• Published 25th May 2020
  • 3,304 Views, 93 Comments

The Lost Ones - Arceaion



If you lost your brother, what would you to get him back? What would you give to hold him once more? I will find my brother, even if I have to tear the whole damn Multiverse apart to do so.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,304

Chapter 6 - Displaced Part 3

Eris sat in silence in the center of a clearing as around her the sound of leaves and bushes rustling from something moving could be heard. With a sigh Eris's eyes snapped open as she drew back her arm and released a simple blunted dagger earning a yelp from the bushes. "Nice try Red but you are still as loud as an Ursa." She yelled earning a grumble from him, the two had been training for months and while he had improved somewhat he was still sloppy, uncoordinated and unable to actually attack her.

"This is ridiculous!" He said as he rose from the bush. "I mean no offense but this is genuinely not working and I need to move on." He said with a grumble. "I mean as we speak my world is being destroyed by those monsters."

Eris sighed and stood. "I'm not going to argue with you on that point." She said as she approached him. Go get Cador and have Twilight send a message to Celestia, I'll meet you all at the Castle ruins." She said as she turned and headed in the direction of the old castle.

With a sigh Eris shook her head as a figure wrapped in a cloak approached her. "So he couldn't learn from you just yet." He said with a chuckle.

"Shut up you bastard, it's not my fault that your younger self is too headstrong and stupid." She replied as she turned and flicked him in the forehead.

The cloaked figure sighed as he rubbed his forehead. "Yeah, I deserve that." He said with a chuckle. "Still, he will learn, it's just a pity so many had to die for me to learn my lesson."

"You sent him here didn't you?" She asked, receiving silence at that causing her to sigh. "Not much I can do now but give him a few years and a few failings and he'll grow up." She said as she looked over her shoulder at an older version of Redsopine. "He has a lot to learn." She finished as she entered the clearing around the old Castle ruins. "Now let's get a portal going." She said as she took a deep breath and raised her hand which glowed with black magic as her eyes turned white. "Second Magic: Kaleidoscope." As Eris spoke her voice took on an echoing quality to it and before her and the older cloaked being beside her the air fractured and broke revealing a mirror like portal. "Set his next location now my fool of a student." She ordered and the cloaked being nodded before he placed his hand on the portal and it shimmered for a moment.

"It's done, the rest is up to him." Redsopine said as he lowered his hand. "Now I best be leaving, I don't want my younger self seeing me." He said as he turned and with a smirk and salute vanished into a portal.

Eris took a deep breath as she looked at the portal before lowering her hand and looking around before with a sigh she walked over to a small pile of sticks and twigs before she set them up in a pile near the portal. "Rank A Noble Phantasm, Laevatein: Sun-Like Sword that Becomes a Calamity" She muttered as a golden sword that seemed to drench the surroundings with bloodlust appeared in her hand and then subsequently stabbed into the center of the wood pile, setting the of wood aflame. Sitting down on a broken piece of masonry with a sigh she looked toward where Ponyville was. "Now I wait." She muttered, leaning back and relaxing.

It didn't take long for Redsopine to return with Cador, Twilight and Celestia following behind. As they neared and saw the mirror-like portal they all froze except for Red who simply walked over to Eris. "So this is it then, will I see you again?" He asked, receiving a smile from Eris.

"Perhaps, but only when the time is right." She said as she stood and pulled the sword from the fire, returning it to the Gate. "but now I feel you should be on your way." She said as she gestured to the portal and Red stepped up to it alongside Cador. "Good luck Red, don't be a stranger, and try not to be too reckless. Rushing into a situation can make it worse if you don't know what will happen." She warned as he jumped into the Portal closely followed by Cador.

As the portal closed Eris looked up at the sky with a sigh. "Lovely weather on this planet." She said with a smile as she looked to Celestia with a smile and Twilight, who was taking notes on everything she could about the portal. "How have things been going with the guard?" She asked Celestia who frowned.

"Manehatten is holding but they are stressed again." She replied. "I've redeployed many of the guards stationed in Baltimare to Fillydelphia. As a result the South West area is less protected but I need to get this Demonic incursion dealt with before they spread too far out." She said, causing Twilight to stop and listen as Eris nodded in thought.

"Has Luna recovered yet?" She asked. "With the both of you I'd imagine the situation would become much easier."

Celestia sighed at this causing Eris to raise an eyebrow. "She is awake but... in her current condition I fear she would not be able to protect herself." She said, causing Eris to frown. "While she has regained her mind and wishes to join the battle at the moment she can't do more than offer me a second opinion. Her mental state is still fragile and while she won't say it I can tell she is hurting."

Eris nodded. "Have my suggestions been able to help?" She asked, receiving a nod from Celestia. "I've not sheltered her from any of her duties nor have I tried to force her to stop her work. Reinstating the Night Guard and with their ranks made up of mostly Thestrals has helped her tremendously. She sends her thanks for freeing her."

Eris smiled. "The road to recovery for her is a long and hard one, she will relapse many times and she will never truly recover or be the same." Eris said as her smile faded. "Believe me I know." She said darkly as she walked past them. "Come, let's get out of this forest and enjoy ourselves for a while." She said as she continued to walk down the path to Ponyville.

The Three walked for the rest of the day out of the forest with them exiting just as Celestia lit her horn to begin lowering the Sun. "I will be returning to Canterlot, be safe my student." She said as she hugged Twilight and then stood looking at Eris. "As for you, look after her and be safe. I'd hate to lose more friends, especially one who could live for some time." She said as with a flash she disappeared.

Eris sighed as she looked at Twilight who was hurrying down the path from the woods into town and toward her home. "If it were so easy Celestia, if only." She said she followed Twilight reaching the Library moments before the shield activated.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the short chapter but I needed to get this finished. In other new I'm back once again, at least for a while, do not expect a lot of updates to start off with as I'm just starting to come back to writing and I might vanish again. Work IRL as well as other things have consumed my life and my mental health is not doing too great right now as a result. I'm taking a much needed rest right now which has given me time to crank this out.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will see you in the next one.