• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 768 Views, 46 Comments

Discursive Formations: phantoms forever - The Red Parade



The following document has been classified under orders of the Royal Guard. Please contact the Records and Registration Office of the Royal Guards for more details.

  • ...
5
 46
 768

Preface

The following document refers to the Everfree Incident which took place on February 25th, 2020.

On February 25th 2020, at approximately 3:45 AM Equestrian Standard Time, the University of Canterlot detected a massive surge of magical energy centered around the town of Ponyville.

This was followed by a report from the Mayor of Ponyville that a large disturbance was sighted originating in the Everfree Forest. Due to the unavailability of Princess Twilight Sparkle and the Elements of Harmony, the 66th Battalion of the Royal Guards was dispatched to investigate.

At approximately 4:30 AM, the 66th Battalion reported locating a portal eminating an unknown energy. Mages with the Battalion were unable to identify the energy or the source. The 66th Battalion was ordered to establish a base camp around the portal and await further instructions.

After deliberations, Captain Shining Armor authorized the deployment of the 29th Detachment (“Wonderbolts”) of the Equestrian Air Force and the 35th Detachment of the Equestrian Army (“Wasteland Explorers”). Both detachments were instructed to cross through the portal and report on their findings, and, if possible, locate the source of the energy and determine the level of threat, if any.

The Wonderbolts unit consisted of six active members: Captain Spitfire Maverick, First Lieutenant Soarin’ Windsong, Second Lieutenant Fleetfoot Nimbus, Master Sergeant High Winds, Senior Airpony Wave Chill, and Senior Airpony Misty Fly.

The Wasteland Explorers unit consisted of four members: Captain Juno Keter, Second Lieutenant Joppa Indiana, Specialist Manifest Destiny, and Specialist Indigo Keller.

Each team member of both units was equipped in special biohazard and magical protective suits and standard weaponry. Captains Maverick and Keter were also equipped with experimental equipment designed to allow two way communication between base command and team members. Teams were also equipped with a standard issue polaroid camera.

Both teams crossed the portal at approximately 5:00 AM. Due to an unknown technical issue, Captain Keter was unable to transmit or receive communications. Captain Maverick was able to transmit messages but was apparently unable to receive messages from base camp.

The following is a rough transcription of the messages received by Captain Maverick.