• Published 8th Dec 2019
  • 1,529 Views, 17 Comments

To Be Malevolent - The Bannerlord



Where an inexplicable displacement creates a malevolent being bent on torturing the world to sate his phantom pain. Elsewhere, another manipulates from the shadows.

  • ...
3
 17
 1,529

6 - Weaknesses

There was only the sound of hooves beating against the muddy floor of the Everfree. Unusually silent, this wasn’t a good sign, there were definitely predators around. It is almost baffling why the Princesses would inhabit such hostile territory. However, they most likely had their own justifiable reason for their own balderdash.

Of course, the matter was trivial. The Unicorn had only one goal in mind; head south. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the apparition was silent. Not a sound came from the dastardly spirit. Every query was dashed. Not even the usual painfully brutal tactics of the spirit were utilised. Not a thought appeared, not one intercepted.

This was making him uneasy, paranoid, constantly pondering what the apparition could be planning. Thankfully, his thoughts and his counterpart’s connection to them were severed on most occasions. Having regained control of most parts of his body, there was little that his foe could do other than attempt to feebly claw away at the renewed internal security of his mind, it had practically become a fortress.

The trotting was not of confidence, it was cautious. Equestrian Guards were known to be ruthless, their new doctrine of seek and destroy was not by any means merciful, Celestia has trained them well. Their stronghold was located near to the centre of the dreadful forest, Pegasi were scattered all over, constantly monitoring the perimeter.

Alas, it was not the Equestrians that were the apex predators of the forest. No, far from it. They were terrified of the true beasts that resided here. Chimeras, Manticores, Hydras, Serpents, the Cockatrice. There was no escape from these horrid abominations.

The roars were easily able to bring harrow to all Ponies, to the point of submission. But what was truly terrifying was the silence. They watched in the dark, surveying the road. Eerie screeches bellowing out of the trees.

By now, there were almost no number of creatures that could terrify the Unicorn. He often remarked that these creatures were trivial in the grand scheme of things, in fact, he enjoyed hunting them. A great source of digestible meat for the omnivorous Unicorn. Of course, Chimeras were the most appetizing, offering a variety of different exotic meals, Griffons would love to dine on these beasts. This gave him a mischievous grin. Chimera Diner, come to the Everfree for your taste of exotic Tiger-Goat-Snake thing.

Fish. Fish was still the greatest source of food. Rice isn’t an Equestrian specialty unfortunately, which destroys the prospect of noodles. This pondering was completely distracting. The Unicorn wasn’t paying his surroundings even the slightest attention. Now was the time to strike.

Acting on instinct, the Unicorn felt his body once again being taken over, the apparition jumps backwards, avoiding a death sentence from none other than a Hydra. Towering and menacing, the beast looks down at its prey, all heads lurching forwards to tear him apart.

Wuh-? Yo- Before he could even finish his thoughts, they were all cut away by a brief mental sting from the incorporeal Chaos. “I am trying to save us both.” He answers in honest, not many reasons to lie here.

Releasing a torrent of dark magic, each aiming at a head, the apparition-controlled Unicorn follows up with a dash towards the gargantuan Hydra. Unfortunately, one of the heads quickly swipes down and slams into the Pony, making him skid across the muddy floor and ending with an `oomph`.

The other heads of the Hydra were not so lucky, having felt a sensation magnitude beyond what they have experienced. It staggered, all heads except one writhing in agony. The body itself was rearing backwards. Roars were being blasted like foghorns.

“Urrghh… Worry not… Swift justice awaits.” Punctuating his sentence with a hiss, once more firing off dark magic. Precision is key. Those bolts made contact with the necks this time. Manacles appeared on them, chains connecting to each individual head. They wouldn’t be shackled for eternity; the Unicorn was reassured. This was only temporary.

Unfortunately, the Hydra then began a wild charge forward. Its body was…Say…10 times as large, slamming the Unicorn, who was one of the tallest of the entire species. The next moments were filled with gasps, panting and pained groans.

With a mighty thud, once more, the Unicorn’s form was slammed onto the cold muddy floor. Bones were audibly shattered, some even protruded out. Skin was ripped and bellowing blood. The body hasn’t been this badly damaged in almost an entire century. In fact, the pain could be felt from both sides of the body, one just felt the blunt of it.

Instead of screeching, what followed was a grunt. Coughing. Dark magic began mending the broken body. This process had to be quickened, the Hydra was fast approaching. Then, an idea. Most ideas from the apparition were not usually involving desperate methods of fighting… At this instant, magic swirled around the surroundings, finding the biggest tree there was and snatching it.

