• Published 25th Dec 2019
  • 841 Views, 11 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls - Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger - DestinyDecade



In Earth-1991, the Lupin Collection is up for grabs. Many desire it but two teams will come together to defeat the true threat.

  • ...
2
 11
 841

Episode 2 - To Pass the Torch; The Patranger's First Assignment

Episode 2: To Pass the Torch; The Patrangers First Assignment!

Rome, Italy... a few minutes after the battle

Having suffered a defeat so severe, Enigma was forced to retreat. It wasn't just him. His wife Patty Larceny was in tow, carrying their comrades. Carmen. Zack. Ivy. The three Lupinrangers were knocked out cold, courtesy of the Patrangers. Enigma felt their rage and fury. His helmet had broke due to the resulting impact of their attack. Once they are far from anyone, he takes out his X Changer and turns it 180 degrees, showing the gold side and then he does it again showing the silver.

“Zenbo Yoshi! Shingo Yoshi! Hassha Yoshi! (All Clear in Front! Signal Clear! Ready to Roll Out!)” It says. The words Run Down are repeatedly heard as Enigma aims it.

He then fires, causing the X Changer to move forward. It's gun based side lifts up, forming the cannon of the train and before long, it's on the move.

“Shuppatsu Shinkou! (All Aboard!) X-X-X-X!” Enigma gets on with Patty quickly in tow, carrying the others.

Once inside the train, he inserts his X-Rod on the side and just relaxes. On another part of the train, Patty spots several places for the other Rangers to rest. Enigma joins in, not before setting things to auto-pilot, getting the other Rangers on their backs so they can use their time to rest and recuperate. Still reeling from it all, Enigma powers down but the pain he's in is still serious. He then powers down, hoping that his powers can go into self-repair.

“It could have been worse,” Patty tells him, “We got to make sure these three are at 100%, or hell, all of us.”

“I know. I know,” He replies.

“So where are we going? These three don't have a base of operations they can go to. We may as well focus on getting that first.”

“I would do that once those three are up and about. Right now, they aren't. There should be some first aid stuff here on the train. I made sure to include them.”

Patty spots a first aid kit nearby. Grabbing it, she opens up to tend to the three Lupins. But they then hear some communication sound. Enigma presses a button nearby and a screen appears. Player is seen and the look on his face is one of dread and concern.

“Carmen!?” He says, seeing her knocked out the way she is, “How is she? No. What happened?!”

“To be blunt,” replies Enigma, “We got our asses whooped by these brats!”

“I want to know if they'll be okay. I saw everything!” Player complains.

“Relax kid,” Patty assures him, “They'll be alright. Besides their Ranger suits absorbed most of the damage. Had it not been for that, things would have turned our worse than they are.”

“True. So for now, just relax. They'll be okay. They just need some time,” Enigma tells him.

Player lets out a sigh of relief. Out of all the members of this posse, Enigma feels he has to endure the worst. It's horrendous. But now wasn't their time to worry. It was their time to plan. With much of the team out of action, they need some reprieve.

“Player? Is there any property in America that we can buy? Abandoned ones, specifically,” He asks.

“I'll look into it. What for?” Player then asks.

“We need a B.O.O, a base of operations. At least so that way these three can get some R&R,” Enigma replies.

“I'll let you know if anything comes. Just let me know when Carmen and the others wake up. I do worry for them and I don't want them to do anything that reckless,” Player tells them.

“With this gig, sometimes you got to be reckless... but I will let them know. Keep us in touch,” Enigma assures him. The feed then cuts.

His attention then shifts to Patty. It seems that things may get better but not by much.

“So guess we'll have to get them recuperated huh?” She asks.

“Pretty much. Let's get to work. Getting them the help they need is priority one,” Enigma answers.

Patty nods as the two decide to take care of the injured. Being a Power Ranger can be a pain in the ass but there's always the consequences. Such is the life of being a hero, most of the time.

Meanwhile at ACME HQ...

It had been some time since we defeated the Lupinrangers, took down a Gangler set to take us out and stopped VILE's plans. Despite our victory, our leader Snails passed out due to all the stress of everything. He did suffer some injuries but thankfully it's not anything that severe. Normally we should be checking up on him but Chief Thigpen assures us that he would be just fine. We're leaving HQ, since I told the others that I got something planned up my sleeves. Well no excuses now.

“Okay Roy,” Sunset wonders, “You said that you got something planned. So what is it?”

“Patience Sunset. You don't rush things ya know?” I tell her.

Before I can explain things, Agent Zari shows up carrying some kind of briefcase. My guess that Thigpen forgot to give us something yet again. We turn to wonder what's up.

“Are you agents leaving?” She asks us.

We nod and Sunset answers, “Yeah. Why?”

“Chief Thigpen forgot to hand you these,” Agent Zari tells us. We go to a nearby table. Zari opens up a briefcase she had earlier.

The briefcase opens up, revealing to be a set of watches. They don't look like regular watches. It has one of us curious, Snips, wondering what they are.

“What are they?” Snips asks.

“These are your ACME Communicators. Chief Thigpen forgot to provide you these before you left her quarters. They are also untested prototypes that have been developed within ACME,” She answers.

This catches us by surprise. Snips then says, “So basically this is like from Power Rangers except you are giving us untested technology that can probably kill us. Is that it?”

We all had a look of utter shock. Since when did a kid like him become a smart ass? This offends Agent Zari. Considering that they are giving us something that may not work, it's expected.

“If there is anything that should be fixed, it's your attitude,” Zari responds, “These here are your ACME Wrist-Coms. Keep them with you at all times. They not only serve as a 2-way communication link between you and ACME, but they will allow you to access the C-5 corridor from anywhere.”

“Quick question,” Sunset asks, “Are they working this time? I hope I don't get disintegrated when I C-5 my way anywhere.”

“We did extensive testing to ensure that it will not happen and thankfully it has all gone off without any issues. Also, we had to fire the previous individual in charge of the C-5 Corridor. He proved inadequate for his duty,” She answers.

“Oh-kay then,” Sunset responds, being hesitant a bit after learning that the mishap in our mission cost an agent their job.

Each of us take a wrist-com and what's interesting is that each of these come in different colors. I'm not kidding. Snips got a green one, Sunset's pink and Twilight's yellow. Mine's unique since it's a gold wrist-com with silver straps. Fitting because I can assume the identity of both Lupin X and Patren X. This has Sunset a little peeved.

“How come your comm is better than mine?” She asks.

“Hello,” I reply, “I wear the white uniform. I have the X Changer here that lets me become two different Rangers. Hence why the wrist-com has gold and silver on it. Either way, we need to get going.”

Sunset turns to Agent Zari and asks, “Will Snails receive his Wrist-Com?”

“He'll receive his when he wakes. For now, you should let him rest,” Zari answers.

“We'll do that,” I tell her.

“Should ACME ever reach you for anything, you'll know by your wrist-coms,” Zari answers, telling us of this.

We nod at her as we depart. The four of us leave ACME HQ. I then take the others to a hopeful base of operations that we can use to rest and recharge. They seem curious but I assure them not to worry.

“Come on Roy, we've been at this for fifteen minutes now. Where is this thing you're taking us?” Sunset asks, annoying me.

“Relax already will ya?” I tell her.

“You do know that Sunset is not the kind of the person that wants to relax right?” Snips tells me.

“I'm aware,” As if I already know.

Thankfully we don't have to wait long. We arrive at a building, 3-story at best. Now I would normally tell them what's inside but I prefer to save it as a surprise. A surprise always does help and I don't say it as it is. It's just fact.

“Uh Roy, what is this?” Twilight asks.

“Our new base of operations aka our place to stay in this world. I took some liberties in making this place be worth our while,” I reply.

“More like trying to steamroll whatever bank account you got,” Sunset intrudes, leading to an insult.

I don't respond to that. I shrug it off, not letting it worry me, “Regardless, I took it upon myself to make our new base a bit to our liking.”

“Our liking?” Sunset asks me, once again, “Or is it your liking Roy?”

“How long do you continue to get me mad? I want to ask Shimmer,” I then ask her.

“Just take us inside,” She says.

