• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 604 Views, 4 Comments

The Artifact - The Sumareian



A Emissary from Sumareia has arrived in Equestria, but why is he neglecting his duties?

  • ...
 4
 604

The Fire of Truth Flectcher unleashed

"Sen............there's ....................can....you .......hear me?" The radio crackled. pinned beneath a large boulder. A gasp was heard.

Sen open his eyes So this is how I die in some forsaken cave. the light was slowlly being bloughted out. I failed....

"Awaken." Sen suddenly looked for the voice."What ..where .. who are you?" Sen asked looking around the dark cave. He looked at his hind legs.Broken great and still they re pinned..Sen flopped to the dusty ground. "Warrior what are you doing, the fire of your fight is not yet extinguished." came the voice again, this time a light appeared in front of the broken prince. "I failed what use am I if I cant fight." Sen scolded the light." But you can fight, you have only fought for yourself not for others. But now you give up when others need you most."Sen heard the voice grow in famliarity to him. "Vendetta is that you?" Sen asked looking into the light " Not just me." Sen felt the enormous pressure of his fathers gaze upon him as well as a uplifting senses of love, emanate from the light."But I cant even stand." Sen looked at the boulder behind him. "You must try your friends need you. they will die if you give up." the image of a destroyed Equestria burning crops ponies fighting for what little scraps remained, pushed its way into The princes mind. "No." The prince said. "Not while i can do anything."You can do nothing give up die like this land.Sen heard numerous voices claw at his mind. The light intensified turning into a blue flame infront of the stallion. Sen reached for the flame."Only truth can prevail, with lies comes chaos." His hoof touched the flame.

Sen prepared to be burned alive only to have the blue flames mend his broken legs. Sen pushed up causing the boulder to roll of the earth pony. "Use this power my son to bring truth to the world make everything right." the voice of Sen's mother told him in a firmly gentle way, knowing what her son now possessed. Sen raised his communicator. "Bronze eagle this is song bird do you read?" there was a brief pause. "Sen your still alive oh thank the Seeker." Tempest's voice sounded over the radio.
"Whats going on?"Sen asked feeling a new rush of urgency fall upon him."The princesses are making a last stand with whats left of the royal guard in Ponyville. " The Adrmial said with concern. "Get our troops ready to deploy ASAP." Sen commanded the officer "Yes sir, but I dont see what difference it will make this thing is huge." Sen watched the airship speed away towards Canterlot to bring reinforcements "Princess this is Sen you wont have air support for a little bit were getting the cavalry." Sen said as he looked at the creature moving ever closer to Ponyville.

The crature bellowed as it creasted the hill near Ponyville .Luna looked to her guards. seeing guine fear in thier eyes she had toinspire the."Stallions we stand on the preicec of imment disater what we do in these critical moment will either ensure or damn our exixtance as ponies. We stand for harmony and peace.Lets show that choas filth what harmony can realy do." Luna heard the cheers of the come in a violent torrent. I hope Sen has an idea of what he's about to do. The princess was snapped from her though as she heard a shout from the line "Incoming!" horrific creatures spanned the gap between line and spirit." For Equestria, For harmony." Luna shouted as she charged forward into the swarm , her guards followed suit.

Tempest pushed the lever as far as it could go Even a this speed its going to take some time to get the troops on board hopful... who am I kidding the got two goddesses and the most powerful earth stallion i have ever met they can hold out long enough. the gray mare tried to convince herself. feeling a hoof rest on her shoulder it was one of Sen's personal guard her blazing silver eyes trying to show some form of reassurance. " Canterlot outpost this is bronze eagle we are comming in hot. This is a party , I repeat this is a party." The admiral said as the embassy came into view. "Copy that eagle the presents are wrapped and ready." Part of Tempest delighted in the lingo that the Sumareian air fleet got to use.

