• Published 6th Mar 2020
  • 717 Views, 22 Comments

I'm fairly sure there's a bird in my ceiling - TheDriderPony



Twilight is fairly sure there's a bird in her ceiling. This was a horribly dangerous assumption.

  • ...
1
 22
 717

Chapter 2

I'm fairly sure there's a bird in my ceiling.

I don't know if it's the same bird, but I can’t help but think so. But why would a bird follow me all the way from my home to my new tower dorm? But it sounds the same, and I've never heard another bird that sounds like it.

Maybe it likes the crumbs from my midnight reading snacks. Or maybe it hatched in my ceiling and imprinted onto me?

I kind of like it now. Being alone in the tower is a little scary, but my bird reminds me of home. Its cooing is familiar, comforting. Same with the ticking of its beak and talons on stone.

I've tried to find it during the day, but never had any luck. I thought that, for being awake all night, it must be a nocturnal bird that sleeps during the day. Yet I can never spot it. I guess it must be out and about doing bird things during the day. Catching worms and ruining statues. Maybe it coos in its sleep?

It went quiet for a few weeks when I first brought Spike to live with me. I think it was scared into silence. Even I was a little bit scared after Princess Celestia brought him a whole roast chicken to eat. But I was glad when my bird came back.

I have a theory that it may be some kind of woodpecker. That would explain all the tiny holes in my ceiling and walls. Though how he gets through the stone is beyond me.