• Published 10th Feb 2020
  • 584 Views, 5 Comments

Star Toons: Stories Across the Stars - Turbo the Brony



A Spoof/Parody Saga in the Making, a crossover story based off and inspired by the STAR WARS franchise!

  • ...
 5
 584

Prologue: Sparks of Hope and Fear

A long, long, long, long, long, long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far, far, far, far, far, far away....

Star Toons

Episode A113

Stories across the Stars

In the time of prosperity when the universe was at peace… disaster soon struck as an uprising by the sinister DARK ORDER, spread their rule across the galaxy.

Ruled by the ALMIGHTY TALLEST, and their syndicate of wicked allies, the balance of the force begins slowly tipping to the Dark Side.

Just when all seems lost, hope alights across the star systems, as several young heroes are about to take part in a journey that will change their lives forever….


Somewhere not far above from the planet Jakku

When one would look up to the stars, all would seem peaceful and serene, a nearby clear white moon seemingly at peace.

But the peace does not last for very long.

Soon a mysterious vessel appears flying over and eclipsing the view of the moon as it passes through, soon making it impossible for any on the planet’s surface to see.

Then, four small transport ships emerge from the hangers, as they journey down to the planet below.

Inside one of the vessels, 20 identical individuals were standing in position.

Each of them wore the same sort of stark white armor, almost skeletal, with flexibility on the joint design. The helmets had a betaplast finish.

They were the platoon of Stormtroopers, whose purpose was to serve and fight for the Dark Order Empire, as they, along with the other platoons in the others ships, journeyed down for what could be a fight awaiting them.

As the ship roared down to the planet’s surface, the ship jolted a little as it went through the atmosphere, the lights flickering on and off rapidly.

“Troops, blasters at the ready!” a voice spoke out via speaker, the Stormtroopers doing as they were told, prepping the very weapons they were carrying, the lights flickering as they did.

“Orders are simple,” spoke the announcer, “Attack any who stand in your way, show no mercy. Bring forth prisoners if ordered. Let no and- hey, WILL SOMEONE STOP FLICKING THOSE LIGHTS?!”

The last part revealed that the flickering came from a Stormtrooper fiddling with the light switch, as another trooper next to him, hearing the last statement, smacked him on the head to quit fooling around, while the other few groaned in annoyance of that embarrassing act, with the Stormtrooper having stopped fiddling with the light switch.


On the surface of the Planet Jakku, lies one of the several villages that reside on the planet, as many of the inhabitants have been in rough times during the reign of the Dark Order.

Luckily, there were those who put the residence ahead of their own, helping them with humanitarian relief aid, alongside the other star systems.

Today, though, during this evening relief, danger looms as the Dark Order Troops that are on their way from the spaceship orbiting the planet approaches, while a small spark of hope is about to come to light, which could hold the key to saving the universe from tyranny.

As the vessels slowly breach the atmosphere, down by the village, rolling up to look at the night sky, was a small, green and purple droid, which had a spherical body with a domed head.

This type of droid was a BB unit, part of the Astromech droids of the 2nd class of droids, known to help out on repairs and damage control, especially on spaceships and vessels.

The small BB unit looked up to the sky, then beeped in worry as it saw the incoming vessels, then it turned and rolled back into the village in a hurry.

The little droid hurried down the sandy paths, passing through the huts, almost like it was looking for something… or someone, until finally, it spotted her.

A beautiful, 21-year old young woman, with beautiful blue eyes and lovely, long blond, waist-length hair that was left down with a single long braid and long bangs swept to the left, and a leather band that went across her forehead, and was wearing a completely blue X-Wing fighter jumpsuit, which featured a matching colour skirt, with black shoulder pads, very blackish blue-green gloves and boots and a grey vest.

She was currently waiting outside a large hut, when she heard the BB unit bleep out to her, catching her attention.

“BB-7!” she said as she came up to the little droid that arrived to see her, “What is it, buddy?”

“What’s wrong, Astrid?” another voice, a male, got Astrid and BB-7’s attention as a lean, older teenager, with black hair (which looked like a mullet), with uneven-cut bangs that seemed to sweep to the left side of his face, length averaging just under his blue-grey eyes, but framing his face slightly longer and curled at his cheekbones, while the rest of his hair reached the back of his neck, flaring out in curved strands that sat on the top of his coat collar. On the right side of his face showed a scar.

