• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 615 Views, 34 Comments

Equestria Girls: Rage and Fear - Time Agent pony



When both Flash Sentry and Midnight Sparkle are chosen by a red and yellow power ring, they struggle to control the rings power while trying to do good

  • ...
 34
 615

Chapter 2

After school.

Flash walked through the streets of Canterlot city, even outside of CHS he still couldn't escape superheroes, everything from graffiti to magazines to posters featured a hero or a group of heroes.

The more Flash saw the more his anger and envy grow, he sighed and continued walking.

"Rough day, huh?" a voice asked.

Flash turned around, to see Sunset touched down behind him.

"No," Flash replied, "I'm fine."

He continued on walking, Sunset following behind him.

"Something's wrong with you," Sunset insisted, "I can see that."

"There is nothing wrong with me," Flash replied, "and even if there was you wouldn't understand."

And without saying another word, Flash kept walking leaving Sunset behind.


Twilight's house.

Midnight sat on her bed, the room was silent.

There was a knock on the door, "Midnight?" the voice Twilight said, though the door, "are you ok?"

Midnight didn't answer.

"Alright," Twilight continued, "I'm coming in."

The door opened and Twilight entered the room.

She sat down next to Midnight and put a hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked, "you've been silent all evening."

Midnight turned to Twilight with tears in her eyes

For a moment, she didn't reply, then she spoke, "I need help," she said, "I don't know how to control my powers."

She went on to explain what had happened at CHS.

Twilight listened to the entire explanation, "You shouldn't try to suppress your powers," she responded, wiping away Midnight's tears, "you need to trust yourself, you can control your powers."

"You really think so?" Midnight smiled, "I mean I can barley do anything that you and your friends can do."

"Trust me," Twilight said, "when the time is right, let the power flow."

"Ok?" Midnight replied, "I believe you, thanks sis."

With that, Twilight and Midnight hugged each other.


The next day.

Flash walked to CHS, still feeling the same as he did the previous day, he sighed as he braced himself for another day of frustration and getting pushed around.

"If I had powers," Flash thought, "Hardball and Komodo would know not to mess with me."

Like last night, everywhere he looked there were images of heroes like: Superman, Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, Kimiyo Hoshi Doctor Light and Jessica Drew Spider-woman, were plastered on walls and posters.

Even some of the superheroes had their own businesses that were advertised everywhere like: Department of Damage Control, Wayne Enterprise, Stark Industries and Goldstar Incorporated.

Like before, it only made Flash's anger and frustration grow, though he did try and put the thoughts & feelings out of his head as he continued to walk.

Flash Sentry of Earth

Flash spun round but upon seeing nothing, carried on walking.

Flash Sentry of Earth

Again Flash turned around and still saw nothing, he started walking faster he had the feeling he was being followed but he couldn't see who it was.

Flash Sentry of Earth

Upon hearing the voice again, Flash ducked into a nearby alleyway, hoping whoever was following him would pass by, he closed his eyes and waited.

For a moment, their was silence...then.

Flash Sentry of Earth

The voice came again, this time it was right in front of him.

Flash slowly opened his eyes, there was no one there, all that was there was a red ring floating in the air.

"What the...?" Flash said.

Flash Sentry of Earth

He ring spoke again.

There is great rage in your heat, you belong to the Red Lantern corps

The ring continued to speak as it did, it slotted itself into Flash's finger.

After the ring had attached itself to him, Flash felt a surge of power flow through him.


CHS, hours later.

Midnight headed for the cafeteria, Twilight words from the previous night still echoing in her head.

"What did she mean?" she wondered, "when the time is right?"

Putting the thought out of her head for now, Midnight entered the cafeteria.

All around her, students whispered among themselves.

Midnight eat her lunch, trying to ignore what everyone around her saying about her.

She was about finish her lunch, feeling more alone than ever.

When Glob approached her, along with Cypher a.k.a. Doug Ramey, a mutant and Warlock, a techno-organic alien shapeshifter and Cypher's best friend.

"Mind if we join you?" Glob asked.

"Not at all," Midnight replied, "no one else will sit with me."

The three seated themselves opposite from Midnight and began eating their lunch, Warlock didn't need to eat, being an alien.

"Query," Warlock said, "why is <Purple haired one> sitting by herself."

"Yeah," Cypher nodded, "everyones acting like you're a monster or something."

Midnight sighed, "It's because I can't control my powers," she answered.

There was an awkward silence, after which, Midnight explained what had happened the previous day.

"Oh," Glob said, after Midnight had finished explaining, "thats why you ran off afterwards."

"My sister, Twilight gave me some advice," Midnight added, "but I can't figure out what it means."

Cypher looked thoughtful, "Maybe she meant..." he began.

But before Cypher could continue, Manchester Black and Aftershock entered the cafeteria, behind the two of them was Mortar a.k.a. Liana Feeser.

"Your attention, please," Manchester said, "my friends and I looking for Midnight Sparkle."

No one answered.

"One more time," Manchester stated, Mortar morphing her hands into maces "has anyone seen Midnight Sparkle?"

Again, no one answered.

"All right," Manchester smiled, "guess I'll have to fry the minds of everyone in here, until Midnight Sparkle steps forward."

Manchester Black's eyes glowed as he prepared to use his physic powers.

"Wait!" Midnight cried, as she got up from her seat, "if you want me, fine, just don't hurt anyone."

"Fine," Manchester smirked, "anyway it's time for payback for yesterday."

Midnight felt her power rising again, she remembered what Twilight had said and she didn't fight the power as it began to rise.

Manchester and his two goon prepared to attack Midnight.

She tried her best to focus the power into a small blast, but like last time Midnight's powers went haywire and she ended up releasing a huge blast of energy, which blasted the three bullies back.

The whole cafeteria was in stunned silence.

Every student, except Twilight, the Rainbooms, Glob, Cypher and Warlock, stared at Midnight with looks of fear on their faces.

Tears began forming in Midnight's eyes, before anyone could stop her, she ran from the room.


Seconds later, an empty classroom.

Still with tears in her eyes, Midnight slumped down against classroom wall, she didn't know what to do or who could help her anymore.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted her tears.

Midnight Sparkle of Earth

Midnight looked around, but all she could see was a yellow ring floating in the air.

You have ability to install great fear

The ring continued as it slowly slotted itself onto Midnight's finger.

Welcome to the Sinestro Corps.