• Published 6th Mar 2020
  • 718 Views, 22 Comments

I'm fairly sure there's a bird in my ceiling - TheDriderPony



Twilight is fairly sure there's a bird in her ceiling. This was a horribly dangerous assumption.

  • ...
1
 22
 718

Chapter 1

I'm fairly sure there's a bird in my ceiling.

I can hear it cooing at night. Never in the morning or during the day like other birds do, only at night.

Big brother Shiny doesn't believe me; he says he can't hear it. That I'm imagining things.

Of course he wouldn't hear it. It's in my ceiling, not his, and he’s way across the house on the other side. I tried to bring him into my room so he could hear it, but it never coos when he's around. And it doesn't make the little tik tik tik noise either.

I lie awake and listen to it sometimes when I'm too tired to read and too alert to sleep. Other nights it keeps me awake. It's a very strange bird.

I got a book about birds from the library, but it didn't have a list of bird sounds.

I thought about telling the Princess, but I don't want to be a bother. She's so busy anyway and I'm already taking up so much of her time now that she's going to be teaching me. Besides, she'd probably just say it's a pigeon, like Mom, or that it doesn't exist, like Dad. But I don't think pigeons coo like that. Especially at night.