• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 615 Views, 34 Comments

Equestria Girls: Rage and Fear - Time Agent pony



When both Flash Sentry and Midnight Sparkle are chosen by a red and yellow power ring, they struggle to control the rings power while trying to do good

  • ...
 34
 615

Chapter 10

"What do you mean, I don't have the potential your superiors were looking for?" Midnight asked.

"My superiors at H.I.V.E. wanted someone cold, ruthless and not held down by personal attachments or morality," Madame Rouge replied.

"Then why did you help me control my powers and giving me combat training?" Midnight replied, "what would you have to gain?"

"I had hoped that by teaching you how to control your powers and giving basic combat training," Madame Rouge answered, "I could mold you into a weapon H.I.V.E. could use, but now..." she continued, as a evil smile stretched across her face "I see that you pathetic and weak."

With that, Madame Rouge lashed out with a powerful punch, aiming for Midnight's head.

Midnight managed to dodge out of the way, though Madame Rouge's punch did leave a dent in the wall where she had been.

Midnight tried her best to counter attack, both with her ring and with her powers.

Madame Rouge simply stretched herself around Midnight's attacks, the smile from earlier still on her face.

"Children never learn," she smirked, "you cannot touch me."

She launched another super stretch punch at Midnight

Midnight did manage to create a shield construct to block the initial attack, but a second blow from Madame Rouge smashed through the construct, knocking Midnight to the ground.

"Even after all my training," Madame Rouge declared, standing over Midnight, "you still have learned nothing."


As Flash headed to apologised to his band members, he heard the commotion from Midnight and Madame Rouge's fight.

"Now is good a time as any to give what Amadeus told me a try," Flash thought to himself, as he headed for the danger.

Then he stopped to think for a moment, "from the sound of it, I might need some backup."


Midnight's ring was almost out of power, any constructs she created where quickly destroyed by Madame Rouge's attacks.

"Looks like this is the end," Madame Rouge declared, as she stood over the defeated Midnight, "if you fully embraced fear you might have had a chance against me."

"You haven't won yet," Midnight replied, slowly getting back on her feet, "I'll fight you till my last breath, my friends would've done same in my position."

"And just where are those friends of yours then?" Madame Rouge laughed, "I told you trust no one, friendship is a weakness friendship is.."

"I got some friendship for you.." a voice interrupted, "RIGHT HERE!"

Before she could react, Madame Rouge was punch aside by a red fist construct.

Midnight looked to where the fist had come from and was relieved to see Sunset Shimmer, Flash Sentry, Raven, Colossus and someone who Midnight didn't recognise, he was Calvin Montgomery Rankin a.k.a. Mimic

"Back off my friend's sister," Sunset said.

"If it's a fight you want," Flash declared, "we'll give you one."

Raven, Colossus and Mimic nodded in agreement as they readied their powers, Sunset and Flash's lantern rings, Raven's Telekinesis and her soul-self, Colossus's steel skin and Mimic's power copying ability.

The powers Mimic had copied were: the all-new Wolverine's claws, Dust's sandstorm transforming powers, Bunker's construct armour creating powers, Colossus's steel skin and Miss Martian's healing factor.

"I doesn't matter how many of you there are," Madame Rouge smiled, as Midnight ran over to stand alongside her friends, "you are no match for me."

With that, the Sunset, Flash and their allies charged at Madame Rouge, while Midnight watched from the sidelines.

After a few minutes, Sunset and others lay defeated at Madame Rouge's feet.

"Pathetic," Madame Rouge remarked.

She then noticed, Midnight as she tried to make a run for it and alert the principal, Twilight or her other friends.

"It is time to take care of business," Madame Rouge said, sadistically.

"We have to do something," Flash said, as Madame Rouge advanced on the terrified Midnight.

"Right, but what?" Sunset replied, "she's too powerful for us to take down."

