• Published 24th Jan 2020
  • 840 Views, 23 Comments

The Golden Falcon - Blueelectric



A lost pegasus filly, raised by falcons.

  • ...
2
 23
 840

Ch.6: Strange Dangerous Crystals

Falcon Heart was walking through town after she finished helping clearing the clouds. It was her first day on the job and Rainbow Dash told her she did great.

She had blushed at the complement. She did struggled a little, but she soon got the hang of it. And she was tired out.

She and Spitfire had visit Fluttershy the day after the storm, and was surprised to see the many types of animals. She even talk to her resident female falcon, Sheer.

Fluttershy was amazed at her story of being raised by falcons and how she can communicate with them. After that Spitfire went back to the HQ and promised to come back every day to check on her.

Pinkie Pie had thrown her a "Welcome To Ponyville!" party that night and Falcon had a blast, despite never have been to a party before. She played Pin The Tail On The Pony and danced in a conga line.

After the party, Starlight showed her her room in the castle.

Thanks to Pinkie's party, she knows everypony's name in town. "Hey, Falcon!" Greeted a mint green unicorn as she past by. "Hello, Lyra." She greeted back.

Wanting to be alone for a while and rest; she spotted a comfy looking cloud above town. She lifted her wings and fluttered towards it.

She sighed with relief as she laid down on it and watched the town below. Big Macintosh walked by carrying a cart full of apples, while Applejack walk up to greet him.

Falcon look to the right as she heard laughter and saw the CMC's tossing a ball to each other. She spotted the red pizza unicorn talking to a blue unicorn with brown mane and glasses, who's wearing a red vest.

She look up and smiled as she spotted a familiar golden pegasus fly towards her direction. "Spitfire!" She exclaimed as she made room for her friend.

Her heart fluttered as she smiled back and landed beside her. "How's the first day on the job?" Spitfire asked as she hugged her.

Falcon blushed and hugged back. "It was fine. I did struggled a little, but I think a got the hang of it." She giggled. "The others were impressed how fast I was." Spitfire smiled and laid beside her.

"That's good to hear." She leaned her head against Falcon's shoulder, causing the golden and white mare's heart flutter even harder.

What was that? Her body keeps acting up whenever Spitfire was around. Am I allergic to her? She asked in her head. She shook her head. No that was too silly.

Maybe she was catching some illness, but she don't know what it could be.

She caught her breath as she gazed into her friend's beautiful eyes. It was like staring into the sun, without burning her eyes out. Spitfire raised her hoof and stroke her cheek.

"You are so beautiful, Fal" She breathed. Falcon's face turned beet red."Thanks. You're not so bad looking either." She giggled as Spitfire's face is equally red.

Whatever illness Falcon got, it looks like Spitfire got it too. Falcon gazed at her jacket and whistle. "So, what did you do? Did you had a chance to blow that whistle?" Spitfire followed her gaze. "Plenty of times."

"I remember when we was fillys, before you disappeared, I told you I want to be a wonderbolt." Spitfire began with a hint of nostalgia in her voice.

"I asked you do I cut out for it and you told me if I followed my dream, I could." She gazed back into her eyes. "After you went missing, I got my cutie mark and grew up to be a very famous Wonderbolt. I became Captain very fast. But something was missing."

Falcon Heart tilted her head. " What was missing?" She asked.

Spitfire put a hoof on hers. "It was you. You weren't there to share my victories with. I thought you were dead back then. But since the day I found you my life was complete."

She pressed her forehead against her own. "And now that you're alive, I can finally show you what I accomplished. I can't wait to show it to you."

Falcon smiled and nuzzled her cheek. "And I can't wait to see it." She pressed closer to her and watched the town below. "Do you want to try it on?" She heard her friend asked.

She raised her eyebrow and turn to her, making a "hmm?" sound. "My jacket. Do you want to try it on?" She glanced away, blushing. "I want to see how it looks on you." She admitted.

"Sure. If that what you want." Spitfire smiled and sat up to take her jacket off. Falcon sat up as well, with her friend helping her putting it on. It was the perfect fit. "How do I look?" Falcon questioned.

Spitfire squinted at her. "It's missing something.." She gazed down at her whistle, still around her neck. "Oh! I got it!"

She took it off and put it around Falcon. She also ruffled her mane. Falcon shivered as a rush of breeze blew by and blew her mane. Spitfire gaped at her, with her face red. Her golden wings went up with a "pomf" sound. Falcon tilted her head at this.

Spitfire quickly put her wings away and exclaimed with a smile. "You almost look like a Captain. You just need a pair of shades. I left mine at the HQ."

Her smile quickly turn into a smirk with a playful glint in her eyes. "So "Captain" what do you want me to do?" Falcon giggled and smirk back. She found another cloud six feet away.

"Race me to that cloud!" Falcon ordered mockingly. They narrowed eyes to each other and took off.

It didn't take long for Falcon to made it to the cloud first. She found out it was bigger than the one she rest on. "Hey "Captain", that's not fair!" Spitfire mock whined. "I wasn't raised by falcons!"

Falcon puffed up her chest proudly. "I won fair and square. Don't whine at your Captain."

