• Published 28th Mar 2020
  • 3,979 Views, 20 Comments

The Aftermath of Nightmare Sparkle - Twilight Star



What happened after the Nightmare Sparkle incident? How did Twilight Sparkle recover from that? Did she have somepony with her during this difficult time?

  • ...
6
 20
 3,979

The aftermath

Today was the first day after the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. Although Twilight’s brother and ex-foalsitter were married and very happy on their honeymoon, Twilight’s life wasn’t good. Although Twilight is happy with her Shining and Cadence being married now, she still remembered what happened at the wedding.

Twilight was lying on her bed, she was crying just of remember. Her hooves covered her mouth and her ears were down. She remembered when her brother, her friends and her mentor left her behind after she tried to warn that ‘Cadence’ was evil. And did they believe her? No. They abandoned her at the rehearsal site. But that wasn’t the worst thing that happened. Then came Nightmare, the same creature that made Luna become Nightmare Moon in the past. Nightmare had offered her to take her body. Although she didn’t seem to accept it at first, Nightmare managed to convince her. And she became Nightmare Sparkle. And from there, things didn’t look good, because even though she successfully stopped Queen Chrysalis, she planned to dominate Equestria together with the Nightmare Forces! But she forgave them in the end, but she kept her sadness to herself.

“How could I accept that?” asked Twilight Sparkle to herself as she continued to cry. She was lying in bed since early this morning. She didn’t want to get out of bed, all she wanted to do was just stay in bed and reflect on everything she did as Nightmare Sparkle.

She knew that she had failed to conquer Equestria, but she planned to do so as Nightmare Sparkle. If it weren’t for Spike, her friends, her brother and the three princesses, she would not have being free from Nightmare.

Twilight Sparkle returned to tears. “Why did I accept the Nightmare offer? How could I let my anger get the best of me?”

“Twilight? It’s all right?”

Twilight’s ears perked up. She looked to the right and saw Spike with a concerned look. Twilight looked at the blanket sadly and her ears went down. “No, Spike. It isn’t alright…”

Spike put a paw on the blanket. “Would you like to tell me?”

Twilight Sparkle looked uncertain. Should she tell? She didn’t know if it was a good idea, since she didn’t want Spike to be worried about her. “I don’t know, Spike...”

Spike smiled. “Come on, Twilight. You can tell me how you feel.”

“I don’t know if I should, Spike. You’re just a baby dragon,” said Twilight Sparkle as she was unsure.

“Twilight, I may be a baby dragon, but I can see that you’re sad about something. And as your number one assistant, it’s also my duty to know how you’re feeling,” said Spike.

Twilight Sparkle wasn’t sure if she should tell. “But I don’t want you to feel guilty about why I’m like this.”

“Why would I feel guilty?” asked Spike.

Twilight Sparkle looked to the side. Knowing Spike, he wouldn’t give up until he found out why she was crying. She decided she would tell. “Okay, Spike. You won. I will tell you.”

“Great! Can I sit on the bed to hear you?” asked Spike with a smile.

Twilight Sparkle smiled slightly. “Sure, Spike,” she took Spike with her magic and placed him on the bed.

Twilight Sparkle felt more tears come from just remembering. “Do you remember what happened after you and the others left me at the rehearsal site?”

“Twilight, you still feel guilty that I went with them, right?” asked Spike, now sad. “I’m so sorry. I understand if you’re holding a grudge against me.”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised. “What? That’s not it, Spike. I forgave you for having abandoned me at rehearsal. Really.”

Spike was concerned. “But if it isn’t, what is it then?”

She looked down. “You remember that Nightmare came to me, comforted me and offered me to take my body, right?”

“Yes. I remember,” replied Spike.

“And you remember what I tried to do with you and the others, don’t you?” asked Twilight Sparkle, now with more tears in her eyes.

“Yes. You tried to destroy us,” replied Spike. “Twilight, is that what bothers you?”

“Yes, Spike. I don’t even know how I’m going to live with this,” Twilight Sparkle returned to tears. “Spike, what am I going to do?”

Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door. Spike went to the door. “I’m going. I’ll be right there,” when he opened the door, he saw Luna.

“Princess Luna? What are you doing here?” asked Spike as he was suprised.

“We… I mean, I would like to see how Twilight Sparkle is feeling. Can I go see her?” asked Luna.

“I’m going to see with Twilight.” Spike went up the stairs.

Upon reaching the room, he saw Twilight Sparkle, now wiping tears with a hoof. “Twilight, you have a visitor.”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Spike. “Who was at the door?”

“Princess Luna. She wants to see you. Can I let her in?” asked Spike.

Twilight Sparkle started to think. As much as she wanted to be alone, Luna was a princess of Equestria, and she couldn’t deny a princess request. “Yes, Spike. You can let her in.”

“Okay,” Spike put a paw close to his head, like a commander before going to Luna. “Twilight said you can come in.”

Luna smiled in relief. For a moment, she thought Twilight wouldn’t want her in the library. “Where’s Twilight at?”

