• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 615 Views, 34 Comments

Equestria Girls: Rage and Fear - Time Agent pony



When both Flash Sentry and Midnight Sparkle are chosen by a red and yellow power ring, they struggle to control the rings power while trying to do good

  • ...
 34
 615

Chapter 3

Elsewhere.

After a long time, Flash managed to reach CHS, he had been struggling to get the rings flight capabilities to work.

The ring seemed to have a lot of power inside of it but, for some reason, it didn't seemed to be locked away.

"I sure hope no one sees me," Flash thought to himself, "the last thing I need is to be in trouble with Principle Celestia or Vice principle Luna."

Suddenly, he heard the sound of a student crying in destress, despite being late Flash know that he couldn't just ignore it, with the power he had now maybe he could help.

He followed sound to where it was coming from, only to find Hardball and Komodo harassing Eye Boy a.k.a. Trevor Hawkins, a Mutant with eyes all over his body.

Eye Boy was cowering before the two bullies, who stood over their victim, with smirks on their faces.

"What are you going to use against us?" Hardball asked, "your powers?"

The two bullies cackled with laughter, as Eye Boy looked like he was going to cry.

Whats the matter?

A voice in Flash's head asked, as the two bullies gloated over their victim.

Are you simply going to watch? More pain awaits him if you do nothing

"No," Flash replied, not questioning where the voice had come from, with that he approached Hardball and Komodo.

"Hey!" he called, as he advanced, "remember me? How about you pick on me instead."

The two turned and the smirks on their faces widened, recognising their old punching bag.

"Hey, look Hardball," Komodo said, "it's little Flashy trying to play hero."

"Yeah," Hardball nodded, turning away from Eye Boy, "and this time his girlfriend isn't here to save him this time."

The two of them walked up to Flash as he closed in, Hardball's fists glowing with energy and Komodo readying her claws.

Flash prepared himself, ready to use his new powers to get back at the two bullies who made his life unbearable.

seconds later.

Flash got up from being throw against a locker, the ring hadn't worked and all he could do was dodge the bullies attacks.

"OK," he choked, "maybe this was a bad idea."

Was your previous decision a mistake then?

"No, it wasn't" he said, looking at the ring in frustration, "Why aren't you working?"

For my powers to be yours the voice replied, I must have your agreement that will be willing to use your rage to get whatever you want, even if it means hurting people.

"Yes," Flash replied, "I agree to whatever you want me to do."

"I think you might have hit him to hard," Komodo smiled, "he's taking to himself."

Very well the voice replied, I shall heed your call, speak the oath and let your rage flow!

As the bullies prepared their final beatdown, Flash began to seek.

He didn't know how he know the words, but as he spoke felt the power within the ring on his finger rising.

With Blood and rage of crimson red,
We fill men's souls with darkest dread,
And twist your minds to pain and hate.
We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

After Flash had finished there was an explosion of red energy, when it cleared the uniform of a red lantern had formed over Flash's clothes and a red lantern power battery had materialised in his hand.

"What the..?" Hardball said, as he and Komodo were taken aback by what had happened.

"Oh, this is good," Flash smiled, "this is really good."

"What are you talking about?" Komodo responded, confused by what Flash had said.

"Seeing now that I've got all this power," Flash replied, "I can finally cut loose and get some payback."

"Alright," Hardball said, a smile appearing on his face and his fists glowing with energy, "lets dance."


Midnight looked at the yellow ring, that was now on her finger, she had no idea what was going on.

Before she could ponder what had just happened any further Cypher, Warlock, Twilight and Rarity entered the classroom.

"Midnight," Twilight said, "what happened out there?"

"You can tell us, if something is wrong, darling," Rarity added, "we're your friends, we're here to help."

"Right," Cypher nodded.

"Agreed," Warlock stated, "this one hates to see <Friend Midnight> look sad."

Midnight then explained what she had tried to do, by taking Twilight's advice.

Twilight was about to reply, but was cut off by the bell announcing the start of afternoon lessons.

"We'll talk about this later," Twilight said, "we'd better get to class."

"Good idea," Rarity nodded, "the teachers will wonder where we are if we're late."

"Ok," Midnight sniffed, "thanks for not being mad at me."

With that, the five of them headed for class, nether of them noticing the yellow ring of Midnight's finger.


Flash stood over Hardball and Komodo, who were laying bruised and beaten in front of him.

"So," he said, bring Hardball's face closer to his face, "what have you learned?"

Hardball mumbled something in response.

"What was that?" Flash asked, "I can't hear you."

"Don't mess with Flash Sentry," Hardball said, in a slightly louder.

"Didn't quiet hear that," Flash replied.

"Don't mess with Flash Sentry," Hardball repeated, loud enough for Flash Sentry to hear.

"Thats right," Flash smiled, "and don't you forget it."


Meanwhile, outside the school.

A black car stopped on the opposite side of the road from the front entrance of CHS.

"It seems the lantern rings have found new bearers," a figure in the shadows said, "having a lantern would be a valuable asset and a powerful tool."

Across from the figure sat Laura De Mille, a.k.a. Madame Rouge, an enemy of the Doom Patrol and currently working for the supervillain organisation H.I.V.E. (Hierarchy of International Vengeance and Extermination).

She had been tasked with finding promising young Metas, Mutants, Inhumans and other enhanced individuals to recruit into H.I.V.E.'s academy to train the recruits to become villains.

"I trust you understand your orders," the figure continued, "you must find and convince the red or yellow lanterns to join our academy."

"And if I encounter any resistance?" Madame Rouge asked, "what if these new lanterns have friends?"

"Try and convince them," the figure replied, "the lanterns are the main goal, anyone else is a bonus."

"And if they cannot be swayed?" Madame Rouge retorted.

"Then deal with them," the figure answered, "in anyway you see fit."

"Understood," Madame Rouge nodded.

"And remember," the figure stated, "returning empty handed will be met with severe consequences."

"I assure you," Madame Rouge answered, "I do not intend to fail or be defeated."

"One more thing before you go," the figure added, handing a small case which contained what looked like earrings to Madame Rouge, "you'll report back to me at the end of everyday."

"Anything else?" Madame Rouge inquired.

"Just remember what I said before," the figure reiterated, "failure is not an option, Brother Blood will not be happy if you return empty handed."

Madame Rouge looked worried for a second, then her expression changed back to normal.

"Tell Brother Blood not to worry," she replied, as she shapeshifted into a teenage girl, "I will bring him the lanterns and anyone else I think shows promising potential."

"Very good," the figure smiled, "now go, your mission starts tomorrow."