• Published 17th Feb 2020
  • 1,366 Views, 111 Comments

The Dark Knight Falls - TheClownPrinceofCrime



There is a thin line being crossed between a vigilante and a hero. The Joker’s chaos not only breaks the Dark Knight but also Twilight and her friends.

  • ...
2
 111
 1,366

Chapter 9: The Chaos Continues

Batman looked toward his right and saw the body of Fancy Pants lying on the ground. He noticed his clown makeup on his face which prompted him to investigate his corpse. Once he got close to him, he recognized the Glasgow smile on his face. Then he turned to Twilight who was furious over the fact that the Canterlot library was destroyed.

“Twilight, listen to me very carefully.” Batman sternly told her. Immediately quenching her wrath, Twilight turned her attention to him to listen to what he had to say. “The Joker is not like any criminal I’ve faced in a long time; he is ruthless, chaotic, and extremely dangerous. I do not want any one of you ponies to go near him no matter what...for your own safety. Do you all understand?”

Everypony willingly nodded as they all feared Joker’s presence. However, Rainbow Dash flew in front of Batman saying, “Pffff, come on, Bruce! We faced Sombra, Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, and even Discord! That Joker freak will be no different!”

Batman somberly shook his head. “No...he is different. I don’t know about this Nightmare Moon or Chrysalis, but Sombra was nothing compared to the Joker. Please, listen to me.” Batman firmly advised. “I will handle him while all of you keep yourselves safe.”

Twilight and her friends looked at each other then nodded together as they all had the same thought. “You got this, Batman. You saved us from Sombra; we know you got this.” Twilight said, warmly smiling. The Mane Six hugged the Dark Knight affectionately before he slowly embraced them back. “We love you, Bruce.”

“Likewise.” he slightly smiled. He levitated in the air with his crystal magic and flew off from Ponyville.


UNDERGROUND


Discord was sitting on his throne in the middle of seven large piles of rocks who were singing to him worshipfully and below several floating bowls of cereal that had a mixture of cheerios, salt, and gatorade. “Hmmm, which one should I have? The bowl of fruit loops? The honey nut cheerios bowl? Which one, which one? Ohhh, yes! That one!” he randomly pointed at the apple jacks bowl.

“Applejack would cringe knowing what this is called.” Discord snickered. He ate the bowl itself while simply drinking the cereal instead of eating it. Then he turned his attention to the singing rock piles. “Thank you! Thank you! My lovely subjects! Your adoration is much appreciated! Dismissed!” he snapped his fingers which turned the piles back to normal.

“Now, for my informal meeting with my prisoner.” Discord evilly whispered. He disappeared in a white flash and reappeared in front of his prisoner in another room underground. The prisoner was muffling due to the cloth wrapped around the muzzle. “Enjoying your time here...Cadence?” he wickedly smiled.


30 MINUTES EARLIER


Cadence and Celestia were in the hospital to comfort the injured victims of the Canterlot library explosion. Some of them were in critical condition whereas the other ponies were in stable condition. Nonetheless, the two alicorn princesses were determined to comfort everypony affected by the senseless violence that occurred.

“Don’t worry, everypony. The physicians will do everything they can to ensure your speedy recovery.” Cadence assured.

“Indeed. Do not fear, my little ponies. The instigator of this heinous crime will be swiftly dealt with. You have my word as the ruler of Equestria.” Celestia added.

The wounded were comforted knowing that their rulers were caring for them and were faithfully attending them in this hour of unexpected affliction. Nurse Redheart came into the surgery room and looked upon the princesses. “Greetings, princesses.” she bowed. “The doctor would like to speak with you outside.”

Nodding, the alicorns left the room and met the doctor who was just finishing up his paperwork. “Ahh, princesses. I’m glad you were able to make it here.” he began. “First, the ponies with critical injuries will live, but they will have to take daily pain killers and medication in order to recover speedily. Second, your help and care is most appreciated.”

“Thank you for the report, Dr. Greymare.” Celestia said.

“Anytime. Nurse, may I have a word with you for a moment?” Dr. Greymare asked.

“Sure thing, doc.” Redheart replied. She and Greymare left the hallway, and he led her inside a closet. Making sure nopony was around, he closed the door and locked it. Confused, she raised her eyebrow at him. “Um, Dr. Greymare, why are you locking us in here?” she asked.

Greymare completely turned his whole head around like an owl and death glared at her. “What do you think, pony?” he condescendingly spat. He magically levitated a knife from his pocket and stabbed her in the chest. Redheart gasped for air and grunted in severe pain while coughing out blood. Greymare then glowed his eyes bright yellow and slit her throat.

“Time to change Equestria’s history, nurse.” he said. He stabbed her again in the chest. Once he released it from her chest, she fell on the floor, gasped for oxygen for a couple minutes, and died from excessive blood loss. Greymare smiled sinisterly before morphing into a familiar draconequus. “That was easy. Grogar taught me very well about disguise. I suppose I could do this more often.” Discord said.

He then morphed into Redheart and hid the real Redheart behind the ladder. “Rest well, Dr. Greymare.” he said in her voice, pushing aside some clothes that revealed the real Greymare’s skeleton. Evilly giggling, he walked out of the closet and closed the door.

Discord, posing as Redheart, trotted to Cadence who was finished with giving words of encouragement and hope to the injured in the surgery room. “Princess Cadence, do you mind if I have a word with you outside?” ‘Redheart’ asked.

“Sure.” Cadence replied.

“I must return to Canterlot to resume my duties. I hope that everything else goes well, my niece.” Celestia said.

“It will, Auntie. Farewell.” Cadence slightly bowed. Nodding, Celestia teleported out of the hospital.

‘Redheart’ led Cadence in the same closet where the dead bodies of the doctor and nurse lay. “Pardon me, but why are you leading me to this closet here?” Cadence asked. ‘Redheart’ opened the door, coldly pushed her inside the closet, entered in, then locked the door.

“For this...” Discord growled, changing back to his normal form. Cadence gasped in surprise. He snapped his fingers, causing a cloth to wrap around her muzzle to shut her up, a rope around her wings, and a seal on her horn.

“Oh, don’t worry, princess...these poor ponies will be put out of their misery. It is an act of kindness, isn’t it? All about friendship, right?” Discord chuckled. He then snapped his fingers, both of them vanished.

The ponies who suffered critical injuries in the emergency room started to sweat profusely for several minutes before each of them looked at the pain killers bottles. To their horror, the instructions said, “Taken only if you’re willing to go out with a bang! Hahahahaha!”. At that moment, the entire hospital exploded, killing all the treated victims therein. Debris and ashes were flying everywhere.

“Ahhhh, this...this brings back memories!” The Joker said, looking at the fiery scene in front of him. He wiped a tear off from his eye.