• Published 24th Jan 2020
  • 840 Views, 23 Comments

The Golden Falcon - Blueelectric



A lost pegasus filly, raised by falcons.

  • ...
2
 23
 840

Ch.2: Spitfire's Long Lost First Friend

Spitfire stood were she was, as she was gazing off into the direction the golden and white pegasus went. Never once in her life, she would see her first friend alive.

When she was just a five year old filly back in Cloudsdale, her mother invited her best friend, Snowy Owl to bring her daughter over to play with Spitfire.

When Spitfire had meet her the first time, she thought she was the most prettiest thing in the world. Falcon Heart was a little shy at first, but quickly warm up to the fiery filly.

For months, they had gotten close to each other. But then she went missing, along with her parents. They left to watch a birds of prey show and a stray storm had headed towards their direction.

The authorities tried to find them alive. Unfortunately, they had found both of them dead in a middle of a field with little Falcon Heart nowhere to be seen.

They've looked everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found. They assumed that she was dead as well. When her mother found out, she was devastated. She eventually break the news to Spitfire. She had laid in her bed that night crying her eyes out.

Spitfire had then grown up, telling herself that she would never forget her. Her mother was still surprised that she did remembered. She even kept a little booklet full of pictures.

But she had never expected her to be still alive.

She never had expected her to show up out of the blue, fully grown at the Wonderbolts HQ.

And she never had expected her to not remember her. Spitfire knew the mare has been missing in forever and would likely to forget about her. But she was in shock, she couldn't even think.

"Spitfire, I'm ready for duty, mam!" Shouted a voice behind her. She jumped, as she was jolt out of her train of thoughts.

She turned around spotted Newbie Dash, fully dressed in Wonderbolt material. Rainbow Dash looked at her face in concern. "Are you alright?"

Spitfire glace back and forth at the direction her first friend went and then at Rainbow Dash. Suddenly, she felt her flank vibrating. She look at it and noticed her cutie mark glowing and flashing outwards.

She look at Rainbow Dash who look at her in shock.

"The Map is calling you?" She gazed at her own flank. "It's calling me too. I can't see it, but I can feel it." Spitfire gave her a confused look. "What does it mean?"

"It means that the Map is summoning us for a friendship problem," she explained. "It usually summons me or my friends. It only summoned Starlight Glimmer once, for now." Rainbow shrugged. "I have no idea why it's summoning you."

"But I have duties as a Wonderbolt captain!" She protested.

"There's no way I'll be able to do this." Rainbow Dash pat her on the back. "Just put Soarin in charge until we get back. We have to do this." Spitfire sighed. "You go tell him and undress. I need to get something from my office."

Rainbow nodded in affirmation and flew off to the rest. Spitfire flew towards the direction of her office. She rushed in and rummage through the drawer of her desk.

She gasped in relief when she saw what she been looking for: A small old booklet.

She put it in the pocket of her jacket. She took off her whistle and shades and laid them on the desk. She turned off the light and locked the door.

She head out the building to find Rainbow Dash, out of her uniform, waiting for her. Spitfire see that her cutie mark was glowing too.

They both took off into the air. She glanced at Rainbow Dash beside her. "Where is this map?" The other mare took the lead and led them towards the direction of Ponyville. "At Twilight's castle."

The town was in view, along with the infamous building. "She lives in that thing? That's the ugliest building I ever come across with." Rainbow chuckled.

"I was thinking the same thing too. It remind me of that one griffin in Griffonstone who gave me a gesture with his talon. My friend Gilda said it wasn't a nice gesture." She shook her head. "Just don't tell Twilight, though."

They landed in front of the entrance. Spitfire step back as Rainbow knocked on the front door. Spike appeared as the door opened. He look at them with wide eyes. "Come on in, Twilight's waiting for you in the throne room."

Spitfire looked around, surprised how big it is on the inside. Rainbow led her through another set of doors. In the room sat a large crystal table with seven chairs surrounding it. Six of them have cutie marks on them. Princess Twilight was there sitting in the largest.