She continues to push my buttons huh? Fair enough. I lead them inside the place. First the lobby and we use that to make sure we check in and all that garbage. We take an elevator up to the first floor. Once we reach it however, they react in the most unexpected of ways. Trust me. The place itself is just phenomenal. I only say this because it feels like home, or rather, a part of it. It's like my penthouse except the place we're living in is 4 stories meaning multiple floors. There was the ground floor that served as a lobby. We're in the first floor, home to pretty much our main base of operations where we can do what we always do best. I mean, I can go on but that wouldn't be right for the story.

“Yo! This is amazing!” Snips praises, “It feels like back home. But is there an arcade here or something? I need to see if there is!”

“Don't worry. I'll show you the arcade/game room. It's in the lower basement actually,” I tell him.

“Wait, why do you have a lower basement?” Sunset wonders.

“So when we play video games, we can be as loud as we want,” I tell her, “Besides, I figure it'd be better in the basement than in the upper floors.”

“Okay then so what are on the upper floors?” Twilight then asks.

“You want to know that much? Follow me then,” I tell her.

I take them upstairs. They immediately notice what's ahead of them. On the left were five doors and on the right were also five doors. Something is amiss with this.

“I see five doors here and five doors here. What's the point of all this?” Twilight asks.

“This floor serves as our living quarters. To the left are our individual rooms and to the right, our bathrooms,” I tell her, much to the surprise of the others.

“So basically we each have our personal bathrooms huh? How sweet,” Sunset replies, “Now I don't have to worry about sharing it with four other people.”

“What is that supposed to mean exactly?” Snips asks.

“Simply put. I can have my own room and bathroom,” Sunset replies.

“We all do. Since when did you decide to have some kind of attitude Sunset?” Twilight wonders.

“Since ever. Besides we're not going to have much time here. Our responsibilities are going to be shifted toward our duties as ACME Gumshoes/Power Rangers.”

“Even so, you don't have to be that brutal you know?”

“If it's about how we barely survived that mission, don't. I rather take my time and enjoy a break when needed.”

“Wow Sunset, how harsh.”

“Are you guys done arguing about all of this? I feel like it was a bad idea trying to show you guys this,” I intrude, catching Sunset off guard and she's not happy with it.

Sunset doesn't respond. She wasn't happy with what I said and it only just serves to get her upset.

“You know I am in no mood for your crap right?” Sunset tells me, as if I already know this.

“Whatever,” I reply, “Besides. I rather unwind today since we're not doing anything.”

But that unwinding would have to wait. Why's that? My com-link starts buzzing. I press on it, activating.

“What's up Chief?” I ask. But then suddenly, it starts to form some kind of hologram, revealing the Chief. But it's not Chief Thigpen, it's her daughter. It catches us by surprise.

“I take it you are adjusting to your new base of operations gumshoes?” She says.

“Yeah. We are, mostly,” I tell her, much to Sunset's dismay.

“Very good. I apologize if I am intruding on your day off but my mother, the Chief, has ordered me to send your an assignment,” She replies.

“Wait. An assignment? I thought we were off today,” Snips wonders.

“I'm afraid your day off will have to be put on hold sadly,” She tells us, “My mother has a message for you.”

“A message?” Twilight asks.

Tamara nods and tells us, “Our collaborators, the Global Secret Police Organization, has requested to meet with all of you in their New York branch. Apparently they wish to ask you all a couple of questions. I know little of the details but my mother had the meeting arranged. She suggests that you meet them right away. Don't worry. Once the meeting ends, you may return to your day off. You all needed it after your victory against Carmen and her Lupinranger team.”

“What about Snails? Is he in on this meeting too?” Snips asks her.

“For now, he isn't. He is still recovering within our ACME medic ward. Should he awake, he will be notified. I suggest that you four get to it and meet up. You don't want to disappoint them,” Tamara replies, cutting off communication.

“So what do we do?” I ask them.

“We can't say no to them. Besides, they're the reason we got our gear. Here's a bigger question: how do we get to New York?” Sunset replies.

“Agent Zari did say that these ACME Wrist-Coms can let us access the C-5 Corridor so we can go anywhere,” follows Twilight, “Let's give it a shot then.”

Twilight touches her com-link for a bit until she has access to the C-5 Corridor. It then starts saying something such as “Enter Destination”. She then tries to figure out if it can be inputted by voice command. The three of us wonder what Twilight is going to do next.

“Voice command online. Enter Destination,” It says. Score! Twilight did it.

She lets out a sigh, relieved that she did it. But now comes the moment of truth.

“Okay. C-5 us to GSPO's New York Branch HQ in Manhattan,” says Twilight.

A few seconds pass. Nothing happens. This worries us because Twilight tried her best to access the voice module for the Wrist-Com. Things go silent but suddenly, we hear some beeping... from Twilight's Wrist-Com. The C-5 corridor responded, having found the location of the GSPO's New York branch of operations. It starts glowing. Twilight starts to get worried.

“Destination found. Preparing C-5 teleportation,” It says.

But things start going from bad to worse. Our Wrist-Coms also receive the same glow, but in different colors. Turns out the C-5 starts to activate on all of our communicators. Twilight is the first to vanish off, in a yellow light.

“Twilight! Where is it taking her?!” I shout. I then teleport in a beam of golden energy.

The others soon follow. Sunset flies off in pink and Snips flies off in green. Seems that the four of us are heading to that same place. Looks like where we'll end up will not be a pretty one.

Meanwhile...

But what about the leader of our group? Well at an ACME medic ward, he has been resting for some time. Yeah. He's been there for some time. The fight we had earlier took a lot out of him. Vitals are stable but suddenly, they start to get erratic. Why? Is it some feeling deep inside? Whatever it is, it's not pleasant. He starts to move gently. His head shows signs of tension. It's enough to make you wince. His vitals start spiking rapidly. His heart rate increases. Muscles tighten, tension peaked. But something's got to give... and it does. He suddenly wakes up, hoping to get out of whatever nightmare he was in.

His eyes move around. He notices he's in a medic room. His breathing is heavy and he can feel something burning inside. He notices that there are several cables connecting him. He doesn't want to take them off, for fear that he would suffer any pain. He can't even remember what happened after he passed out. Suddenly he feels a headache and it's an unbearable one. Lying down on the bed, all he can do is try to get the feeling out of his system. As he turns, he gets an unexpected visitor: Chief Thigpen, or rather her daughter Tamara.

“You are awake, I see,” She says, “I apologize if this is not to your liking.”

“I've had worse,” Snails replies, still suffering from a headache.

“I see you are in pain.”

“No shit. It's just a headache.”

“Judging by your tone, I say it's much more than that. You should be resting right now.”

“How can I when the one thing that's going on are my friends. Where are they?” He asks.

“They received their orders from my mother.”

“Okay, what did she give them?”

“The Global Police has requested a meeting with them. They're ordered to head to the GSPO's US Branch in New York. I don't know what else she has given them.”

Snails looks for something that can help him alleviate the pain. He turns and notices some aspirin and a glass of water. He takes it without delay, ingesting it and then drinking water to follow it up. Once that's done, he then lays back onto the bed.

“What you ingested was one of our ACME Aspirin medicines. The headache should go away within an hour at best. Once you are rested, head for my office. I will provide your assignment,” she says.

But Snails asks, “Wasn't your mom going to do it?”

“She is in a meeting and can't be disturbed. Thankfully you won't have to worry. Rest in the meantime. You at least earned it since you did your job as an ACME gumshoe,” Tamara replies.

He doesn't answer. He simply heads back to sleep. Do we blame this kid for going through it all? No. Of course not. Besides, he should focus on getting himself rested up if he is to survive. And believe me, this job isn't going to be pleasant.

V.I.L.E Island – V.I.L.E Academy, Faculty Office

“Esteemed faculty, are things in motion for our next plan?” says Prof. Maelstrom.

“We are ready Prof. Maelstrom. Our subject is gearing up for a second chance,” replies Dr. Bellum.

“Can we pray the second time won't be the same as the first?” wonders Coach Brunt, who is still peeved over the last time.

“You have forgotten that the Lupinrangers are out of action. Our trap has yielded some fruit,” intrudes Shadowsan.

“But we still have to contend with the other set of rangers, the Patrangers,” Maelstrom replies, “They can not interfere with our plans.”

