• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 605 Views, 4 Comments

The Artifact - The Sumareian



A Emissary from Sumareia has arrived in Equestria, but why is he neglecting his duties?

  • ...
 4
 605

Motives

Watching the princess exit with a huff was not his idea of politicking especially at a time like this. He had to find out what Celestia knows about theses happenings and fast. He paused and looked at the map his eye brought to Neighrobi, recalling the end of his siege of the city and how he got here. he put his hoof on the map...

Seven years Earlier at the contested city of Neighrobi.

Sen looked out upon the battlefield the zebra offensive was pushing his infantry back slowly but steadilty. Sen made the call "This is song bird bring the rain." there was a brief pause "copy that songbird this is talon order confirmerd." A laught was heard behind him "What is it Vendetta?" the heavily armored stallion leaned towards his prince "All our technology and a few primative Zebras are holding thier own." it was true the imposing city of Nieghrobi stood defiantly against Sens Armies. just as Sen looked at the impresive city explosions rung out near the breach in the wall."Get me a squadron in the next five minutes Stalwart." Sen commanded a white mare with a radio on her back.

"This is song bird to all command posts the civilians have been evacuated from the city, execute scorched earth tactics." As Sen said that a series of explosions flashed across the city. "My lord we have a shuttle ready for you." Sen turned to see a small transport land in the camp. Vendetta followed His charge into the Ship the Magic powered craft lifted of the ground and flew to the city. "Wait if all the Zebras are out who are we still fighting?" Vendetta asked as they rused to the command deck. "Golems brought to life with some kind of magic we've never seen" Sen entered the brige and grabed the pilot out of his chair. Vendetta looked at Sen in a consered manner "You know how to fly this thing?"

"Not at all but I have raced bigger." Sen pushed the throttle lever forward and his ship hurtled to the city." Whats the name of this ship?" Sen called out to its captain. "The moon phase my lord." Sen looked at the city the only advantage his army now having is the ai. just as he set his mind to a slightly more relaxed State the Ship shacked violently"Hull breach in engineering, they are firing on us." said a unknown pony over the radio.


Sen Lost control of the ship as another object struck the ship.Alarms blared in the deck. then it happened the ship met the grund as the engines released their stored magical power in a violent explosion.

Sen opened his eyes seeing the ship he was in smashed into the side of a building her crew scattered among the wreckage some getting up others staying still. Sen pushed himself up trying to get his bearings.

All the survivors turned thier heads when they heard the high pitched cry from the next street. what ever magic this was the Zebras created one the most potent killing machines in the world. ten of them charged into the clearing descending upon the survivors. Sen released his blade a thick steel blade designed for war primed itself in his greave. Many of the surviving crew did the same "For Sumeria!" Sen charged at the foul abominations slashing its leg clean off. it grabbed his flank trying to pull itself onto the prince he slashed again taking its head as he did so wires and circuits sparked and then fizzled out "The head its the only way to stop them." he shouted out to the combating ponies. Sen jumped up and landed on two more crushing their heads under his sheer force. One swung its crude club at Sen blocking the blow with his sword that shattered under the impact Sen threw his hoof at the mechanism taking its head clear off. he turned to see Vendetta bucking one of the creature that had landed on his back. the suddenly two arrows pierced the stallions back he fell to the ground. "No!" Sen cried as he charge the dozen machine between him and his fallen comrade, with a strength he didn't know he had he grabbed one of the machines spun and flung it away, he kicked jumped and bucked his way skillfully destroying each of the machines in a more brutal way all together.The assault ended as suddenly as it began however and the clearing was now filled with either injured or dead ponies.he reached his Comrade Sen spat out the head of one of the vile machines. "You ripped of that one head and beat it to death with it." The Injured stallion said weakly as he let out a last breath a smile crossing his face."Be at peace, My fellow warrrior."Sen said looking at the devastated crash site. "What a waste." Sen said aloud.Suddnly a large billow of darkness rose from the middle of the city Sen felt something clawing at his mind.

" You dare disturb my slumber mortal." the entity took pause for a second. "you seem different from the ponies here are you thier leader? No matter you cannot stop the evil you have just awakened." Sen recovered some of his composure "What are you?" he asked in sheer terror. "The Liar ,the cheat i have many names but one purpose to escape this blasted orb." Sen looked perplexed orb what orb?"

Sen took his hoof of the map That thing prompted me to search for the orb all those years back. I may even be connected to its power right now.

As time passed Sen decide it was time to see why Celestia wanted him to come to Equestria. he entered the palace grounds as the sun set almost instantly several royal guard surrounded him spears at the ready. one of them called out "State your Business Emissary." Sen not wanting to start an unessacary conflict started his goof ball routine "Well sers if you must know i was invited by the princess to have some tea." Sen said with a triumphant look on his face.

Little did he know that when he entered the Princesses private study there would be a tea set along with a map that seemed vaguely familiar. The Solar unicorn beckon he enter and the doors closed behind Sen. "Hello there princess if i recall right you requested me personally for some reason?" the wise princess placed down her cup of tea and cleared he throat."You my be a rowdy guest but you will never never talk to my sister that way again or i will end you!" she levitated a napkin to her mouth. I Hardly ever get to do that anymore. The princess delighted.

Sen stood a few Hooves back from where he was earlierWas that the Canterlot voice? the thought rattled around his head. "Okay well message received." Sen said something to break the silence that loomed over the two royals. and as he looked around the room Luna suddenly appeared out of nowhere staring down the. the prince he offered his hoof in friend ship to the mare of the night, but she simply walked to the side of her sister. "we have notice magical disturbances coming from the Everfree forest more specifically where nightmare moon first appeared. Luna glanced down as she was hiding a personal shame of hers.

"So what re we looking at here." Sen said looking at the reports from Ponyville. "Magical backwash." Luna said glancing at the prince." Unicorns unable to do magic pegisi falling out of clouds, no form of magic in the area seems to be working." Luna showed a genuine look of consern.Sen tried to digest this information, pausing to press his hoof on his communicator."We were hoping you might know what it is?" Celestia said her voiced egded with concern. "Have you be able to find out exactly where the disrution is coming from?" Sen asked still looking over the reports for any varying information

Several loggers reporting strange noises from a nearby mine that was abandoned years ago. Sen sneered "Where was this report taken." He blurted out. "The logging camp about a mile north of Ponyville why?" Celestia asked seeing no relevance to the current situation.

Sens communicator beeped twice drawing a more confused look from the princesses."Ladies I must be away I got some evil to destroy." he said as he headed to the window opening it. "What are you doing?" Luna looked in horror.

Why dont i think these things trough? Sen asked himself as he looked down at the remainder of the palace.Tempest should've been here by now. HE felt a familiar tingle envelope his body he turned his head to see the two sisters had gripped them in thier magic. Sen willed him self back to the floor and the princesses magic dispersed. The sisters looked at the prince and then at each other wondering what just happened. "magical dampeners in my armor" Sen said as the spot where his cutie mark would be glowed a dark orange."Sorry I couldn't take any chances your majesties." Sen said as he looked down "Dont jump." The princesses said in unison, knowing full well that Sen could not survive a fall from the tallest tower in the palace. Sen looked at the Royal sisters a smile crossing his face "This is me guys come on."He said as he launched himself out the window.

When the sisters were expecting to hear a loud thump the instead herd the roar of engines. As they rushed to the window the saw Sen standing atop his airship. Waving to the sisters. "Be ready to evacuated Ponyville in case I fail." the brash stallion shouted out.