Spitfire notice her cutie mark was glowing too. The alicorn looked up from the book she was reading. "Great! You're here!" She exclaimed.

She poofed her book away with her magic. She hopped off her chair and walked up to meet them. She turned to Spitfire. "It looks like you're summoned too." She gestured to her flank.

"Where's this map, Princess?" Twilight gestured to the round table. She led them towards the table. On it was the whole map of Equestria.

Twilight pointed at the spot in the Map. Images of their cutie mark circled a mountain range close to the Wonderbolts HQ. "That's where we got to go."

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "But there's no one living in those mountains. Not that I know of anyways." Spitfire wasn't paying attention.

She was staring at the map with her eyes wide. This can't be a coincidence. "But why is the Map sending us there? And what does it have to do with Spitfire?" Twilight questioned.

Spitfire cleared her throat loudly, getting their attention. "What is it, Spitfire?" Twilight asked. "I think I know why it's sending us there," she reached into her pocket and pulled out her booklet and gave it to her. Twilight took it curiously. "What's this?"

"It's a bunch of picture's from when I was a young filly." Rainbow rushed to the purple alicorn's side. "Really?" Spitfire nodded.

She went to Twilight's other side. She grabbed it back and flipped to the page she want. In one page was a picture of filly Spitfire and Falcon Heart.

Falcon was lying on her back with Spitfire on top of her. They both were looking at the camera smiling. She showed it to Twilight.

Rainbow Dash squealed. "You were so cute!" She pointed to the golden and white pegasus filly. "Who's that other filly? I never seen feathers like these before."

"Her name is Falcon Heart." She gazed at the picture fondly. "She was my first friend." Twilight raised her eyebrow. "That's nice and all, but how is that relevant to the map?" Spitfire closed her booklet and pocketed it.

She sighed. "Because she's been lost since fillyhood." She gestured them to the chairs. They sat down to what she had to say.

"Her parents' were named Golden Eagle and Snowy Owl. My mother was best friends with Snowy Owl. She was this beautiful white pegasus with black mane and tail and yellow eyes.

She had the same feathers as Falcon but black and white. Her father, Golden Eagle was a large golden pegasus with Blue eyes. Both of her parents were bird watchers and had such passion for birds of prey."

She paused to look at her companions. Twilight smiled and gestured her to continue.

"One day my mother and her friend decided for us to meet for a play date. I never seen anything more prettier in my entire young life." She smiled at the memory.

"She was just as sweet too. She made everyone smile." She frown as she continued. "But one day, they decided to see a bird of prey show. My mother tried to warn them of a large storm heading in that direction. But they said it would be fine since the show is indoors. They didn't come back."

Rainbow Dash and Twilight gasped in horror.

"A search team was set out to find the family. They search for days until eventually they find the bodies of her parents. Falcon was nowhere to be found. They kept searching but come up with nothing. They all assumed she was dead too and gave up the search."

"But earlier this morning as I left Dash here, to get ready and gave the rest of my team a break, I spotted something moving in the distance. I thought she was this random pony, but as I walk closer I couldn't believe my eyes.

She asked if I knew her, and I told her. But she didn't remember who I was. She apologize and said she wished she does. She flew away with incredible speed."

Her companions listened with tears in their eyes. Twilight wiped her eyes. She paused. "How in Equestria did she survived in those mountains alone? There's nothing but falcons." Her eyes suddenly shot wide. "What was her cutie mark?"

Spitfire gazed her with concern. "A black falcon taking a dive. Why?" Twilight hopped on top of the map staring at the mountains.

"Because I read something about a thousand year old legend." She gazed at Spitfire and Rainbow Dash. "You two go on ahead. I need to get something out of my library. Just wait for me at the base." She trotted towards the door.

She paused and look back at them. "The map may had send us to the mountains but this might be the longest mission yet."