“Luckily for us, this time, we'll make sure our pet Gangler disposes them,” Countess Cleo assures.

“And should in the event it fails, what then? We can't let defeat happen to us twice. V.I.L.E has poured a lot of our own funds to obtain the technology needed to make it possible. Made no better by the fact that our operatives are still trying to recover the many pieces of Lupin Collection,” Maelstrom replies.

“You do not need to worry Prof. Maelstrom. Should that happen, I have something that will ensure our success,” Bellum responds.

“I only pray it is something to our advantage. Not theirs,” Maelstrom tells her before saying, “Dismissed.”

Bellum gets up and is about to head off. But Maelstrom stops her and says, “One more thing Dr. Bellum.”

“Yes?” She asks.

“See to it your brother is kept on a tight leash. I will not tolerate any of his shenanigans,” He orders.

Bellum says nothing but knows that if she doesn't say something, it will only draw the ire of the other Faculty members. She responds, “As you wish.”

It's all she can say. Maelstrom sees Bellum walk off but knows that there's something more to it than this.

“Do we have any information relating to the VILE Dropouts?” Coach Brunt asks.

“We'll have to ask Bellum, but knowing her, she may not provide the information willingly,” Maelstrom replies.

“She will. She has no choice,” Shadowsan assures him.

Maelstrom doesn't say a word. The others depart from the faculty office. Only Maelstrom remains. Before long, two individuals enter the office to do their usual cleaning of the facility. It was the Cleaners, Boris and Vlad.

“Mass production of the Cleaner units are complete,” says Boris.

“Well done,” replies Maelstrom, “You will see to it that you will receive a cut of any profits that come about through their use.”

“Appreciated,” follows Vlad.

“See that this academy is spotless. You will receive new instructions momentarily,” Melstrom tells the two as he gets up and walks out of the office.

While this goes on, Dr. Bellum reaches her personal quarters. Once the door behind her shuts closed, she reaches a nearby table and places her tablet there. It's then she stands straight. She notices that someone's there, when clearly there isn't.

She then says, “I know you are there, brother.”

Dr. Belljar digitally appears behind her, having a smile that best sums him up. Oh who are we kidding? This is Dr. Belljar we're talking about. This guy is an unpredictable nut.

“My guess is that you aren't happy to see me aren't you?” replies Belljar.

Bellum turns around. Her face is already seething in anger, mostly due to her own brother's actions. Belljar scoffs, knowing it's to be expected.

“Do you have any idea what you've done?! You really threw a wrench in our plans!” Bellum shouts.

“Temper, temper. I didn't come here to cause a ruckus. I came because you need something. Knowing Gunnar, he'll probably force it out of you,” Belljar replies.

“You overheard them didn't you?” She asks.

“Guilty as charged,” Belljar answers, before handing Bellum a small flash drive, “Here. This file contains everything you need to know about the V.I.L.E Dropouts. Besides, Cleo was once a part of that little posse.”

“Cleo has outgrown them. You better state your reasons for being here before I have your memories of you being here expunged,” Bellum threatens.

“Like how you did to Crackle?” Belljar counters. This strikes a chord with his sister.

“Don't push your luck. He failed in his mission by getting captured and interrogated by Interpol. He must pay the price,” Bellum responds.

“How cold,” Belljar counters, “I thought you were better than this... either way. I am only here just to see how you are doing. But it seems you don't like me around. Oh don't worry. I won't bother you any further. What I will say is that your fiddling of the Lupin Collection will only bring disaster. I know you all have been using them for the sake of creating Ganglers.”

“So what? If it means to ensure our dominance, nothing else matters,” Bellum interjects.

“Fair enough. Don't come crying to me when Maelstrom realizes his folly with these trinkets,” Belljar counters.

“Are you done?” She tells him.

“Yes, I am. Pray I get to have a little fun with you again,” He answers, disappearing back into data.

Bellum would normally be angered over her brother but not in this case. He did bring what Maelstrom would force her to obtain. She lets off a smile. Deep down, she cares for her brother in her own way though if there is anything she won't tolerate, it's his behavior. That's a different story altogether and it's one she doesn't want to contend with.

Global Secret Police Organization New York Branch – 5 minutes later

The GSPO, or Global Secret Police Organization, are a police agency that spans the entire Earth. Their goal is world peace, obviously. They also have many branches all over the world. GSPO's most well known branches are Japan and France. America wouldn't get theirs until about a year later. About two or so years ago, they formed a tactical unit comprised of three members, but eventually a fourth one joined their ranks. He was a member of their Undercover Division. Together the four Rangers not only took the fight to a gang of beings from another dimension, the Gangler, but also a rival Ranger team, the Lupinrangers. Since then, the GSPO's tactical unit have been focused on keeping their home in peace.

But until recently, the GSPO started to work in cooperation with ACME. Why? ACME needed a task force to combat against two threats: V.I.L.E, the Villains International League of Evil and the Lupinrangers. So the GSPO entrusted their gear to ACME but realizing that the Lupins have a team of five, they needed to even the odds. That's when Dr. Belljar got involved. He reverse engineered the technology to create an additional VS Changer and Trigger Machine. I wouldn't be surprised if he has something to do with how the Lupins got a fifth member. But let's get back to the tale at hand. The C-5 teleportation has us arriving outside the GSPO's branch in New York. To say that it was a ride is really something else.

“Jeezus,” Snips says, “This C-5 thing really isn't my forte. I'm thankful I didn't barf.”

“Thank god you didn't,” Sunset replies, “Yep. We made it. At least it wasn't like last time.”

“Okay so what now? Are we supposed to meet someone for this?” I ask them.

“Why don't we just head inside Roy and not worry about this,” Sunset answers.

I agree with her. The four of us head inside. The guy up front says that we're expecting them so he wastes no time in taking us to the main quarters. In the office, two people were waiting for us. One was a man, of Nigerian descent. He's easygoing, carefree but is dedicated to his duty. He wears a two piece suit, consisting of a brown jacket, white buttoned shirt with a tie that is in a brown and silver spiral and a pair of brown trousers aka pants. The guy is black haired with a black mustache. I can go on but that would have me be like a racist so let's stop. Anyway, the other was something else: a robot. To put it bluntly, he's an assistant that is around 2 feet 7 inches at best. Most noticeably, his head has two handle like sirens. Weird, I know.

“We've been expecting you. I am Samuel Hilltop, administrator of the GSPO's Japanese Branch. I'm taking over for the commander of the US Branch,” he says.

“Pleasure. Name's Roy. Roy Starfall. I'm known as Patren X,” I reply, shaking Hilltop's hand.

“I'm Jim Carter. Don't let my look fool you. I am a certified robot here to help the Global Police. But I'm stuck here having to monitor the Japan branch,” follows Jim Carter.

“Japan Branch? I thought you got decommissioned or something?” says Snips. His words soon catch the ire of Jim Carter and he isn't pleased.

“Hey! What's your problem huh? You think I'm useless? You think I'm unreliable? For your information, I have helped the Patrangers many times!” replies Jim, feeling insulted due to Snips' response.

“About that, did you even help them?” Snips asks him. Jim gets no response and it's enough for Snips to say, “That's what I thought.”

“I feel insulted... insulted by someone who dares to wear that uniform!” He shouts. Guess the brat hurt his feelings. It didn't fit well with the rest of us.

“Dude, why did you insult the robot? Not cool,” I tell him.

“I agree,” replies Hilltop, “We brought you here because it was our insistence that you meet with your predecessors.”

“Wait a second, predecessors?” Sunset asks.

Before long, we turn around to see three individuals approaching. They wear the same uniforms as we are. Snips notices his other self and his hair is well done, has brown eyes and seems to be a bit more at ease. Sunset sees her counterpart and she's got long brown hair, brown eyes and an attitude to match. Roy gets a look at someone he's known already, the same one who gave him the X Changer to begin with. Twilight looks in confusion, owing to the fact that she doesn't have another 4Gou.

“Commander, are these the ones you mentioned?” says the other 2Gou, Sakuya Hikawa.

“That's right,” Hilltop replies, “Please introduce yourselves to them.”

“Sure. I am Sakuya Hikawa, pleasure to make your acquaintance,” he says, bowing afterwards.

