• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 1,025 Views, 87 Comments

A Trail to the Stars - JimmyHook19

  • ...
20
 87
 1,025

From Land and Sky

It soon became clear why Sky had drawn attention to that figure. They appeared to be bipedal, unlike most organisms in Equestria that moved about on four (yes, Capper, I do know you exist, and you too, Captain Celaeno, hence why I said most, not all other), and they seemed to be dressed entirely dark colours in order to make them hard to spot in the alleyway they were advancing down. Similarly, they were trying to move stealthily to ensure they were not seen, something at which the figure was failing horribly, as they were clearly visible in that darkened corridor as they moved (we cannot be sure if they walked or trotted, not knowing what they are).

Sky spoke again, indicating to them again. "See that?"

Vapor nodded. "They look like trouble."

"I suggest we follow them," Sky nodded, speaking slowly to ensure all was understood clearly in the circumstance. "They look like trouble, as you said, and I think that we need to find out what they're up to."

Vapor couldn't help but worry, making her like Fluttershy sometimes. "They look oddly familiar somehow. Could they somehow be connected to what has been happening?"

"Given all that has been going on," Sky answered, "I wouldn't put it past such a theory. Let's go. Trail them from the air, and I'll follow on the ground."


Quite why a pegasus was trotting through a cobbled street may seem odd and bizarre, especially given that Vapor had wings and thus could fly (but not run, as she was not a zombies vampires, and if she was something odd was happening and could not be allowed to continue happening, the cowards, THE FOOLS!), but it was feared on Sky's part that the sight of two flying pegasi would attract far too much attention to them, and so Sky proceeded on the ground whilst Vapor enjoyed a bird's eye view of the scene below him. Vapor could clearly see them, as their choice of colour for clothing did not conceal them very well in the alleyway, and Sky, judging from the look of annoyance on his face, could clearly hear each and every one of their footsteps, thanks to ponies having super hearing compared to humans. However, as time went by, the being went into a door, and then proceeded to open it, and go through the door, and then close the door behind them, but seemingly forgetting to engage the lock behind them. Vapor landed next to said door whilst Sky came to a stop, rubbing his hooves (the fool had forgotten to put his horseshoes in that morning). "Are you ready?" Vapor asked, looking at Sky. "We have no idea what we'll find in there, or how to get out!"

Sky nodded grimly, clearly as uncomfortable as Vapor. "I'll admit to being worried about this too," he replied. "But we have to find the truth, no matter how bad it may be." They went in through that door, and into a dingy, poorly lit corridor that was so dark neither of them could see from one end of it to the other. The two pegasi proceeded down this dark corridor, which was dark and dank. Nasty smells hung off the walls, and the walls were blackened and covered in muck from decades sitting out of use. This was a disaster of a place, and felt like some sort of factory (Stratusburg did have an industrial past, but that was long ago, and the city's economy was no longer geared around manufacturing) that had lain abandoned for many decades, only now being brought back into service.

"This is like a set from the Saw films," Sky said suddenly, presumably the start of a bad joke. "I sure hope we don't come across any traps."

Vapor shuddered. Her nerves were very much on edge, and this wasn't helping in the slightest. "I would prefer if you didn't bring those up," she replied.

"Very well," he replied. "Why not talk about how these wall patterns are all identical?"

"It's weird," she quivered. "I don't like this at all."


Suddenly, they went through another door, and before them lay a vast, open room, filled with strange machines, odd devices, and things that bubbled with strange liquid. At the center of it all stood a strange woman, her hair white, her ageless features staring angrily down upon the two pegasi. She also wore a black robe with red highlights. Her angry face changed to a smile when she saw them.

"Sky Stinger, Vapor Trail," she said. "How nice it was of you to join me. Or should I say- Tom Haddington and Jimmy Hook?"

"What do you want?" Sky demanded loudly.

"Always the one in the weaker position demanding to know things he had no entitlement to," she replied. "I'll save your intelligence the bother of introducing myself, but I am devoted to spreading the wonder and beauty of Equestria- and getting as many humans there as I can in the process. You really are so easy to find. But this is the wrong way around, and does rather expose a flaw in my modus operandi."

"The wrong way round?" Vapor asked. "What do you mean?"

"You were meant to be Sky Stinger, and Tom was meant to be Vapor Trail. Just to mix things up a little. Goes to show I'll need to be more careful with the boxes in the future. Oh well. You've discovered my plan, and I need to remove the glitch in the system. Goodbye, you two. I'd say it was nice knowing you, but it really hasn't."

Sky jumped to one side as he came under fire from some odd objects, and leaped into the air. Vapor joined him in the air, and they whizzed around that big open space, trying to avoid being shot down. "Vapor!" he called.

"Yeah?"

Sky's face was now more serious than ever before. "I need you to propel me into a flipping loop! That will allow me to accelerate fast enough to pull off a sonic boom!"

"That's too dangerous!" Vapor answered. "It could kill you!"

"We have to stop the Merchant from doing this to anypony else!" he shouted. "I'll be careful, I promise."

Vapor immediately flapped her wings forward, and watched as Sky plummeted toward the ground at speeds incredible. Vapor touched down, and watched as there was a gigantic explosion, smoke and rubble flying everywhere. But Sky was nowhere to be seen.

Author's Note:

Will Sky (Tom) be able to survive that explosion? And if so, will he and Vapor (Jimmy) be able to redo their wedding without any more problems? Find out tomorrow for those answers and of course.... the conclusion to of: A Trail to the Stars!



Fun Fact: The following of what The Merchant said near the beginning would of indeed happened if it was the other way around for of Tom and yours truly. But you know me of course: Always having a natural preference to Male to Female transformations because of it being the most popular method in the Transformation Community. X3 :heart: :yay: