• Published 28th Jan 2020
  • 1,267 Views, 20 Comments

I Will Be Her Guard - ThatWritingDragon



Instead of being Princess Celestia's Student, Twilight Sparkle strives to be The Personal Guard of Princess Celestia's Student. Featuring: Royal Romance, drama! And it all centers around poor Guard! Twilight.

  • ...
7
 20
 1,267

4- Station

Twilight looked around and she realized, Ponyville is...

Calm. Very... Calm

She smiled, maybe being stationed here is not such a bad thing in the first place. After all, what's the worst thing that could happen in a town like Ponyville? with that thought in mind, Twilight grabbed her bag and trotted towards the large tree visible even in the outskirts, hoping that it was the Golden Oaks Library and not some random house she just walked up too.

Twilight in the cliche 'introduction of another character way' crashed into somepony, most people think it would be pink but nope! it was a white-coated unicorn with purple curls for a mane and the most...

Twilight couldn't help but gape, looking onto those gorgeous sky eyes, like it was teaching her to fly. What was she doing? Twilight snapped out of it, No! Twilight couldn't just betray Sunset like this, she wouldn't waste years of devotion for some mare that she bumped into. Twilight didn't notice her forelegs wrapping around hers, protectively cradling the mare as years of Guard training kicked in, didn't notice the blood rushing to her face as their muzzles were mere centimetres away but noticing those eyes, glittering like diamonds recently found.

Twilight backed off, helping the mare to her hooves. blush still on as she tried to realize what she just did and panicked because this sure was a great first impression, so with a laugh Twilight tried to salvage the situation and maybe get to know somepony in town and try to explain herself. Twilight saw the sun behind the unicorn and realized she was late for her report, with a panicked 'Goodbye and im sorry for the inconvenience!' she dashed away her cutie mark glowing a light purple, hoping Princess Celestia won't revoke her submission of her trial round due to a simple delay.

Leaving behind a blushing fashionista realizing that her heart needed to be kept on a leash because it seemed to want to beat out of her chest and towards the mysterious pony after that encounter.

Shaking her head, the lone unicorn trotted on her way. a giddy smile on her face as her thoughts began to centre around the mysterious pony, a muscular one at that if what her hooves felt was true. She wondered if they would meet again and with the saddlebags around the purple unicorn, she already knew her answer.

'I wonder if they would look good with a bowtie?' she thought to herself, her mind filled with inspiration.


Twilight let out a sigh of relief when she saw her report disappear in wisps of smoke as it weaved its way to Canterlot. Checking the time once more, she knew that it was time for an early dinner and maybe clean up the old and slightly rickety library, Twilight brought out another piece of parchment, trying to see if she should send a letter to Sunset but thoughts of another unicorn appeared on his mind.

Right... the Sky blue-eyed Unicorn, Twilight's lips curled slightly in distaste. The way she dealt with the situation was unfit for a guard of her station and way out of protocol, perhaps they can meet again and she could apologize for such disrespectful behaviour? That is if the unicorn wanted to be near her in the first place.

Great thinking, Twilight Sparkle! you gave a bad first impression to one of the Locals and word will go out on how your such a disrespectful pony who assault ponies and it'll get back to Sunset; who will stop being your friend because you're a bully and Princess Celestia will kick her out of the Royal Guard and she would disgrace her family, Shining would not be able to get the Captain position he always wanted and everypony would-

("Twilight! relax, come on follow me")

("Breath... In and out")

In and out.

("In and out")

In and out.

("In and out")

In and out.

("That's great Twilight! see just think of the pros!")

Okay- Okay! think of the pros Twilight! If you meet the Unicorn again... you can apologize! get on her good side and in turn have a friend! A friend. Twilight frowned at the thought of a friend, her mind then drifted back to Sunset. Sunset wouldn't mind if she had another friend right?

Yeah... Twilight's sure Sunset would like it if she were to hang out with somepony else other than her.

Right?


Twilight finally finished fixing the library. Dust, Mold and others were carefully disposed and with some repairing magic, made the library in working condition once again. She looked at herself and realized that she was covered with some ink stains due to her having to rewrite some faded texts, time to take a shower she guessed to herself.

Just as she was about to go and take said shower, a scroll bursted in front of her. Twilight flinched in shock but stopped when she realized it was just a simple scroll, she grabbed it with her magic and briefly read it and she couldn't stop the smile growing on her face when she saw Cadence's familiar writing.

My Dearest, Twilight

The lips of Twilight tugged higher in amusement, Cadence always liked to write as if she was in an old era love story. Twilight rose a brow at the way she wrote the opening. She noticed the comma in the middle of the phrase, it changed the meaning. Did she intend this? one stroke and Twilight is now going to contemplate about this for a while. For a moment, her mind strayed into the forbidden corner, the one line she wouldn't dare cross.

She snorted after a moment, like that would work. Last she heard was that Cadence already had a consort in the making, the happiness she felt quickly soured at that information. Twilight furrowed her brow at what she was feeling, she should be happy! So why does she feel... something, Twilight gritted her teeth in annoyance at what she was feeling.

Today has been a mess of emotions and she hated it, to be a guard you must control your feelings! even romantic ones.

Twilight looked out the window and onto the setting sun, her eyes turned back to the floor when it reminded her of Sunset and somepony else. The letter in her magic crumpled with her conflicted emotions and she sighed, she dropped the letter onto the table and made her way to the bathroom. A stray thought still lingering in her conflicted and enraged mind as her emotions clashed.



It was something you could've got, this is your choice.

Stay by it.

Do not be unloyal.

But who am i loyal to?

Author's Note:

Can you find the reference!?