He wore a dark blue-grey t-shirt with a brownish red jacket, on the top left chest of the jacket, showed in a white box was an equally white star, with seven small, black lines underneath it, showing that the star was going upwards, and wore black pants that his shirt overlapped, with white boots with black and red accents and had fingerless black gloves.

BB-7 bleeped in panic, as Astrid, seemingly understanding what it said, looked to the young man as she replied, “Keith, we’ve got a bit of trouble.”


“Let us hope that this will make things right.” a young, humanoid woman said, as she was given a small box that no doubt contained something valuable and important.

The woman was a humanoid being known as an Altean, who had brown skin and long, curly silver hair that was long enough to reach her hips, the long bangs pulled back out of her face, revealing her gold circlet with a teal embellishment in the center. Her ears were pointed to the top rather than round, and had small, sickle-shaped marks of pink situated on her cheekbones, right under each of her bright blue eyes.

She wore an all white royal gown, with gold bracelets on each wrist and a blue cape lined with gold that snugly wrapped around her shoulders and flowed behind her back, reaching her calves in a split, winged design, with the inside of the cape pink and lined with white. While underneath her white dress, she wore white boots with gold ankles and soles.

“It will, Princess Allura,” the man that offered Allura the box said, who wore a greyish brown cloak, hair white as snow, “you and I have travelled for so long and we’ve seen way too much grief and despair in the galaxy, too much that can’t be ignored.”

Allura nodded in agreement, “The Force has been tipped to the Dark Side for so long, no balance without the Jedi. Without hope. But with this, we may have a chance. And we’ll never give up until the war is over.”

The elder chuckled, “You very well sound like your father every time I see you.”

“Indeed, he was a noble warrior… and someone who was such a good father…” Allura said, letting out a sad sigh on the last part.

She remembered her father, King Alfor, ruler of the Alteans, who was one of the mighty leaders who stood against the Dark Order, aiding the Rebel Alliances with other races in their mission to stop the empire from spreading their rule, and went on to marry Melenor, becoming and husband and then later a father to Allura.

Even before the Dark Order, Alfor and her race was one of the proud allies in the Old Republic and the Jedi Order, intergalactic knights who swore to protect the universe with their powerful tools, lightsabers, and the powers of the Force, an anonymous energy that binds reality together.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck as during the time when the coup by the Dark Order began to rise, both parents were lost in the field of battle, resulting in Allura to take control of the throne, while she was the new ruler, she felt that she wasn't ready to be a Queen and remained as Princess, with the aid of her royal advisor, Coran, to help guide her, becoming like a second father to her.

The elder placed his hand on Allura’s as he looked to her with a comforting smile, “Your father will be proud of your determination.”

This made Allura feel a little better.

“We can’t thank you enough, Vero.” Coran, who was with the two in the hut, spoke to the elder, Vero. Coran was the advisor and father figure to Allura, who was an Altean with pale skin, short orange hair slicked back and flared out at the base of his neck and a distinctively bushy orange mustache, like Allura, he had pointy ears and sickle-shaped blue Altean marks on his cheekbones.

“With this bit of info, we may finally have a chance of stopping this war.” he continued, “We finally have a bit of hope.”

Allura and Vero nodded in agreement, until suddenly they all heard Keith’s voice from outside, “Princess Allura!”

Keith soon entered the hut via the rugged door, BB-7 following him, bleeping like crazy, and Astrid sticking out her head a bit as the three looked to the trouble souls.

“What is it, Keith?” Allura asked.

Keith looked to her with a serious look as he replied, “We’ve got company.”


Upon exiting the hut, Keith got out a pair of quadnoculars to get a good look, then gave them to Allura to see for herself.

Through the quadnoculars, she could see in the sky the four spaceships that were on their way towards the village, realizing that the Dark Order were coming, she put down the quadnoculars and looked to Vero as she said, “You have to hide.”

Vero looked back to her as he said, “You have to leave.”

Allura looked worried as he added, “Go! Get back to the ship, we’ll try and hold off as long as we can!”

Allura sadly nodded, knowing with sadness and fear that Vero would not survive, and gave the elder a small, quick hug as a sign of gratitude.

“I’ll stay behind help Vero.” Keith spoke up, getting the group’s attention on hearing this.

“Keith, you can’t!” said Coran, “You must help in protecting the Princess! You’ll be killed if you stay!”

“Look, I know I’m not good at following orders,” Keith stated, “it’s true that I push others away to avoid hurting, but I want to do what’s right and help. And right now, I have to make sure that we win this war, that hope gets through to everyone… even if I have to get reckless to do this… even if I have to take the
blast for Allura.”