“I am Tsukasa Myoujin. It is a pleasure to meet you,” says the other Patren 3Gou, Tsukaka Myoujin.

“And I can tell your friend knows about me. I am Noel Takao. I currently am head of the Global Police's France branch,” says the original double agent himself, Noel Takao.

“Yep,” I respond, “He was the first person I ever encountered when I got dropped in this reality.”

“Since you guys are doing introductions, I figure we'd do the same. My name is Roy Starfall but I guess Noel already knows,” I follow, introducing myself to the others.

“I'm Snips,” Snips says, “And you can tell I am the current Patren 2Gou.”

“I'm Sunset Shimmer. Currently, Patren 3Gou,” follows Sunset.

“And I'm Twilight Sparkle. Patren 4Gou,” Twilight is next.

But Tsukasa is surprised by this and says, “Patren 4Gou? How is that possible?”

“It's a bit complicated to say,” answers Twilight.

“What has the US Branch been doing with the Lupin Collection?!” Noel wonders.

“Why are you asking me? I was only in there for just a few minutes just to fix an unstable, untested Trigger Machine!” Twilight counters.

“Unstable? Untested?” That's when it hits Noel. “Belljar! He's responsible for this!”

“Dude, calm your ass,” I tell him, “We're here to introduce ourselves to you and you get jumpy because Belljar decided to create his own Lupin Collection pieces? Dude, why so triggered?”

Offended by this, Noel gets in my face and says, “The only thing that triggers me is your attitude. More importantly, you are disrespecting the head of the Global Police's France branch.”

“You? The head of the France branch? Impressive. But you still look the same. You didn't get a new badge or anything fancy right? All I know is that they only gave you the gig because no one in that group would,” I reply, adding insult after insult to him.

But just as I was getting ready to insult this guy with a big one, I felt an unnerving pain. It came from my ear and as I feel it continuously twist, it increases. It isn't coming from Sunset. My ex would ensure I end up on the floor. It's from the one person that stuck out in our group like a sore thumb: Twilight Sparkle.

“Aaah! The pain! Twilight!?” I shout as I wince.

“Your badgering is only going to get us in hot water with the Chief. Now stop this... immediately!” Twilight replies, not letting go of my ear and making sure that I continue to suffer more pain.

“Is this how you keep someone like him in line?” Tsukasa asks.

Twilight nods with an answer, “Yeah. He's my fiancee, and I don't like how he is always such an ass towards other people!”

“I... I see,” Tsukasa says.

Twilight then lets go of my ear and I simply stop. Sunset looks at me and I can tell she wasn't happy with my words. My sight shifts back to Noel. All he can do is let off a sigh. Probably because my own actions cause a lot of messed up stuff. It truly is messed up.

“Anyway, I wish to know what has our US branch been doing with the Lupin Collection. It can explain why your team has another Patranger in the ranks,” wonders Noel.

“How should we know?” Twilight answers, “We only came here under ACME's insistence. Chief was the one who gave us our VS Changers and what not.”

“Yes. Apparently our organization feels that we aren't needed for the task so we were forced to give them up to you. But to think that the US Branch would one up us and do this? It's absurd. Show me your VS Changer and Trigger Machine. Right now,” Noel orders.

Twilight obliges. She presents her VS Changer and Trigger Machine. Noel takes a close examination of the two. He sees the VS Changer and doesn't notice anything out of the blue. The Trigger Machine on the other hand is the better check. Noel looks at it, from all angles. He sees it as different from the other Trigger Machines. Although he feels that Twilight should earn this, he feels that he should have it undergo tests.

“I am not convinced that this thing is an actual piece of Lupin Collection,” says Noel, noticing the number “04” on it when clearly that number belongs to something else.

“Is it cause it's made somewhat unlike the other three?” Twilight wonders.

Noel nods and answers, “Yes. I'm going to run a few tests on this thing. I'm hoping to find any inconsistencies with the other Trigger Machines.”

“Wait a second,” Twilight tells him, “I need that in order to morph.”

“I'm afraid that this is GSPO business. ACME should have never gotten themselves involved. For all I know, they may have been the ones who reverse engineered these to create this!” Noel responds, feeling angry over this.

Before Noel can head off with Twilight's Trigger Machine, I unexpectedly swipe it off him, returning it to Twilight. Noel realizes this a bit too late. Angered by this, he gets in my face with an attitude that clearly shows his authority.

“I'm in no mood for your games right now! Hand that Trigger Machine over this instant!” He shouts.

“Sorry Noel but I'm afraid that I have to override that. This Trigger Machine has been tested and when it first happened, it caused a major short circuit,” I reply.

“What? What do you mean?” He wonders.

“Basically Twilight was brought here to see if she can stabilize it and she has already done so. And this Trigger Machine was in fact, made here within GSPO's United States Branch. Why's that? Because almost a year ago, someone within your organization had acquired data relating to the Lupinranger's Dial Fighters. In doing so, they reverse engineered and designed an experimental device. A Pink Dial Fighter as it were along with a VS Changer,” I answer.

“A Pink Dial Fighter?” Sakuya asks.

“The very same one that is now in the possession of one of the Lupinrangers. A V.I.L.E dropout who goes by the name of Patty Larceny. She isn't alone. She's also with her husband, the elusive operative Enigma along with famed thief Carmen Sandiego and her two compatriots. They currently are in possession of the Dial Fighters and the VS Changers,” I explain.

But I add one more thing just to rattle Noel's insides, “I should also mention that in addition to this Dial Fighter, a Trigger Machine was also created. The same one that Twilight Sparkle is in possession of. We need it in order to stop those Lupins. This ain't the same team you guys worked alongside with more than a year ago. These guys have two individuals that have been doing this gig a lot longer. So yeah, this ain't the same team just like how this team is a different version of what you had.”

Noel completely was taken aback by my words. When we first met, he was a decent guy. Very decent. In fact, he was the one who commissioned a scientist within GSPO's US Branch to replicate the X Changer. I know its effects since if I change to one form, Enigma would have no choice but to use the other. But now, there is no time with having to figure things out. The Lupin Collection are out there once again and V.I.L.E won't rest until they get their hands on them all. The Lupinrangers are a team of individuals who use their strengths to fight against V.I.L.E. We, the Patrangers, are a team that not only more capture the Lupins but also take the fight to the bad guys. Basically it's Lupinranger vs. Patranger all over again.

After being taken aback, Noel composes himself. Sure what I did was a fuck up but still, now ain't the time for stuff like this. He then says, “Fair enough. I only pray that I made the right choice in entrusting my power to you.”

“Fine by me,” I reply, “By the way, where's the other Patranger?”

“Huh?” Sakuya wonders, “You mean Keiichiro?”

“Yeah, him,” Snips answers.

“I had him meet his successor though trying to convince ACME was easier said than done,” explains Hilltop.

“We believe you Commander,” says Sunset.

Hilltop says nothing, though we all are wondering about the leader of this pack. Fortunately we don't have to wait long.

Meanwhile at ACME H.Q.

Snails did get some rest but by then, he felt relieved, refreshed. After a shower, he was good to go. He quickly dresses into his uniform and gears up. But he notices that something's off. He can feel it in his gut. Knowing that it may be a threat, he quickly turns around, aiming his VS Changer. Who he aims at is no threat. It's someone he was warned about.

“Nice reaction time. I admire your skill with the VS Changer,” says the individual staring Snails down.

“You must be my predecessor aren't you?” Snails asks him. His VS Changer still aimed at the individual.

“Correct. I am Keiichiro Asaka, the first Patren 1Gou. I take it you are my successor?” Keiichiro then asks.

Snails nods and answers, “Yep. Unlike you, I make sure I get the job done.”

“You've been a Patranger for only a day and you say like you can take on anyone. You are letting your cockiness get the better of you,” Keiichiro tells him.

“Cockiness? Says the guy who gave up a Trigger Machine just cause you couldn't get yourself out of a predicament you got stuck in!” Snails counters.

Insulted, Keiichiro says, “It wasn't my fault! I didn't have a choice!”

“A choice? You had a choice when that happened and you never did. I know all about you Keiichiro, albeit very little,” He responds.

