• Published 22nd Jan 2020
  • 798 Views, 41 Comments

Radiant Hope and The Nightmare - EmmyRosie5



Radiant Hope who lost her friend a long time ago must now stop Nightmare Moon from bringing eternal night to Equestria. And she won't do it alone.

  • ...
1
 41
 798

Chapter Ten: The Very Hungry Forest Monster

The girls headed deeper into the forest, when Limestone’s stomach began to rumble. “Man, I’m so hungry.” Limestone said. “Don’t worry, Limestone. I know just the thing!” Derpy said, pulling out a bag of muffins.

“Muffins? Really?” Hope said, looking at Derpy’s muffin bag. “Hey, you can never know when it will come in handy.” Derpy told Hope.

Just then, the girls started to hear crying. “Why is there someone crying?” Coloratura asked. The girls headed to where the crying is coming from, and soon they found that the person who was crying was a forest monster.

His body was green and fuzzy and had sticks and logs for arms and legs. “Oh, woe is me.”
The forest monster cried out. Hope walked up the forest monster. “Excuse me, sir. Why are you crying?” Hope asked.

“Well, I don't know. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just whisked past me and stole my food! Now, I’m so hungry!” The forest monster said before going back to crying.

“Oh, give me a break.” Raindrops muttered. “That's what all the fuss is about?” Limestone said.

“Of course it is! Just look at that guy! He’s just sitting here enjoying his lunch when it was stolen by a big meanie!” Derpy exclaimed. She then turned to the forest monster. “I’m very sorry about what happened to your food, sir.” She said sympathetically.

“I’m glad you knew my pain, but it’s no use being sympathetic. With no food, I’ll probably just die.” The forest monster said. Derpy was sad for that guy. She wanted to make him happy but she doesn’t know how.

That’s when Derpy spotted her muffin bag and had a plan. She took the bag and gave it to the monster. “Here, you can have my food.” Derpy told the forest monster.

“Really?” The forest monster asked. “Of course. Besides, muffins are better than sticks and leaves.” Derpy said happily.

The forest monster smiled. “Oh thank you so much little pony!” He said. “You’re very welcome, mister forest monster.” Derpy replied.

“Well, I must go now. I have a lot of yummy muffins to eat. Thanks again, little pony.” The forest monster said before leaving.

“Derpy, you just gave away your muffins to this forest monster!” Hope told Derpy. “It’s okay though. Besides, the muffins were handy for this one.” Derpy said happily.

“Wow, I never knew you cared about a guy who was hungry.” Raindrops told Derpy. Derpy smiled. “Well, at least I did something good for once.” Derpy said happily.

“Come on girls, let's keep moving.” Hope told the others. And with that, the girls ventured onward.

It feels like their journey is almost over.

Author's Note:

We have reached the end of Chapter Ten! And it looks like Derpy has taken the part of the Element of Generosity. It’s weird, but weird is what I do here.

In the next chapter, our heroines will come up to a bridge and Limestone will have to fix it, but must make a choice between friends and family.

And as always, Stay Magical!