• Published 24th Jan 2020
  • 845 Views, 23 Comments

The Golden Falcon - Blueelectric



A lost pegasus filly, raised by falcons.

  • ...
2
 23
 845

Ch.3: The Friendship Quest Begins

Spitfire and Rainbow Dash sat at the base of the mountains wearing saddlebags while waiting for Twilight. The golden pegasus scanned the mountains, hoping to spot Falcon among the ridges.

She hope that she can make Falcon remember her. Spitfire had even brought her picture booklet just in case.

"I hope that egghead hurries up," Rainbow Dash complained. She glanced at Spitfire. "Twilight was talking about a legend. Do you know which one it is?" Spitfire wasn't paying attention as she spotted two figures in the sky.

One was pony shape while the other was a smaller falcon.

Rainbow raised an eyebrow and followed her captain's gaze. She gasped. "Is that her?" She squinted at the figures. "She got a falcon with her." The falcon suddenly dropped something. "Did it just dropped an apple?" Rainbow questioned.

"I'm here." Announced another voice. Both pegasus turn to find Twilight landed beside them. "What did I miss?" She got out three binoculars and passed the other two to them. All three of them look up through them.

Spitfire can see Falcon clearly now with the help of the binoculars. They watched as the golden and white Pegasus folded her wings and dived after the apple.

Falcon slowly open her wings and caught the apple in mid air with stunning speed. "Whoa! That's even faster than me doing a sonic rainboom." Exclaimed Rainbow lowering her binoculars in shock. Spitfire nodded in agreement.

She watched as Falcon did a quick barrel roll and flipped herself around as she made her way towards the mountain with the falcon in tow.

The falcon paused and look towards their direction. It screeched, getting Falcon's attention. The pegasus paused and slowly made her way back at him. She followed it's gaze as her mouth opened with shock.

"She understands that falcon?" Asked Rainbow. Twilight nodded her head. "It seems so. Let's fly up and meet her." She took back the binoculars and put them back in her saddlebag. They took off and flew where the Pegasus was waiting. They hovered in front of her.

Princess Twilight spoke first. "My name is Twilight Sparkle and this is my friend Rainbow Dash." She pointed at the rainbow mane pegasus. "And I see that you already met Spitfire." Falcon nodded her head.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Falcon Heart and the falcon here, is Stormy." She gestured towards a mountain with a cave near the ledge. "Let's talk in that cave. I live in there."

They nodded their heads and made their way towards the mountain. Falcon held back and flew next to Spitfire. "I'm sorry that I flew off like that yesterday without a explanation." She said softly. Spitfire glanced at her. She still can't believe her first friend is still alive.

Falcon had grown to be even more beautiful than before. Her pale golden mane had grown long and windswept and in the sun her golden patches made her gleam.

Spitfire smiled at her. "Don't be. I know you were just a young filly when we first met. I'm still surprised myself how good I remembered all of it." She dug through her bag and took out her booklet.

She gave it to her. Falcon took it with curiosity. "What's this?" She asked as she opened it. "It's a book of pictures from my fillyhood. It has you in it." With a raised eyebrow, Falcon flipped through the pages. Her eyes went wide when she she found the page with them in it.

Falcon eyes water when she glanced at Spitfire. "Were we close?" Spitfire nodded. "Very. When I thought you were dead, I haven't left my room since. I missed you, Falcon.

So much that I swear on my life to never forget you." They landed on the ledge of the mountain.

Falcon gave the book back to her as she wiped her eyes. She turned to Twilight, Rainbow, and Stormy who was waiting for them. Rainbow walked up to her.

"You flew very fast! I know I'm a fast flyer myself, but even i can't compete to what I saw." The golden and white Pegasus blushed. "Thanks. But that's not all what I can do."

Twilight was writing some thing down on a piece of paper with her magic. "What else can you do.?" Falcon was eyeing her magic with interest.

"I can see things very far away and I can communicate with falcons." She cocked her head. "How can you do that?"

"It's a simple levitation spell. Every unicorn learns it when they are very young." Twilight explained. "Your a unicorn? But why do you have wings." She asked as she took a hold of one of them to examine it.

The Alicorn pulled it from her grasp. "I'm an alicorn. I'm actually all three races at once. There only five of us, one who's a baby. We are known as royalty."

Spitfire find her curiosity adorable. "But enough about me." The purple alicorn added. "Can you tell me what you can see from this ledge?" Falcon nodded as she walked towards the edge as the others followed behind. Falcon sat down as she scan the meadows below and beyond.

"I see a bee hovering patch of flowers. Near that, I saw a rabbit family near some burrows. I also saw a bear with some cubs near a patch of berries, which reminds me to collect some later. I'm getting tired of apples." Twilight nodded as she jolt something down.

"The sun is going down already?" Falcon got up as the falcon hopped on her back. She turn to the rest. "Why don't we go inside? We can finish tomorrow." They nodded as she followed her inside.

"You can understand falcons, right?" Rainbow Dash asked as she gazed at the falcon on her back. Falcon paused at the entrance of the cave and nodded back at her.