“I see. Then you should know that I had no choice. But I guess that is how things go as an officer huh?” tells Keiichiro, “Judging by your uniform, I say that the Global Police is collaborating with this ACME.”

“You got that right. Like I said, I just started this gig. Where are my friends?” Snails asks him. He puts his VS Changer down and sets it on his holster.

“They are currently meeting with my other teammates, including Noel Takao,” Keiichiro answers.

“I don't need to get that far then,” Snails gears up to use his com-link to C5 himself to New York but gets interrupted by an unexpected alarm.

Heading off, he tries to find any ACME operative to see what's up. Agent Zari was the first he sees.

“Agent Zari! What's going on?” says Snails.

“We just got an ACME Alert. A Gangler has been spotted within Times Square,” replies Zari.

“Times Square?” Then he realizes, “My friends are in New York. I have to help them.”

“Now? But you haven't fully recovered yet. You need to get some more rest,” Zari tells him. But nothing was going to stop him. Not her and definitely not Keiichiro.

“Hold it! We're not finished yet!” Keiichiro orders.

“Sorry Keiichiro but our chat has to wait. I got to head to New York and stop that thing!” he replies.

He activates the C-5 Corridor and goes in there, teleporting off to New York. Keiichiro runs off, sensing trouble. Back in New York, an alarm is then heard. We check out what's up and it's just as Agent Zari has mentioned. VILE has struck.

“What's going on Commander?” says Sakuya.

“A Gangler has been spotted in Times Square. People are already panicking. I'm putting it on-screen,” replies Hilltop.

We all get a look on the screen. What we see is as expected and a shock. The same Gangler that was taken down last time is back. This time he decides to use his power to turn anything he finds into a work of art. It can range from a nearby mailbox to even a nearby commuter bus. People were running away in fear. They don't want to deal with that. But for us, this is something we got to do.

“Where is the Gangler spotted?” Snips says.

“Not far from here,” replies Hilltop, “Think you can handle this?”

“Trust us,” I assure him, “We can handle anything that comes our way.”

I turn to the others and say, “Let's move! The sooner we get there, the sooner we can stop that thing from doing any damage.”

“But what about Snails? He still hasn't recovered,” Snips wonders.

“Yeah. We can't get this done without him,” Sunset follows.

But Twilight suddenly interrupts with some news, “Agent Zari has reported in. She says that Snails is on his way to meet us.”

“No time to waste then. Let's go!” I tell them.

The four of us leave the office. We use our watches to C-5 ourselves into Times Square. At Times Square however, people are moving about in a panic. The Gangler, Slugster, is already on the move and is finding anything he can so he can spray it and turn it into an explosive work of art. He was enjoying it all and seeing how big New York is, it would give him a lot of fun to do.

“Ah, New York City. This is a perfect place for me to bring my art to a glorious new level!” says Slugster, laughing evilly.

“Alright Cleaners, gather whatever you can and bring it here. I want to make sure the heads get a look of what I've got!”

Before he can do anything, the sounds of a C-5 corridor open up, revealing four individuals. Yep. It's us.

“You ain't having your little art exhibit today Slugster!” I shout, getting his attention.

He turns and replies, “Huh? Oh if it isn't the Pat-brats! Nice of you to show up since now I can get rid of you guys!”

“Thing is, you ain't harming anybody on our watch,” Sunset tells it.

“Is that so?!” He responds but notices something off, “By the way, where's your leader? Not here to witness your destruction?”

Before long, a C-5 Corridor appears above the Gangler. We don't say anything. We watch and see things unfold. Something comes out. It's Snails, jumping in and delivering a well-placed kick. It strikes the Gangler, disorienting him a bit. After he lands, he turns around and delivers another kick. Slugster lands on the ground as a result. Now it's mad.

“Why you! Where'd you come from?!” It asks.

“Simple. From you interrupting my beauty rest. Not that it matters because I'm not letting a freak like you harm this city!” Snails tells it.

“You think you and your little pests can stop me!? Not a chance!” It replies.

“We took you down once pal. We can do it again!” Snips follows.

“Precisely so,” Twilight says.

“You seem excited,” Sunset replies.

“As am I,” I tell them.

Knowing the threat, Snails uses one of his hands to flick his hair up. He then says, “Think so? Why don't we find out.”

He turns to us and says, “Ready for this?”

Everyone gathers and I reply, “Hell to the yeah. Let's make this our first official day at work.”

“Let's not get cocky,” He tells me.

He along with the others (save for me) take out their VS Changers and Trigger Machines. I take my X Changer out as well.

We all then yell out, “Keisatsu Change!

Snails inserts his Trigger Machine onto the bottom side of his changer and it says, “1Gou!” He then places his hand on the back side of the Changer, holding it.

Snips follows soon after, “2Gou!”

Sunset comes next, “3Gou!”

Twilight is after him, “4Gou!”

As for me, I turn my X-Changer 180 degrees, showing the silver train. It shouts, “X-Nize!”

The four Rangers push on the lever, causing the VS changer to shout, “Patirize!” They then turn the lever vertically, allowing the handle to be on the bottom of the changer. I turn the Changer once more, completing things.

Keisatsu Change!” “Keisatsu X-Change!”

The four of them grab the changer with the other hand, aiming up while I aim up as well. We fire, activating our transformation. The shot goes up, showing a holographic police ID wallet with an “S” police badge on it. It enlarges, changing to a different color and then goes down. Snails is the first with his red badge. It goes down, covering himself in a white light, save for his head. Once it hits the bottom, his Ranger suit materializes as it goes up all the way to his neck. His face is then covered by his helmet as the “S” badge appears on it, completing the transformation but not before adding a pose for good measure. The others follow suit with their respective transformations. Only differences are their Ranger colors and in the case of Sunset and Twilight, addition of skirts. As for me, my transformation is similar to the others. Only difference is that I'm the obligatory sixth Ranger so I get to make it really fancy. Plus I'm the Blossoming Stardust. Obvious reason.

With our transformation complete into Power Rangers, only one thing remains: roll call.

Snails shouts, forming his pose. “Patren 1Gou!”

Snips is next. “Patren 2Gou!”

Sunset follows. “Patren 3Gou!”

Twilight is after, “Patren 4Gou!”

And last is me, “Patren X!”

All five of us then perform a salute before pulling a group shout and we yell, “Keisatsu Sentai Patranger!” The “S” logo appears behind us as a result. It's so awesome.

“By order of ACME and the Global Police, know this... we're taking you in. By force, if we have to!” Snails shouts, aiming his blaster at Slugster.

“Is that so? You copping Power Rangers are nothing compared to me!” Slugster shouts.

“Is that a challenge I hear from you freak?” asks Snips.

“Yeah! And I'll turn all of you into wax works of art. Cleaners! Take them down!” Slugster yells, bringing out a pair of monotone beings armed with electric rods.

“You had to pressure him didn't you?” Sunset wonders.

“Obviously. I mean, it's not like they can do anything to us,” Snips replies.

“Can we get on with this? We have ass kicking to do and a city to save,” Snails orders.

“What he said,” Twilight follows.

The four Patrangers take out their Patrol Batons while I bring my X Rod Sword that's in Jutte Mode. We rush in, taking on Slugster and his motley crew of Cleaners. They may have monotone looks but they don't play around. They use the Rods as a means of stunning and incapacitating their foes. For if in the event that they can't, they are used as a means of sub-doing their opposition. In the case of us, the Patrangers, they try their best but not enough. We hold our own against the Cleaners. As for Slugster, he goes after our leader Snails. But Snails is not afraid to take the fight to him.

“You're mine brat!” He shouts as he fires several blobs of gunk.

Snails dodges the gunk, noticing that it hits a Cleaner as it solidifies then explodes. It surprises the rest of us.

“Like that? I'll make sure it's all on you!” Slugster goes on the attack.

“Try me buddy,” Snails responds, taking his Patrol Baton and rushes in to attack.