Sen approached the hill the spirit was stopped at."Hey you and me arent finished yet." The prince called to the spirit. rage filled the prince when the spirit ignored his taunt. "Your mother is the greater spirit of ugly." Sen shouted uncertian if the spirit even had a mother, the creature paused and turned to face Sen. Apparently this one does. Sen thought as the creatur raised its arm to swipe the small valley the stallion stood in. "Who told you!" The spirit bellowed in anger. Sen jumped to avoid the devastating sweep.As the prince landed he willed the fire into existence." Come on big boy you got to do better then that." Sen said avoiding a bolt of red lightning that shot from the spirits claw. Sen primed his blade as another arm came in for a sweep. the prince ducke keeping his sword up hoping that it would cut the angry creature by surprise. his blade found purchase and blue flames sparkled from the wound. Sen felt a clawing at his mind You think you can stop me mortal. you think this little farce of your will work. Wait that the Flame of the Fletcher.Sen mind was released .Letting out a sigh of relife Sen snapped back to the task a hand, but a feeling he hasn't felt in many years licked his emotional palette. Doubt.

Celestia watched as the prince some how managed to grab the attention of the creature." Sister fall back to the town square. we can funnel the smaller ones into two paths." The princess called out. Luna must have heard her sister because she shouted to her gaurds. "Retreat to the square." That should by us some time for the pegisi in Cloudsdale to organize some form of assistance.

As The Equestrian forces set up for thier defence of the square. Tempest brought the airship to its alltidudenal limits, she set the ship to hover as she walked to the radio she wondered what she would say." Everypony aboard the Bronze
eagle this is Admiral Tempest Ventlin Cloud. We are about to fall into a crisis zone The Rulers of Equestria are trying to stem the tide of chaos as we speak. But they are fighting a lossing battle, it's up to us proud warriors of Sumareia to show them the way, how we fight." The mare speaking from her heart now." Our Leader friend to us all is down their alone in the dark. I think he dissevers a little company don't you?" Cheers Echoed up to and around the command deck." This is our moment when all hope leaves..." Tempest heared a resounding "We stay. We fight. We win." Tempest looked around the control deck each pony ready to lay down thier lives. " For Sumareia. For Sen. For Victory." The gray mare shouted into the radio.

Sen looked to the sky as rain began to patter around him. between him and the massive spirit stood a growing horde of those abomitable machine creatuers. Sen primed his blade.Looks like it's a one pony show. he thought as he looked at the teeming mass. The prince charged headlong into the the horde. Suddenly the Shout of a charging force came from behind the prince. Slashing trhough the throng. He saw the flash of red armor as a pony slashed a machine to the princes side.Sen bucked one of the machines into the air jumpping up to meet it. Sen was grabed mid air by what looked like one of the princesses. "Luna?" Sen asked as he was swept away. Sen looked at the thing that held him it waseminated wispers as he looked into its face features kept changing staying concrete for only a second. "You Sen willed the blue blaze into reality. burning the spirit, causing it to drop the prince.

Sen rolled on the ground in the middle of a clearing. "This is your fate mortal death, you will pay for interfering with my plans." the numerous voice all spoke with rage as the alicorn landed in the middle of the clearing. Sen felt the fire intensify in his heart. "Lies and chaos are not part of mine." Sen said as he charged the spirit.Swinging rapidly in quick planed strokes, the prince seemed to be making no success. Sen felt a jab in his gut as the alicorn forced a hoof into his chest. A few ribs cracked as the prince got back up coughing a glob of blood onto the dirt.He fast. or.. he's reading my mind. Sen willing to test his theory charged the defiant spirit again leting instinct take over he found purchase in its neck. then as the spirit was stunned by the blow he slashed again and again taking both of the creature wings clean off as well as cracking its horn. Sen prepared to finish the spirit when a new pain shot in his body. for tendrils from the wounded spirit dug into Sens chest and out through his back.

"This is what happens when you think the spirit stood recovering from the onslaught. Sen's vision darkened.So this is death. I always thought it would be more peaceful. "Don't try to ignore me mortal." the spirit growled at the injured prince. "I i cant stop you now someone else will." Sen said weakly. "Oh really and what champion will rise when the one pony who stood against me failed." Sen hopped this would work. Hes swung his sword across the spirits chest as he willed a inferno of blue fire into existence." No that's not possible how did you .. No." the spirit was engulfed in the blaze Screaming in sheer agony. It bunred down into nothingness. Sens vision blurred and grew dark. Great....the greatest evil in the entire world is destroyed and i cant even try to move.... Aghhh I lost to much blood.... wait is that.... Ingot? Sen's Vision blacked out completely....