Allura was stunned by what Keith said, who was currently waiting for what she say… only for her to wrap herself around him in a hug as she said, “Be safe, Keith.”

Keith was stunned, but returned the hug, once they were apart, Allura then said, “May the Force be with you.”

Keith nodded as he replied, “You too.”

“Good luck, Keith.” Astrid said, wishing him luck, before turning to the royal Altean, “Princess Allura, we have to go!”

“Right!” Allura said.

“Lead on, Miss Hofferson.” Coran added, as they began to head off.

“Come on, BB-7!” Keith heard Astrid call the little droid, as it followed after them.

Keith turned to Vero as he said, “Better get ready, things may get messy.”


Meanwhile, Allura’s group rushed through the village, the villagers taking up arms to defend their homes and their allies.

Not far from the village, stood Allura’s vessel, a CR90 corvette, known as Blaytz V, named after one of Alfor’s old allies during the old reign of peace and during the first years of the Clone Wars.

Around it were several X-Wing starfighters (Keith’s was parked nearby in the village in case of trouble), upon arriving to their transports, while Allura, Coran and BB-7 hurried to the corvette, Astrid boarded her X-Wing.

“Everyone, into your fighters!” she cried, the other pilots hearing her orders, “We’ve got trouble coming!”


Back outside the village, the transports landed one by one in a row, as the doors opened up, the Stormtroopers pouring out, blasters at the ready, some of the troops firing at instant.

“Move, move, move!” cried on the unit leader Stormtroopers, as many charged at the villagers, who were fighting back against the invaders.

Blast fires flew left and right, as both sides took several casualties, most of the fighters from either side were injured or killed.

Keith, meanwhile, rushed to his X-Wing, getting inside the starfighter as quick as he could, powering up the ship.

However, the starfighter shook as it slowly started to leave the ground, only to wobble back down, as Keith noticed that one of the engines were hit, as a few Stormtroopers somehow saw him get into the fighter and fired on site.

“Dang it!” Keith cried, as he hurried to activate the drop-down anti-personnel blasters.

In the village, things weren’t looking good, as the villages were getting pinned down, shot and taken prisoner, while Vero watched in horror and despair of the village coming under siege.

Another group of Stormtroopers, also known as Flametroopers, used their flamethrowers to set fire to most of the huts, causing more panic and even killing those who thought were safe inside.

Keith got the drop-down blasters ready and fired back at the Stormtroopers, sending most of them flying (including those that were trying to apprehend him).

But it wouldn’t be enough as soon another blast struck another one of the engines, forcing Keith to abandon the starfighter, grabbed his blaster rifle and headed off to fight them on foot.


Back on the Blaytz V, Allura and the rest of the crew were preparing to make a break for it.

“Prepare for launch! Have shields at the ready! Make sure the escape pods are prepared in case they catch up to us!” Coran gave out the orders as the troops and pilots understood what he said.

“Astrid! Are you and the others ready to take off?” He contacted Astrid.

“Copy that, Coran.” Astrid replied, “We prepped and ready to go!”

“Good,” Allura spoke, “as soon as we take off, we must jump to hyperdrive as soon as possible!”

“Your highness,” said one of the pilots, “we’re ready to launch your mark.”

Allura let out a sigh, knowing that they had one chance, it felt like a rush, but they had to make it count.

She then looked to the pilot and spoke, “Take off at once.”


Back in the village, Keith had managed to fight back the coming Stormtroopers, though allies were falling fast.

‘Hope you’re able to get out of here, Princess.’ he thought as he continued firing blast after blast.

Meanwhile, during the battle, a group of Stormtroopers were taken down by a strong blast, sending them flying.

One of them landed nearby another Stormtrooper, who instantly rushed by to help, however, he looked as he saw that the fallen soldier was bleeding badly, and most of his black suit of his uniform was torn and bloody.

The fallen warrior looks to the Stormtrooper, placing his blood soaked hand on the trooper’s helmet, marking it with stained blood, before dying right in front of the Stormtrooper’s eyes.

It wasn’t until an instant, the Stormtrooper suddenly felt cold… with fear… as all around him hell was thrust everywhere, no matter where he turned, he was overwhelmed by the war, the fighting and dying, as Stormtroopers took away lifes, captured family and burned homes to the ground while screams filled the air, but to him, it felt like the sounds became blurry at what was happening.