I got to admit. The Patrangers aren't as agile as we should but how this kid does it is truly beyond me. He engages the Slugster, repeatedly striking it with the Baton as if it's a sword. Slugster couldn't do a thing. He starts getting careless. Realizing that he can't stop a powered-up Patren 1Gou, he goes all out, channeling energy from his safe and firing stronger versions of his gunk blasts. He dodges them, not realizing that it's going for his friends. He turns around and that's enough for Slugster to channel energy and gear up for a strong blast. Just as this guy is ready to go in and deliver the shot, he gets blasted from someone. Snails turns to find me. Guess he forgot about me. As for the blasts, the others are quick enough to avoid them. Can't say the same for the Cleaners as they get covered in that gunk.

“Move back!” I shout.

The Cleaners then suddenly explode into robotic bits and pieces. Guess even monsters like them are too clumsy. Realizing that there's no way out for him, he decides that enough's enough.

“You little brats think you're tough?” He asks us.

“It's not that we're tough. It's that we are better prepared at this sort of thing than you. Last we check, you got whooped by Enigma when he was in Patren X form,” I reply, pissing him off in the process.

“Shut up... shut up!!” He yells. Next thing we know, Slugster channels energy from the safe and just attacks. Relentlessly I might add. Blobs of his gunk start spewing all over the place.

It hit anything and everything. The ground, the building behind us, even several vehicles. Next thing we know, they suddenly charge up and explode. We get propelled forward but then Slugster follows up with a few more of his gunk shots. They hit us and we take the full brunt of the blasts. Landing on the ground, we reel in pain but it isn't going to stop us. No way. No how.

“Y-you just had to go there didn't you?” Snails tells me.

“We should worry more about trying to stop it. If not, kiss Manhattan goodbye!” I replied.

“But how? He's gone nuts!” Snips follows.

“One of us will have to distract him and get the thing out of his safe. It has to be you Roy!” Sunset requests.

“Why me?” I ask.

“Because you're the only one who can open the safe!” Twilight answers.

Realizing that it's true, I then tell them, “Guess I'll have to do it myself then.”

Getting up, I throw my X-Rod Sword into the air. Taking out my X Changer, I then say “Kaitou Change.”

Turning the morpher to it's silver side, I then aim diagonally down and fired, bringing out a silver “V” hat logo. Yep. I have no choice. I transform, going from the golden officer of justice into the silver thief that strikes the night, Lupin X. With it complete, I grab the X-Rod Sword and turn the lever down, turning it into its Sword mode. I rush in, as this clown continues to unleash his gunk shots. But due to his continuous carelessness, he doesn't realize that I rush in, delivering a twirling slash that strikes his side. This stops him from continuously attacking. Seeing the safe, I go in, taking out some kind of deciphering pad and placing it on the safe. It does its work, deciphering the combination.

5-7-2!

“Stop! Not again!” It shouts, as its safe opens up. I quickly take the item and then follow with a reverse kick, sending it back.

With the Lupin Piece in tow, a strange blue lighter, I tell him, “Hey jackass! Thanks for the Lupin piece!”

“That's mine! Give it back!” It shouts.

“Sorry but we have our orders to recover these,” I reply.

“Let's finish this before he decides to go all out again,” Snails orders. But he notices GoodStriker approaching and grabs it.

“Hey! What are you doing?” It says, before noticing that it's us, “Oh. It's you again. Guess you need me huh? Fine.”

He inserts the GoodStriker into his VS Changer, gearing up to go Patren UGou. 2Gou and 3Gou become orbs of energy that travel into 1Gou, turning into armor for his suit. With the transformation complete, he gears up to attack.

GoodStriker! 1Gou! 2Gou! 3Gou! Ichidanketsu (For the Common Good)!

“Twilight!” I ask her, handing her the Lupin Collection piece, “Take this and move back. Got it?”

She doesn't respond but knows. Taking a few steps back, she watches as the four of us gear to finish the job. Assuming a position, Patren UGou unleashes his finishing move, the One-Shot Strike or Ichigeki Strike. I on the other hand, turn the lever and gear up to deliver my finishing blow.

X-Time! Countdown... 3. 2. 1. 0!

“Superior X!”

Ichigeki Strike!”

I twirl my blade twice to summon two beams of light, forming an X while Patren UGou gathers energy to deliver a powerful blast.

Itadaki X-Strike (One Shot X-Strike)!

Our attacks were unleashed upon the Gangler. Due to getting hit by both blasts, it couldn't take it and before long, it falls to the ground, letting off a big explosion. All of us let off a sigh of relief. Patren UGou splits back into three once more. Twilight moves closer, still carrying the Lupin Collection piece we got our hands on. But just as we gear to head back to ACME, a voice is heard and it's not a good one.

“So I see that our project has hit a bit of a snag,” the voice catches us by surprise.

We turn, drawing our blasters at who said that. To our surprise, it was Prof. Saira Bellum and yeah, she's not pleased.

“Identify yourself!” Snails orders.

“So you must be the Patrangers. Never thought I would meet you face-to-face,” She replies.

“I'm only going to ask you this once. Identify yourself or you will be taken in by force!” Snails orders once again.

“Fair enough,” She answers, “I am Dr. Saira Bellum. Bio-engineer and professor of VILE Academy.”

“Saira Bellum?” Twilight wonders, “Aren't you Belljar's sister?”

This strikes a chord with Bellum. She asks, “How do you know my brother?” She notices that there are five Patrangers on their squad. One of them seems very out of place & it's Twilight Sparkle aka Patren 4Gou.

“I see. It seems Belljar has decided to play with something he shouldn't be involved in,” She says.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Twilight responds, pointing her blaster straight at her.

“That's a discussion for another day,” Belljar turns to see Slugster, badly damaged, “So you are still alive? Then perhaps it's time we take the next step.”

“What the hell are you doing?” Snails asks, holding his ground.

“Me?” She answers, “I'm simply deciding when to begin the next phase of the project.”

“Project?” Sunset overhears.

“For Power Rangers, you don't seem very knowledgeable. But I guess it's fitting that you prove useful for my first demonstration,” follows Bellum.

“Demonstration?” Snips wonders, “What is she talking about?”

“I speak of this,” Bellum responds, taking out some kind of yellow syringe-like device from her coat pocket.

“Guys, that thing in her hand. The treasure sensor is detecting heavy energy from it,” Twilight tells us.

“Heavy energy? Does this mean it's a Lupin Piece?” I wonder.

“Yes,” Bellum answers, “This is a piece of the Lupin Collection, the Gros calibre. With it, I can make any of our Ganglers more powerful than ever.”

“And how exactly do you plan on doing that? Your little Gangler just bit the dust!” I shout.

“Bit the dust? I think not!” Bellum then aims the Gros calibre and fires on the damaged Gangler.

Energy soon starts covering it. Suddenly what we thought is a minor inconvenience has now turned into a big problem. The Gangler starts getting bigger and bigger until it reaches the right size & when I say that, it's almost kaiju-level size. All the energy dissipates and Slugster has become gigantic, roughly almost the same size as some of the skyscrapers in New York. Seeing it grow successfully is enough for Bellum to crack a smile. But for us, we move back and freak out over this.

“Holy crap!” shouts Snips, “It just grew gigantic! Almost like Godzilla!”

“How are we going to stop THAT thing?” Sunset wonders.

“The truth is, you Rangers can't. I wonder how you will escape from this... I look forward to your struggles as he will tear this city asunder!”

Bellum disappears via a VILE teleporter circuit. Now the five of us are trying to find the right means to figure things out.

“Okay. So we beat the Gangler only for VILE to make it grow giant size. We don't have anything that can beat this thing!” Snails complains.

“Shouldn't we be like the Power Rangers and summon something to fight back against it?” Snips suggests.

Snails retorts, saying, “And just how are we gonna do that?! We're only in this gig for two days and you expect us to do the same thing they did?! You're mad!”

“Actually, it is possible,” I interrupt, catching him off guard.

“Are you serious?” He says, wondering if I'm going nuts but I'm not.

“Chief Thigpen never told us about the secondary use so I guess now's the time,” I answer, but not before I add a little something for good measure, “But it's up to you three to do this.”

Snails, Snips and Sunset are shocked by this, although Twilight is wondering why them. Well, guess I'm going to have to explain this.

“Are you serious? Why us?” Snails asks.

“Why us?” Snips follows.

“Can't Twilight do this too?” Sunset wonders.

“Twilight can't help because her Trigger Machine isn't 100% complete. Basically her machine only has enough energy for her to morph. But you three got what it takes to do it. Would I ever lie to you?” I tell them.

