• Published 18th Apr 2020
  • 901 Views, 61 Comments

Firestarter - Northguard



A new mare comes to Ponyville, but something is weird about her

  • ...
4
 61
 901

Rage and sorrow

Blaze and Lightning Dust began to walk around the academy as they talked about different things and laughed at jokes. Lightning actually managed to ignore the glances they were given by the cadets, but it came to a stop when a certain rainbow mare came looking for Blaze.

"Blaze?! Where are you?!" Rainbow Dash shouted looking around.

"I'm down here!" Blaze answered.

Rainbow spotted Blaze quickly, but didn't notice Lightning Dust as she flew down to them. When she landed she was about to say something, but eyes trailed over to Lightning Dust and her words failed. She narrowed her eyes in slow rising anger.

"Lightning, bucking, Dust." she said in an angry tone.

Lightning Dust lowered her head and carefully spoke. "Hi...Rainbow....".

"What are YOU doing HERE?!" Rainbow half shouted as rage began to build up.

"I...got a second chance...." Lightning Dust said while avoiding eye contact.

"You WHAT?!?! A SECOND CHANCE?!?! AFTER WHAT YOU DID?!?!" Rainbow Dash yelled. She was letting her rage run freely.

Lightning Dust couldn't gather more courage to speak anymore as her legs were shaking and tears began to gather. Meanwhile Blaze grew frustrated at Rainbow's yelling.

"RD?" Blaze said, but she was ignored as Rainbow yelled at Lightning. "Rainbow Crash?" she was still being ignored. "Ego head?!" still ignored. That was the last straw for Blaze as her mane rose up and moved like wildfire. "HEY PANINI HEAD!!!! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!?!?!?!" Blaze yelled.

Rainbow Dash flinched at the yelling and recoiled a few steps.

"CAN YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR AT LEAST ONE BUCKING SECOND?!?!?!" Blaze continued to yell.

Rainbow Dash eyes went wide as she was struck with yelling that she could literally fell the heat from.

"CAN YOU PLEASE LOOK AT DUST AND TELL ME WHAT BUCKING EMOTIONS YOU SEE IN HER EYES AND BODY LANGUAGE?!?!?!" Blaze shouted as she began to calm down.

Rainbow slowly turned towards Lightning Dust, but didn't see the reaction she expected. She expected to see Dust standing there full of pride and confidence, but what she saw was Lightning Dust barely able to stand and eyes full of tears.

Blaze calmed down and pulled Lightning Dust into a warm embrace. When she did Lightning unleashed an ocean of tears.
They sat like that until Dust went dry and no more tears came to her eyes. Blaze let go of Lightning and turned to Rainbow.

"I found her at the far end of the academy looking she was having a breakdown and I saw the remorse and sorrow in her eyes. She has walked with heavy guilt on her shoulders for a long time." Blaze said.

"How can you know that?" Rainbow asked suspicious.

"Tell me something I don't know. Be it truth or lie." Blaze said.

Rainbow thought for a moment before coming up with something.

"Well there was this one time I-"

"You're lying." Blaze cut in.

Both Rainbow and Lightning's jaws gaped open in shock.

"She barely said anything." Lightning said.

"If it weren't for my fiery nature then my special talent would most likely be to tell the difference between truth and lies." Blaze replied with a smile.

Rainbow shook her head and looked back at Lighting Dust.

"Fine i'm agreeing on your second chance, but i'm keeping an eye on you." Rainbow said sternly.

"Couldn't have said it better myself Crash." Spitfire said while walking up to them. "I may have agreed to give Dust a second chance, but that doesn't mean i'm letting her off the hook." Spitfire continued.

Lightning Dust looked up at Blaze and was greeted by reassuring smile. She then turned to Rainbow and Spitfire.

"I know you don't trust me, but thank you for giving me a second chance." she said.

"Your welcome. Now both of you two." Spitfire said gesturing to both Blaze and Dust. "Get to locker room put on your recruit uniform then meet up outside for your first day." Spitfire ended.

"Yes ma'am!" Blaze and Dust said in unison and raced to the locker room.

"I have a feeling they're going to be good friends." Spitfire laughed.

"I have a feeling my days without Lightning Dust are numbered." Rainbow said.

Author's Note:

Short, but important.

Did someone get the reference I put in this chapter?