She pounced on her friend and knocked her over. "Or your punishment will be tickles!" She warned, her hoof close to her golden tummy. Spitfire's eyes widened in shock. "You wouldn't.."

"Captain" Falcon smirked. "Try me!" She brushed her hoof against her tummy, earning a little filly like squeak.

Then she full one attack her. The townsfolk look up as they heard loud laughter. "Captain, please! I surrender!" Spitfire begged between laughter. Falcon paused and bat eyelashes at her. "But I was having fun." She pouted. But she released her victim.

"Okay. That's enough Captain Falcon for one day." She took of the jacket and handed back to Spitfire. "I'll get you back one of these days. Just you wait!" Spitfire said as she put her jacket back on. Falcon heard her stomach rumble.

Falcon giggled with amusement. "Is somepony hungry?" She teased.

At the same time, her stomach rumble too. "I should say the same thing about you." Spitfire teased back. "There's this restaurant that makes the best daisy sandwiches. How about we go there?" The golden pegasus suggest.

"Sure. But I can only read a little, thanks to Twilight. Will you help me?" She asked with a blush. Spitfire's face had a look of sincere on it. She grabbed her hoof. "Sure. Anything for you." Falcon smiled gratefully.

They flew to the restaurant and took a seat at one of the mushroom tables. Spitfire ordered a sandwich and with her help Falcon ordered some daisy soup. For drinks they both ordered mint tea.

"So," Spitfire began. "What's it like living with falcons?" Falcon sipped at her tea. "It's okay, once you get use to there eating habits." She explained with a shudder. "But they were so good to me and treat me like one of their own."

She stared at her tea. "But they're not like ponies." She shrugged. "Sure, even though they mate for life, they don't have a concept of friendship like we do. They mostly stick to themselves." She sighed.

"But they were so good to me. I just miss my pony parents." A single tear drop run down her cheek. Spitfire leaned over and wiped it away.

After lunch, they walk together to the edge of town. Spitfire turn around to face Falcon. "Well, this has been fun. I have to head back to headquarters." She look into her eyes with a smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She gave Falcon a hug. Falcon hugged back. "Maybe we can do this again." Spitfire put a hoof on her cheek and smiled.

"Yeah. Definitely." She leaned in and kissed her cheek. They then part ways.

As Falcon walk back to town she heard a familiar voice. "Falcon! There you are!" She look up to find Starlight walking towards her with a gray earth pony slowly following her. Falcon smiled at her unicorn friend . "Oh, hey Starlight!" She trotted up to her.

She turn to the gray mare beside her. "Who's this?" Starlight turn to the gray mare. "This is Maud Pie. She is Pinkie's sister. Maud, meet Falcon Heart." Maud blinked at her. "It's very nice to meet you." She said in a monotone voice.

Falcon stared at her in disbelief. She heard the sound of laughter and spotted the pink mare bouncing around. "But they look and act nothing alike!" She blurted out. Starlight giggled. "That's what I was thinking."

"Anyway's, Maud has discover a cave system near the Everfree Forest and she wants to explore it to find rocks." She explained. "Do you want to come?"

"Sure!" Falcon exclaimed. "I'm eager to explore new places! Let's go!"

*****

All three mares paused at the entrance of the cave, the forest looming ahead. Maud was wearing a yellow hard hat with a flashlight. "Let's get going." She took the lead while Falcon walk behind.

Soon it started to get dark very quickly. Maud turn her light on while Starlight use her magic. Suddenly, Falcon felt nothing under her feet and she fell.

She landed on something sharp. "Ow." She moan.

She look up and find herself in a cave full of glowing green crystals. She sat up with a wince. She look down at her side to find she was bleeding with a small crystal lodge in it. She leaned down and bite on it.

She grimaced with pain as she pulled it out.

She look at her wound and find it was deep but not too deep. She put her hoof against it and shouted. "Hey! Down here!" A rope drop down and Maud and Starlight appear. The rock pony walk up to some crystals. "Malachite." She pick a small piece up.

"Some malachite has dangerous micro-organisms living on them. If you get cut on one, the bacteria will get in your bloodstream." She explain.

"The symptoms starts off as a common cold or flu. Then you will get better. But eventually it gets worse as time goes bye. Left untreated, it will be to late for the victims."

Falcon laughed nervously. "Is that a joke?"

Maud blinked. "Do I look like I'm joking?" Falcon gulped. "Wow, look at the time! I should really get going, I got weather things to do."

Falcon rushed out of the hole and out of the cave. As she help with the weather, she rest for a few minutes. She look at her wound. It stop bleeding, but it still hurts.

As she entered the castle, Twilight walk up to her. "Hey Falcon, ready for more reading lessons." She paused and look at her side in shock. "You're wounded!" She summoned a gauze and some antiseptics. She ordered Falcon to lay down.

The golden and white pegasus did as she told as the alicorn cleaned her cut. "What happened!?" She demanded. "I went caving with Maud and Starlight. It's just a cut, don't be too worried."

"It could be infected!" Twilight snapped as she wrapped her with the gauze. "I'm postponing the reading session. Go to you room and rest until it heals. I'll get Spike to bring you dinner." Falcon nodded and head to her room.

She sighed with relief as she laid down on her uninjured side. Unknown to her, small organisms are already in her systems.