If the three of them didn't have their helmets on, the looks on their faces would be anything but. I'm prone to be lousy when it comes to being truthful. Tell it to my relationship. Twilight also looks at me funny and you can tell I'm lousy when it comes to this.

“Roy, you may be someone who help brought us together but you are also a pathetic liar,” Sunset tells me.

“Okay, I get it. If it's about every other bad thing, you got plenty of time to chew me out,” I reply.

Snails interrupts, “Forget it. Let's just focus here. Tell us Roy, how we do it?”

“It's simple for you three to do. Step 1, pull the handle that's on your VS Changer. Step 2, turn the changer sideways and finally Step 3, pull the handle and turn the changer back with the Trigger Machine down. That's it. Simple. Once you do that, aim the VS Changer and then shoot,” I tell them.

“That's it?” Snails wonders, “Can't be so hard.”

He turns towards Snips and Sunset. A simple nod is all it takes. They all follow the steps: pulling the handle on the VS Changer, turning said changer sideways and then turning it back. That's when the good stuff comes.

“Take Your Positions! Ready! Run, Run, Run! (Ichi ni tsuite! Yoi? Hashire, Hashire, Hashire!)”

The three aim their VS Changers. Suddenly they each see a runway in front of them. Despite their nervous, it isn't going to stop them one bit. They then fired and before long, their Trigger Machines roll out.

“Roll Out! Booming Through (Shutsudo~n!)!”

Reaching downside up, they start to increase in size, becoming big enough for them to jump in. Although for the three, this is a shock. A shock to see something they never thought possible.

“Wow... I'll be damned,” Snails regains his composure and asks, “You ready for this?”

Snips and Sunset nod and the three rush in to their respective vehicles, their Trigger Zords. Each of them hear their Trigger Machine's phrases as they enter their cockpits.

“Thunderous Roar (Gou-On-Baku-So)!”

“100 Shots, 100 Hits (Hyap-Patsu-Hyaku-Chuu)!”

“Raging Blows (Ran-Geki-Ran-Da)!”

“Snails, one other thing,” I tell him.

“Huh? What now?” He replies.

“You got GoodStriker right?”

“Yeah. What for?”

“Insert him into the VS Changer! You'll need him!”

Seeing GoodStriker nearby, he takes Roy's word on it and inserts him into the VS Changer. Goodie says, “Guess you do need me after all huh?”

“Like we have a choice! Let's go!” His cockpit opens up as he aims the VS Changer and fires. Like the Trigger Machine Zords, he also grows in size and becomes a large vehicle.

“Take Your Positions! Ready! Roll Out! Booming Through! One Shot to Victory (Ichi-Geki-Hi-Sho)!”

“Let's do this!” He shouts.

“Keisatsu Gat-time! Time to grab hold of justice!” It says, hitting reverse and then activating it's additional function.

The Trigger on Good Striker is pushed, causing it to open and move up. It's bottom portion opens and splits, forming the legs. It then rotates, revealing its body and silhouettes detailing where the Trigger Zords should be placed. The three Patrangers turn their handles vertically and then they pull back, expanding their cockpits for formation mode. Suddenly their zords' triggers activate, forming their attack modes. Good Striker then rises up as the three are inserted into Good Striker itself. First green, then pink and finally red. Once Red is set, the three reappear in the new megazord's cockpit. Red then completes the combination, forming some kind of giant robot. The robot is skating through the city, hoping to catch up with the giant Slugster. It does so, jumping in and smacking with its baton. Appearing in front of it, it's set to do battle.

“PatKaiser Megazord, complete!” They shout.

Twilight and I reach the roof of a nearby building, seeing everything unfold. We're amazed by this but suddenly we see people seeing it too. Not a good sign.

“They did it!” Twilight exclaims.

“Yes, they did. Now comes the next part... stopping this thing before it does any damage to the city,” I reply.

“Your little toys are no match for me! You're going down!” Slugster shouts, firing shots from its weapon.

“Really think so? Eat this!” Snips shouts as PatKaiser goes on the attack, firing shots right back.

Like a police officer, it goes on the offensive. The Megazord is on the move, dodging attacks while countering with its own. Slugster feels the attacks and they hurt.

“Impressed huh? Goes to show that I'm the best shot. You deserve it!” Snips shouts.

“Like I care! Now die!” It responds, firing back.

“He's firing at us!” Sunset shouts.

“I knew that!” Snails replies, moving the Megazord to a few nearby buildings, using them as cover against the blasts.

“Who'd have thought that would be useful?” Snips wonders, “There's got to be something we can use to stop this thing.”

It reaches a nearby tower where it's top got converted to a statue. This has Slugster hesitating because the Megazord's behind it.

“Would that count?” Sunset asks him.

“Will he shoot it?” Snails asks.

“He won't,” Sunset follows.

“That's all I need to hear,” Snips says as the PatKaiser Megazord opens fire on the Slugster.

Slugster realizes that he has no choice and opens fire upon the Megazord. In the shootout that follows, the statue that he had created earlier is destroyed.

“No! My statue!” it shouts, as it gets blasted, not realizing that VILE has been watching the fight.

The other VILE faculty members turn to Maelstrom who expresses nothing but disappointment.

“This failure is on the Gangler. At least we can assure that the test ran better than expected,” says Maelstrom, disappointingly.

“That got em!” Snips shouts.

“My turn!” Sunset replies, causing the Megatron's baton to extend, striking Slugster in the center. He feels it alright.

“He's on the ropes now! Let's finish this!” Snails orders, taking out his VS Changer. The others do the same, gearing up for the finishing blow.

“Energy Output Max! Ready!” Snips says.

The three aim their VS Changers as energy build up from inside.

“PatKaiser Megazord...” They shout as they each count down.

“3!”

“2!”

“1!”

“Bullet Strike!”

PatKaiser Megazord gathers energy from it's baton and channels it into the blaster, firing a powerful shot as they shoot. The blast hits the Slugster as the excess energy drives him into a panic.

“No! Guess this exhibit bites the dust!” It shouts as it veers back to the ground, letting off a massive explosion.

With the monster defeated, their job is done. The three then say, “Mission Complete!” as they let off a sigh of relief but someone interrupts this. It's GoodStriker, assuming a physical puppet like form. It catches them by utter surprise.

“Well, it seems you have exceeded my expectations,” It says, “Well done Rangers.”

“You. Where have you come from?” Sunset asks.

“Yeah. You can't just pop up out of nowhere like that!” Snips follows.

“You do know I only help when I feel like it right?” It tells them.

“You're too much for your own good... Goodie,” Snails says.

“Goodie? How dare you! You should be thankful for using my power... but unfortunately, your time's up,” Goodie replies.

The three can only watch as Goodie then says, “Bye-bye.”

Next thing they knew, they get ejected off the Megazord. It undoes its transformation and the three end up hitting the pavement. Thankfully their Ranger suits can withstand it.

“Hey! Get back here!” Snails shouts, as Goodie then transforms into a flying vehicle and flies off.

“I swear it. This is not how things should go,” complains Sunset.

“Look at this way guys, you did great,” I tell them, approaching along with Twilight.

“You saw everything?” Snips asks.

I nod and tell him, “Yep. You guys are fast learners. To think that in only a short time, you know how all this works. Not bad.”

“We only got lucky. Trust me,” Snails says to me.

Before I say anything else, we hear the sound of our com-links. It's ACME all right. I activate mine so the others can hear.

“Go ahead!” I tell them.

“Rangers, this is Agent Zari. Have you recovered the Lupin piece?” asks Zari.

“We got it here,” Twilight answers.

“Well done,” Zari replies, “Chief Thigpen wishes to see you. She wants to be updated on what happened... along with one other issue.”

“Wait. What other issue?” Snails asks.

“That's something you will have to see for yourself. Get on over to ACME pronto,” orders Zari.

We don't say a word. We use our watches to C-5 ourselves back to ACME headquarters. Upon arriving, we power down and get a little time to recuperate. Once we do that, we head for the Chief's office. Chief Thigpen awaits us but the question is, what did Zari meant by the other issue. Guess we'll find out.

“Team Patranger, reporting in!” Snails says.

