• Published 18th Feb 2020
  • 236 Views, 7 Comments

Celestial Charm - A biography - Atlas INC

  • ...
5
 7
 236

The Battle for Canterlot

The battle for Canterlot was harsh and unforgiving. Only a few hundred made it out of several thousands of troops. The battle started on February 17, and a large amount of snow was predicted to come down that evening. Wrapped in winter gear, The Solar Empire’s Army marched towards the city. Once in range, Lunar machine gunners opened fire on the infantry causing them all to scramble for cover. The infantry moved up one by one, inching closer and closer to the city, this went on for many long hours, until finally a breakthrough. Soldiers had broken in and now fighting was street by street, house by house. While searching a house Celestial Charm was attacked by a pony armed with a knife. While fighting she took the knife to her side and was cut in multiple other places before landing the fatal shot. She stumbled out of the house and crashed down into the stone street.

After being resuscitated by field medics she was bandaged up and continued fighting a all the way until the top of the final tower. Along with three other ponies, Celestial Charm raised the solar flag over Canterlot. Sunrise Sight was shot by one of the guards while moving up with his men. He was quickly rushed to the medic station to try and save his life. Thankfully he was saved by the quick action of the medics and was able to return to combat a few months later. Asides from this major battle she featured in many smaller scale battles against the changlings. Altogether she helped keep her platoon alive and good well fighting and killing any Changlings she came across. Both Celestial Charm and Sunrise Sight continued fighting in battles until the end of the war and the changlings were defeated.

Even though the attack killed many ponies The Lunar Republic still wouldn’t back down. Luna was still missing, they had not found her at Canterlot which was unexpected to say the least. The Solar Empire swept through the rest of the Lunar Republic, but still no sign of Princess Luna. Until a Pegasus division flying over the Everfree forest spotted a heavily defended and very well hidden structure, most likely where Luna was. This was the second bloodiest battle of the war against the Lunar Republic. Forces surrounded the base and attacked with full force against Luna, but it was worthless, Luna had put a magic barrier around the fort preventing any long range attack. This meant that The Solar Army would have to charge through the forest and through the shield to even get a chance at attacking. 2 divisions specifically The Bright Sky company and The Timber Wolf division. Their mission was to advance on the weaker side while the main assault group attacks the front. Hours later they advanced from the east while the rest of the soldiers attacked from the south. They snuck in and eliminated all the soldiers in their way to Luna. They got in to Luna’s chamber where she was deploying the spell, and Celestial Charm shot Luna in the side. A non-fatal blow but painful enough to get her to stop deploying the spell. They captured Luna and forced the Lunar Soldiers to stop fighting or she dies. Celestial Charm recalls the day she shot an alicorn “I just didn’t about the fact that Luna was an alicorn, I was just focused on saving my friends in the other divisions.”

The Solar Empire also sustained the more casualties than the Lunar Republic, due to the large frontal assault as a diversion. Luna eventually returned to who she was before the war and Equestria finally came back together. The armies were disbanded and everyone was given a chance to have a life without war.