• Published 6th Mar 2020
  • 703 Views, 22 Comments

I'm fairly sure there's a bird in my ceiling - TheDriderPony



Twilight is fairly sure there's a bird in her ceiling. This was a horribly dangerous assumption.

  • ...
1
 22
 703

Chapter 5

I'm extremely sure there's not a bird in my ceiling.

Comments ( 21 )

Very interesting.

It's complete.
Drats. What is it then!

Lovely little experiment in minimalist storytelling. Enjoyably, subtly creepy. Though the last line throws some of that out. Still, leave it to Twilight to make friends without meaning to. Thank you for this.

Have your like and the eternal nagging in our heads, you monster :derpytongue2:

But... But what is it?

Fetch #7 · Mar 6th, 2020 · · 3 ·

10118737
A story which should be just 5 paragraphs on one page.

I recall a time that FiMfiction deleted multichapter stories if ALL the chapters were less than 500 words. And also when it was a RULE that the first chapter had to be 1000 words minimum. Both of those are because each chapter is an entire webpage, which uses up FiMfiction's server space.

Ehh... I'd feel more intrigued if there were more evidence of what it IS. Is there a reference I'm missing? Even if I can't be certain, I'd like to be able to guess.

Coretz #9 · Mar 6th, 2020 · · 2 ·

10118804
I disagree. This story would not work so well workout this format. I'm loving it. It's short yet provocative. All it needs is a little more conclusion.

I'm going out on a limb and saying it's some strange SCP that's attached itself to her.

Nope, nope, nope! That settles it, I'm not sleeping tonight.

But what was in the ceiling? :rainbowhuh:

10119570
The Foundation has not approved you for clearance to SCP-[REDACTED].

well i haven't the foggiest, surely interesting to say the least.
I would really like to have more information, even more so knowing that it's freaked out Twi but she said nothing about it.

I liked this. The break in repetition at the start of the final chapter hit harder than I'd have expected when I started reading this.
I'll agree that there could be just a little bit more to finish us off. What was it that, after four entries of rationalization, has caused our purple protagonist to change her belief so starkly but still write about it?
Still get little shivers reading the last bit, though. Nice.

Very interesting! Impressed Twilight hadn't been driven insane yet (or had she?) and alas, I'm left wanting more. Still, the conclusion left me with a lot of implications: with the nice flow of events in her life, I'm guessing chapter 5 could've taken place after Celestia/Luna's abdication when she's back in Canterlot (now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how far she lived from the castle as a kid). Maybe the... thing is friendly, but if not, a villain that knew every detail and pattern of Twilight's life must be very fun to deal with.

So... Is it Rainbow Dash?

10120106
Not a bird, that's for sure.

10599464
Are you just working your way backwards through my bibliography?
Not that I'm complaining! Always glad to get a new reader.

10599478
As a matter of fact, yes I am! :twilightsheepish:

I've read some of your stories before, but now I'm giving the whole a closer look.

My guess twilight was being stalked by galus they missing chunks of her castle was him pawn crystals for food

Login or register to comment