“Well done gumshoes. You don't disappoint in terms of your duties,” Chief replies, “However, I have something that has caught my attention.”

She presses a button and the screen shows up. It turns on and it shows the PatKaiser Megazord. I thought she would be pleased but her tone is going to tell us otherwise.

“I want to ask... what the hell is this?” She asks.

We don't provide an answer so she decides to try again, except much louder.

“I will ask one more time. What in the literal hell is that?!” She shouts.

“You want an explanation? You're getting one,” someone replies and it's Snails. This is bad.

“Dude, what are you?” I reply before he turns to me and nods, saying no.

“Very well. Start talking. Now,” She says.

“Seems you never told us everything about what the Trigger Machines are capable of. Considering we had to learn that they were needed to summon their true strength, as vehicles. And that's not all... we had to use said vehicles to take down the Gangler that went full on kaiju. Hence why GoodStriker also had another use: to be the base for the Megazord,” He explains.

“Wait a minute. The Gangler grew? Is this a joke?” Chief replies.

Snails decides to move the camera footage enough so that the Gangler can be seen. Once the Gangler was shown, the Chief suddenly looks shocked by this. Seeing that a monster grow gigantic is enough to make anyone cry out in panic.

She then asks, “How was it possible?”

“We encountered Dr. Bellum, who had some kind of device. It was a Lupin piece called the Gros Calibre. With it, she can be able to make Ganglers giant size. We had no choice but to fight back if we were to save New York,” Snails replies.

“Which can explain what we saw today,” Chief follows, “I see. So in the end, the Gangler was destroyed. Where is the subject? And more specifically, where's GoodStriker?”

“GoodStriker flew off after we beat the monster. It further proves that it only cares about itself, only teaming up with whoever it feels like. As for the subject that was used for the Gangler experiment, we were unable to find him. Apparently he dissipated due to having been consumed by the Lupin Piece's power,” Snails explains.

Chief Thigpen is silent for a little while. Since he did explain things, she has a good idea of what happened. But all of us wonder what will happen. We did get the job done so what else is there?

“I've heard enough. You all did well today. But I recommend that you keep your guard up at all times. Since VILE now has the capabilities of creating Ganglers and enlarging them, you will need to be at your best if you are to take the fight to them. For now you have succeeded so that is all that matters. I will have our ACME Analyzers work on the Lupin Piece to discover any information. Until then, you are dismissed. You earned this break,” She tells us.

We are relieved so we decide to head off. However, the Chief unexpectedly speaks. It gets Twilight's attention.

“Twilight, I request that you wait a moment,” She says.

“Um sure, what for?” Twilight asks as the rest of us leave the room.

With the door shut, it's just the two of them. It's then the Chief takes something out of a drawer and hands this to hear.

“Twilight, take this,” says Chief.

“Is this a tablet?” Twilight asks.

“Yes. One of our signature ACME datapad tablets. This model is a 1TB and it will give you access to anything you require. You will need it if you are to find any info in regards to VILE, the Lupin Collection or even the Lupinrangers. I also will give you access to our libraries. Use them as you see fit if you want to learn more about this world and it's history,” Chief explains.

“Thank you. I promise that I won't let you down,” Twilight replies, feeling ecstatic.

“I know you won't. I promise you that. Dismissed,” says Chief.

Twilight then departs the room. As she does, she sees us up ahead. We waited for her and it didn't take long either.

“What is it?” She asks.

“What did the Chief talked to you about?” I wonder.

“For starters, she gave me this tablet, saying that I'll need it if we are to get the rest of the Lupin pieces. And I'm thankful for it since I'll need it to understand this world. Though... I have this feeling that the Chief isn't telling us something,” She tells us.

“Wait. What do you mean?” Sunset asks.

“Well,” Twilight replies, turning on her tablet. She then gets access to some social media feeds. Unfortunately it's buzzing like mad.

“Well what? Come on Twilight, this isn't like you,” Snails asks.

“Maybe you should learn a little patience before I explain it!” Twilight shouts.

We all look at him disappointingly and he says, “I'm sorry. I'm just curious.”

“Anyway, there it is. I got access into ACME's social media feeds and they're buzzing like mad. Especially on Twitter,” She tells us.

“Twitter? What are they saying?” Sunset asks.

“Something's on trending right now and you are not going to like it,” Twilight explains, showing what's on the screen.

We all get a look and what we see is surprising. The most noticeable being a hashtag that is trending at #1. Our expression toward this is of concern and shock.

“#PowerRangersAreReal. No. Did it had to do with the fight we had with the Gangler?” Snips asks Twilight.

Twilight nods and responds, “Yep. Precisely. Someone must have recorded a video of us taking down the Gangler and it spread all over social media. People are now saying that Power Rangers are real. It's getting so nuts that even the actors who play the characters are talking about it.”

“I have to ask. Did you and Roy ever meet anyone while heading for the roof of a building?” Snails then asks.

“Not that I know of,” I answer.

“Nope. Nobody was there,” Twilight follows.

“So how did the footage end up on the internet?” Sunset wonders.

“We can worry about it later. ACME right now is working around the clock to find out who done it. I guess this is the Chief's way of saying, 'Don't let this unexpected fame go to your heads'. Believe me, I rather not deal with it,” replies Twilight.

“Fair enough. Let's head back to our place. I need some R&R after that Gangler fight,” I tell them.

“Good idea. We all do,” Snails replies.

“Wait a sec,” Sunset interrupts, “We need to head back to New York. We still haven't finished up our little meet with the GSPO.”

“Oh right. I forgot,” says Snips.

We don't waste time. All five of us C5 our way back to the GSPO's US Offices in New York. When we do, we meet up with the previous Patrangers. Our little meeting went well and thankfully it didn't get any worse than it did.

“I am pleased that you all did well on your first assignment. Should you ever need our assistance, feel free to contact us,” says Hilltop.

“Thank you. We promise not to let you guys down. I understand that you guys have placed a lot of faith in us. Don't you fret,” says Snails.

“I only pray that you do better than I could but seeing how you did it... I am a little impressed,” replies Keiichiro.

“A little?” Snails says, feeling insulted, “What are you talking about?”

“Huh?” Keiichiro wonders.

“Are you trying to insult me because I know you are really asking for it!” Snails shouts, getting in Keiichiro's face.

“Hey! Don't you dare get in my face!” Keiichiro responds, shouting as a means to counter.

“Says the guy who lost the Splash Trigger to the Lupinrangers,” Snails quips, firing an insult.

Triggered by this, Keiichiro responds, “How dare you! I had no choice!”

“You did had a choice but you chose to give it up to your enemy! Not cool asshat!”

“I will not tolerate you insulting me. You may be wielding my power but remember that I am your superior and you will treat me with respect!”

“Respect? Don't make me laugh! I'm not going to respect someone who is impulsive, stubborn and above all else, an idiot!”

Keiichiro and Snails continue to argue and trade insults toward each other. All of us look in disappointment because I swear, there is a lot in common between the two. Much more. But I then notice Snips leave the room, then return with a snack as he sits down and eats. It's then that Sakuya comes nearby and asks him.

Snips then says, “I got plenty. Help yourself.”

“Thank you,” Sakuya responds.

The argument lasts for a good minute between the two before they then notice Snips and Sakuya eating and watching the arguments. They both share a glare and five seconds later, both yell out a shout that spooks them both. Yep. They are similar but you got to wonder how all of this would end on a somewhat high note. Like Twilight said already, we shouldn't let this fame go to our heads. But... knowing VILE, they got something planned. If they strike, we'll be ready. Same for the Lupinrangers.

To be continued...

On the next EqG Lupinranger vs. Patranger. The Lupins find a new base of operations but there would be no time for rest. VILE makes their move at Indonesia & one of their operatives is dying for some payback. But when they bring the big guns, can they save the island from suffering at the wrath of a counterfeit scheme? Things are going to get good on the next episode, Retribution Comes; Arise, LupinKaiser!

Two teams, two objectives! Which side will you choose?

Author's Note:

It's been months and I'm sorry because I've been way too busy. But hey, at least you guys are going to get a lot. Here's the next chapter and it's here where PatKaiser is unleashed. Keisatsu Gat-time! Time to Grab Hold of Justice!