Soon, following the fight, another ship, an imposing shuttle craft, arrived, landing by the four transports, and as the doors opened, several dark figures appeared from the craft.

One was a black hedgehog with red stripes on his quills, four of them curved upwards while two of them were downwards, with a white tuft of fur on his chest, wearing a blackish grey cape, a black neck gaiter which seemingly had a voice distortion device which covered his muzzle, white gloves with black and red-tongued cuffs and gold rings, and had on air shoes.

The 2nd figure was all in amour from head to toe, looking like a creature known as a Galra, but all in metal, the face being angular and square, with pointed ears, elongated lower lobes, and a matching metal headpieace that covered anything on the front of the scalp, extending down from the flat metal nose and framing the lengths of his jaws and chin, but showing his metal face exposed, the face having no mouth, but with glowing violet eyes.

The black grey amour that covered his black space suit had a dark style, and on his cuirass, the armor had four glowing violet lines curving downward towards the center and upwards towards his shoulders, with a black cape clasped at his shoulders that were long enough to reach his calves with blue lining inside.

The 3rd figure looked like a slender catgirl carrying a blaster rifle, who had angular features including a pointed chin, straight nose and slanted almond-shaped, heterochromatic eyes, in the shades of pale yellow (left eye) and turquoise (right eye), along with three freckles on her cheeks, soft curving dark eyebrows and a thin fiendish smile with fanged teeth.

Due to her feline display, she is shown as a young woman with sharp claws on both hands and toes, small fangs, large, black, catlike ears and horizontal markings on her arms and three on her back that resembled a tabby cat’s stripes, as well as sporting wild, slicked back, spiked, grayish-brown hair, held back behind a cat-inspired reddish brown headpiece.

The uniform she wore was a reddish leotard, with a garment that covers her collar and right arm, with her left arm bare. It had a red diamond on the right shoulder, and she also wore a black fingerless glove that reaches midway of her forearm. On her waist, she had a sort of burgundy leggings and a black belt, with some sort of blackleg sleeve which runs from her feet to about halfway up her thighs. Her right shoulder, chest and legs were protected by armor coated in chromium, with a black and red cape that was clasped to her shoulders that went down to her calves. She was also barefooted, not wearing any boots at all.

As the three figures left the shuttle, the Stormtroopers had gathered the remaining villagers, as they formed a line surrounding them by the order of the unit leaders (the blood-stained Stormtrooper joined in too, but still feeling overwhelmed) while Vero was brought to the three new intruders.

Keith, unnoticed by the Stormtroopers for the moment, hid as he watched what was happening to the elder, all while hopefully get a good shot on the newcomers, with a good chance to help finish the fight.

Vero stood there, as the new arrivals approached him, until finally one of them, the Hedgehog, spoke.

“Elder Vero.” he said, while the voice sounded distorted, his original, gruff voice could still be heard.

“Shadow.” Vero replied, “It is good to see you.”

“You know what we’ve come for.” Shadow said.

“I know where you come from,” Vero stated, “before you were blinded by the Dark Side.”

“The Imperial data that was stolen and the Holocron, we know you have them.” Shadow explained, “And now you are going to give them to the Dark Order.”

“So you may destroy one of the very things that can bring back the Jedi Order that once helped bring peace to the galaxy?” Vero asked, knowing what they would do, with a tone that showed signs of refusal.

The catgirl let out a sigh as she stepped in, looking to Shadow, “Let me handle this, okay?”

“Listen, old timer,” she said to Vero, “here’s how we’re gonna do this, you can either give us what you got, and we’ll leave you well alone.”

Vero stood his ground, “We will never betray those who once protected us. The Dark Order rose from the Dark Side of the Force.”

The armoured figure then came up to Vero, pulling out his lightsaber, as it released a red beam of light as he said, “Then we shall show you the Dark Side.”

The armoured menace then raised his lightsaber, ready to strike Vero down, while Keith prepared to take aim with his blaster rifle, until everyone and the whole village heard the small booming sound of rocket engines.

The members of the Dark Order, Vero and Keith looked up as saw Allura’s ship, along with the X-Wings escaping upwards, almost leaving the planet’s atmosphere.

“Uh, was that what I think that was?” the catgirl asked.

“The very items that you seek, Captain Catra?” Vero counterasked the feline, Catra, as he continued, “They are now as we speak safe from enemy hands, knowing that they will have the power to bring hope back to the universe, let fear that you bring with you cloud our very future.”

Shadow, having still looked up to the sky, seeing the ships leave the planet, heard every word, still having that stoick look, before saying, “Pity that there is no future… for you.”