“She’s in her room,” replied Spike as he closed the door with a paw.

“Is she reading a book in the bedroom?” asked Luna as she and Spike went up the stairs.

“Unfortunately no, princess.”

Luna was worried about her best friend. Twilight usually liked to read books, and if she wasn’t reading, it was a sign that something wasn’t right. “What does she have?”

“She is very sad about what she did during the wedding as Nightmare Sparkle,” replied Spike.

Luna felt sad. Sadness for what Twilight was going through. She couldn’t help but notice that Twilight was going through the same as her. Twilight was still trying to recover after the aftermath of Nightmare Sparkle, just like Luna who was trying to get used to modern life after she was Nightmare Moon. Spike and Luna arrived in the room.

When Luna saw Twilight Sparkle crying, she ran to her best friend in a worried way. “Twilight! What happened?”

Twilight Sparkle recognized that voice. She looked at the owner of the voice, but it was all blurry because she was crying a lot. She scratched her eyes with a hoof. That done, her vision returned to normal. “Hi, Princess Luna.”

“Twilight, Spike told me what you were going through,” began Luna.

“Really?” asked Twilight Sparkle to be sure.

Luna smiled as she wiped the tears from Twilight Sparkle’s eyes. “Yes, Twilight.”

Twilight Sparkle was confused. “Princess Luna, I don’t understand. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in Canterlot?”

“Twilight, since you went through all that during the wedding, I decided that I would spend a few days with you in Ponyville so that you would feel better after everything you suffered,” replied Luna.

Twilight Sparkle smiled at those words. She knew that Luna cared for her, but she never imagined that Luna would spend a few days with her in Ponyville. But remembering that she she got angry, accepted Nightmare’s offer, and had the desire to rule Equestria, she returned to cry.

Luna was concerned. “Twilight? What happened?”

“Luna, I feel guilty for accepting Nightmare’s offer to take my body and let the anger take the best of me,” replied Twilight Sparkle between tears.

Luna was now stroking the mane of Twilight. The Twilight mane was very soft. “Twilight, I know what you’re going through.”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Luna as more tears came out of her eyes. “Really?”

“Yes, Twilight. In the past, Nightmare came to me as well and also offered me to take my body,” replied Luna. “And I, naive, let Nightmare take my body, believing that my night would be appreciated at last. And when you said what you were feeling, you reminded me of me in the past.”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised by those words. She never imagined that she would look so much like Luna. But she still didn’t know what she was going to do. How would she recover after that? Okay, she had her friends, but her friends had their jobs. “What am I going to do, Luna? How am I going to recover after everything I did as Nightmare Sparkle?”

Fortunately, Luna knew of a solution, but she didn’t know if Twilight would want to do that. “Twilight, I think I have an idea how to fix this.”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Luna, still with tears in her eyes and a small hopeful smile. “What’s your idea?”

“You could stay at Canterlot Castle with me and my sister until you get over it,” replied Luna.

Twilight Sparkle until she thought it was a good idea, but she still has shares her concerns. “But Luna, what about my friends? I don’t want to go there without them knowing it.”

“I could tell them today that you would be staying at the castle for a while until you feel better,” replied Luna as she smiled. “Would you like me to call them over here to say goodbye to them?”

“Yes. I just hope it doesn’t bother you,” replied Twilight Sparkle. She felt uncomfortable that Luna was a princess and Luna had to do something for her, since she was just a unicorn.

“Twilight, helping somepony would never bother me. Not when it involves you.” Luna then left the room and went down the stairs. She was happy to do this favor to Twilight. She just hoped that Twilight’s friends would be understanding.

“Spike, could you stay in Ponyville to take care of the library?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Yes, Twilight,” replied Spike.


After ten minutes, Twilight and Spike heard the sound of a door opening. They went downstairs and saw Luna with the five Twilight-friendly mares. Twilight ran to them. “Girls!” She and the others gave a group hug. Except Luna, who just watched the scene with a smile.

“Twilight, Luna told us that you are going to spend a few days at Canterlot Castle until you recover after the Nightmare Sparkle incident,” said Fluttershy.

“Do you know when you will return to Ponyville, Twilight?” asked Applejack.

“I don’t know, Applejack. It can take several days for me to recover after what I did as Nightmare Sparkle,” replied Twilight Sparkle. “But I hope that with Luna’s help, I will be able to forgive myself.”

“Twilight, can we go?” asked Luna as she smiled.

Twilight Sparkle approached Luna. “Yes, Luna. But how we’ll go to Canterlot? By train?”

“No. Let’s go flying.”

Twilight Sparkle was unsure. “But princess, I don’t have wings.”

“I know you don’t have wings, Twilight. So, you will climb on my back and hold on tight,” replied Luna.

Twilight Sparkle smiled in relief. “Ah okay,” she climbed on her back and held Luna with her hooves. She looked at her friends. “Bye, friends.”

“Bye, Twilight,” said Twilight Sparkle’s friends in unison.

Luna walked out of the library, spread her wings and flew off to Canterlot with Twilight beside her.