Flash thought for second, soon he had an idea, he turned to Raven who had almost recovered from Madame Rouge's attacks.

"Raven," he said, "I need you remove the emotional barriers you placed in my mind."

"Are you mad?!" Raven cried, "you'll be taken over by rage again!"

"No I won't," Flash answered, "Amadeus taught me a thing or two about controlling rage and anger."

Raven was about to argue, but the look on Flash's face told her that she couldn't dissuade Flash from his chose.

"OK," she nodded, placing her hands on either side of Flash's head and her eyes glowed white.

"Be careful," Sunset said.

"I will," Flash replied, smiling.

"It's done," Raven stated, once she had done what Flash wanted.

"Alright," Flash answered, as Madame Rouge advanced on the terrified Midnight

"Don't you touch her," he said, as he struggled to his feet.

"You barely stood a chance against me before," Madame Rouge smirked, "what makes you think that this time will be different?"

"Because.." Flash responded, "you're trying to hurt one of my friends and that. Makes. Me. Really. Really. MAD!"

Flash's eyes glowed red as the energy from his ring started to surge all around him.

Good, Good

The voice of the Butcher whispered in Flash's mind.

Let all the rage and anger flow through you

Flash ignored the voice and advanced on Madame Rouge, a sword and shield construct materialising in his hands.

Madame Rouge throw one of her super stretch punches at Flash.

He simply blocked with his shield and slashed at Madame Rouge arm with his sword.

He managed to cut off the arm, but Madame Rouge simply regenerated her arm and continued her attack.

"Your attempts at heroism are futile," she stated, "your constructs cannot damage or hurt me."

"Well, then," Flash replied, as his sword and shield constructs disappeared "I'll just have to think outside the box then."

Thinking fast, Flash materialised a hammer construct in his hand.

"You think something like that can stop me?" Madame Rouge laughed.

"Yes," Flash retorted, "because it can do this."

Before Madame Rouge knew it, the face of the hammer popped off and punching glove shot out, hitting the villain in the face.

While she was still dazed from the attack, Flash summoned up some brass knuckles on his fists and dashed at Madame Rouge and delivered a furry of punches.

After a while, Madame Rouge looked almost defeated.

Flash stood over the villain, the red energy from his ring still surging around him.

Do it, she is beaten

The voice of the the Butcher once again whispered in Flash's mind.

You know what must be done, Red Lantern, do not hesitate, show no mercy.

"No," Flash answered, "I won't do it, I'm in control not you!"

You must do it!

The voice of the Butcher thundered in response to Flash's answer.

If you don't then you will always be small and weak! But with my power you will be consumed by my anger and no one will bully or push you around ever again

The Butcher's word did sound promising and Flash was tempted, but then, he heard Sunset's voice.

"Flash," she said, "please stop, you've done enough, you're scaring me."

Don't listen to her! she'll just take your powers away.

"Flash, please," Sunset implored, "don't leave me, you can't, I love you."

Sunset, seeing what she was saying was getting through Flash, leaned in and kissed him.

Meanwhile, inside Flash's mind.

"You know what?" Flash declared, "your offer sounds interesting, but I'm not interested."

What? You dare deny my power?!

"But I have deal I think you might like," Flash replied.

Very well, speak!

"I will use my anger to hurt people," Flash began.

I'm listening

"But," Flash continued, "I will only hurt the worst scum of the planet, the most evil people to ever walk the earth, but no one else."

The Butcher thought for a long while, considering Flash's proposal.

It seems that your offer has caught my attention the Butcher said, you got yourself a deal.

Flash turned to Midnight, who had watched the fight unfold.

"You want to do the honours?" he asked.

"Really?" Midnight replied.

"Yeah," Flash nodded, "you've earned it."

Midnight nodded, she dashed up to Madame Rouge and delivered a magical and yellow ring enhanced knock out punch to the villain.

"Nice work," Flash said, giving the Midnight the thumbs up.