"Then tell me, why the one on your back is googling me like a love sick puppy?" Spitfire and Twilight saw what she meant.

They both were trying to hold in their laughter. "He had a crush on you ever since we watch you guys yesterday. I told him find a female falcon but he told me you were prettier." Rainbow Dash's face went red.

"I'm not pretty. I'm awesome." She glared at Stormy. "Listen buddy, I am way out of your lead."

It was too much as Spitfire and Twilight burst out laughing. Spitfire had collapsed on the ledge still laughing. "I guess Spike isn't the only one attracted to a different species!" Twilight breathed wiping the tear from her eye.

Rainbow Dash scowled at them. "I'm not attracted to no bird!" Stormy took this opportunity to fly onto the cyan mare's back. She turn her glare back at him. "Get off me!"

Falcon Heart giggled with her hoof covering her mouth. "Cut that out, Stormy." He flew back on her shoulder. They walked into the cave recovering from their laughter.

All three of them look around the cave as they enter. On one side was a small pool and on the other, a large bird nest. The nest itself was weaved in sturdy branches.

It was filled with straw and feathers. Falcon had sat herself in it. Spitfire look at her friend with pity.

Twilight spoke first. "Falcon, I was thinking about something. How about you come back to Ponyville with us?" The golden and white Pegasus was quiet for a moment. "Plus, it will be good opportunity to be reintroduce to your own kind." The alicorn added.

Falcon sighed as she laid herself into the nest. "I don't know. I lived in these mountains most of my life and I can't leave Stormy." She gazed at the falcon beside her. "He can come with you." Twilight insisted.

She sighed again. "Let me think about it. I'll tell you about it in the morning. All three of you can spend the night if you want." They nodded and curled up by the pool. Spitfire watched her drift asleep. Eventually,she fell asleep as well.

Spitfire woke up at the sound of footsteps. She lifted her head to find Falcon walking out of the cave with Stormy following behind.

Curious, she slowly got up and followed them. "What! I can't leave you." She heard Falcon argued as she poke her head out. Stormy was hovering near her face as Falcon look at him with panic. Her sky blue eyes starts to water.

"But you are my family. The only one since Cliff and Swoop died." Stormy screeched back at her.

Falcon start to sob, tears falling from her face. "I don't know any pony. My home is here, with you." The falcon start to screech softly. The golden and white mare finally nodded.

"I understand. But I'll miss you, your the best brother anypony could have had." Brother?! Spitfire thought with shock.

She took out her forehoof and Stormy landed on it. She tearfully nuzzled the falcon's cheek. He flew back inside, not noticing the golden pegasus watching. She look back at the bird who settle back into the nest.

Spitfire gazed back at Falcon, who had sat down with her head bowed. Spitfire felt her heart break. The filly she knew back then use to be the happiest thing in Equestria. She hate to see her like this. She slowly crept towards the crying mare.

Falcon's ears pricked and turned her head towards the approaching mare. "Spitfire? What are you doing up?" The mare in questioned walked up and sat down beside her.

"I woke up to the sound of footsteps and followed you." She answered. "Who was Cliff and Swoop?"

"They were the falcons who raised me and were Stormy's parents." She began as more tears fell from her face. "Cliff found me and took me to the rest of his family. Stormy was a hatchling at the time. He was the one who gave me these abilities and told me of a legend about it. They both died last year."

Without thinking, Spitfire wrapped her wing comfortly around her. She started to panic when she noticed what she had done. But Falcon didn't flinched and buried her face into her shoulder as she started to sob again.

Spitfire soften and wrapped her forlegs around the weeping mare. She lowered her head and nuzzled her. "I'm sorry for your lost." She soothed. Falcon look up into her eyes. "Did my real parents made it home? And did they forget about me?"

Spitfire sighed as she know the truth. "They did made it home. And they would never forget about you. They loved you too much for that." She looked away for a moment with tears in her eyes.

She blinked them away as she gazed into her eyes. "What was that earlier with Stormy?" She softly asked changing the subject.

"He told me I have to leave with you and to be with my own kind. And he's not coming with me, saying his place is in the mountains." She said sorrowfully. Spitfire smiled softly at her. "You can still come back and visit."

Falcon suddenly smiled and nodded. "Hey, your right. I'll come back with you. And maybe I can find my parents too." She said as she slowly drift off to sleep in Spitfire's grasp. Spitfire sadly gazed at the sleeping mare. If only you knew, Falcon.

She gently lowered her to the ground and laid down next her. She curled up around her and kissed her on the forehead. "It's good to have you back, Falcon." She whispered. She laid her chin on her shoulder and went to sleep.

Author's Note:

If you guys want to make fanart of Falcon Heart, here's the details:
* She is a white pegasus with golden patches.
*Her mane is a paler golden color and it's long and windswept.
*Her feathers have patterns like what you find on falcons, but golden and white.
*Her eyes are sky blue.
*Extra detail: she has a golden patch on the bridge of her nose in the shape of a diamond.

When you do made the fanart, be sure to credit me and don't let art thieves steal it.