At an instant, he activated his red lightsaber, designed as a crossguard lightsaber, then struck down on Vero at the chest, killing him where he stood.

Keith witness what happened, angered, he immediately stepped out of hiding, fired his blaster, only for Shadow to quickly raise his hand, using the force to freeze Keith, and the blast fire, in their tracks.

With him frozen, two Stormtroopers were able to apprehend him, leaving the blast beam still completely frozen in place, as one Stormtrooper looked in awe that was possible… before touching the beam without thinking, causing a shock current that sent him flying and crash into several crates.

“I’m okay.” he calls out, groudily.

Keith, meanwhile, was brought to the three in charge, as metal brute looked down upon him.

“Well, well,” Catra said with a smirk, “looks like one stayed behind to fight. He even almost took you out, Shadow.”

“It is time we show him what happens to those who try to snuff us.” the armored figure said, bringing out his lightsaber, ready to strike.

“Darth Zarkon, stand down,” Shadow said to Zarkon, as he then pulled down the gaiter, revealing his muzzle, “this one could be of use to us. If he was part of the rebels, then the ones that just left will no doubt be part of the rebellion too, and he can tell us who exactly he’s with.”

Zarkon paused for a moment, then looked to Keith, glaring at him with anger of Vero’s death, while determined that, upon hearing what Shadow said, he will never rat out the rebels.

Zarkon then put away his lightsaber and said, “As you wish.”

“Take him aboard,” Shadow ordered the Stormtroopers who caught Keith, “he will be interrogated upon return to the ship.”

The Stormtroopers nodded in understanding, before taking the struggling Keith by the transport, while Shadow used the force once more, sending the blast beam in a different direction, towards Keith’s X-Wing, where it exploded upon hitting the engine.

“And the villagers?” Captain Catra asked.

Zarkon simply started to walk back to the ship, before looking back to the feline as he said two words, “Kill them.”

Catra understood and then turned to the Stormtroopers who were surrounding the scared villagers who were frightened by what was happening.

“On my command! Take aim!” she said, raising her hand in preparation, as the troopers all brought their blasters to the villagers, before long, Catra brought her hand down as she yelled out, “FIRE!”

Screams of the villagers were heard as the Stormtroopers fired their blasters… all except one, whose helmet was still stained with blood, lowered his weapon in horror and sadness, seeing the horrific outcome of the prisoners until the execution was done.

As Shadow followed Zarkon and Catra back to the transport, he suddenly sensed something, then looked back to the blood-stained trooper, who looked back at him, worry shown behind the helmet, until Shadow turned back and headed for the transport.


Upon return to the battlecruiser, a Resurgent-class Star Destroyer known as the Finalizer, the passengers of both the vessels and the transport exited their respective modes of transportations.

Keith, shackled, was taken for interrogation by two Stormtroopers escorting him, nudging their blasters hard at his back repeatedly.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m going.” the prisoner said in annoyance.

The blood-stained Stormtrooper, meanwhile, continued on his way in a different direction, before coming down a nearby hallway, and then put down his blaster and immediately took off his helmet, revealing the face of a panting, overwhelmed young man.

He had curly, orange-brown hair, styled as a sort of mohawk and wore tunnels in his stretched earlobes.

The Stormtrooper seemed very distressed after what happened, sweat drops trekking down his face.

He looked back a little to Keith departing with the other troopers, and began to think of doing something...

“LRS-0504!” Catra’s voice caught the trooper’s attention by surprise, “You are to submit your blaster for inspection.”

“Yes, ma’am.” LRS-0504 said, knowing he was in trouble.

As she was about to leave, Catra turned to the nervous trooper as she said with narrow eyes, “And, may I ask, who gave you permission to remove your helmet?”

“Sorry, ma’am.” the trooper sighed.

As Catra left, she said as she passed by him, “Report to my division at once.”

Shattered, after she left, LRS-0504 put his helmet back on, the events of what happened still in his mind.

Author's Note:

And so begins the ultimate spoof/parody of the greatest space opera saga! Stay tuned as we’ll be introduced to the rest of the heroes and villains, as most of them will play big parts of the story, before coming together over time!

A small Easter Egg of the numbers of LRS-0504’s name, it is basically a reference to Season 5 Episode 4 of the Original Steven Universe TV series, titled Lar’s Head, which Lars was resurrected after given a change of heart.

Stay tuned for more to come, until next time, True Believers, Excelsior!