The many heads of the Hydra, which were still bound all looked in shock as the massive unrooted tree flew directly at them. It wasn’t a pleasant experience for the oversized lizard. Dazed and still in unprecedented amount of agonising pain, the Hydra was distracted.

This was the opportunity to escape, no more wasting magic. By now, the magic that had been used to mend had worn off, the skin was still severely ripped, but it no longer secreted blood and the bones had been fully repaired, albeit pain was still present.

With a quick dash, the apparition-controlled Unicorn began his escape. This will not be the end. A thought that frequented his mind, everlasting in situations such as this. Be it facing dozens of well-trained Equestrian Unicorns, great wild beasts, close encounters with the Princesses themselves. Of course, he never spoke it aloud.

Once at a safe distance, the apparition released control of the Unicorn, completely magically, mentally and physically exhausted. These feats of magic may have been simple, but keeping in control of the body was still draining.

He once more regained control of his body, this time, not through force. The control was given by the apparition. *We hath to recover once more. * These were the only thoughts relayed to the Unicorn.


Time Skip


Droplets of water, constantly hailing from the heavens. They brought with them a symphony that the Unicorn cherished. No constant combat, struggle for life or death, no escape from armour-clad Guards. Not even the difficulties of dealing with an evil counterpart. All, for a long time was well. There he trots, nearby the very same river that a century ago, he had learned telekinesis magic. It was quiet, not even the constant infuriating noise of the apparition. Though, the two sides of one body had their relationship smoothen after constant infighting, sometimes quite literally.

Fortunately, the Unicorn’s plans were safe, not having been jeopardised by his sometimes horrifyingly similar counterpart, thought the close encounter with certain death was unnerving. He realised he shouldn’t have been so surprised, they are almost the exact same individual, just with more extremes in belief and principle, ideology and doctrine. They bickered like siblings, one only wished for a simple existence whilst being immortal and almighty in the process, the other only wished to feed on magic and torment that which he saw fit, having inherited the darkest desires and immoral wishes.

“Doth-“ Cough “Nay, no. Is your memory intact enough to remember that novella, The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde?” His memories of the novella were…Not exactly the fondest, but he found it intriguing. A story of which the good Doctor acted out his greatest and foulest desires through the terrible Hyde. This, along with the very real Jack the Ripper fascinated him. Though, the novella and event were not the most interesting things he had ever known. There were other books, no doubt none of them exist here in Equestria.

“Calais?” The Unicorn spoke with a chuckle.

This stirred the apparition instantly, a nickname for the name it had chosen. What?! Oh-uh-we-Apologies.” Not popular with the spirits. “Tis’ Chaos, not Calais, that shalt be removed from thine vocabulary.” It removed itself from the Unicorn once more, levitating next to him. “We hast heard of this novella, yes. Thou intend to compare us to it? Vast amounts of rain water began bombarding the Everfree.

“You read my…Thou already read my mind…Occasionally…This old English speech is getting to me. Stop converting me.” Punctuating his words with an annoyed groan, dragging it out for as long as possible, the opposite effect occurred, his counterpart only found it amusing, and clapped his miasma-like hooves together. “Also, why are you so much more talkative?” Curiosity.

“Heh. We find the simplest things funny. Thou will be converted, indoctrinated into the olden English! Fear my might!” Evil-No, laughter followed, though, both of their laughter almost always sounded malevolent, it seemed to be a natural trait.

“For thy latter query, we speak more because we hath recovered enough. No longer art we in a terrible mood.” The reception to this was hooves wrapping around the cloud, hugging. Surprised by this action, the dust cloud of damnation materialised itself into a shade-pony temporarily, this was extremely draining on the magic department, but he did not care.

“I forgive you,” The Unicorn looked to his counterpart who was unsurprisingly stunned. “I deeply apologise for all the wrong-doings I have committed against you during your creation. I had never realised my very own emotions could revolt against me.” This was followed by tightening the hug. “Put the past behind, purge it, it matters little.”

“Uh-I…We-I uh.” Forgiving? All that torment, that century… “But…We…” No. He’s right, the bitter hatred has only brought them ruin. In this brief moment of respite, he could feel the phantom pain receding. “But…Why do you forgive us? After all we hath done, very few debts have been paid.” He felt there was slightly more to this.

“You. Thou are the reason why we still persist, are you not? I realised that I would have never attained such powers without you. In addition, you have saved my existence from being cut short by an oversized lizard. Immortality. Power. I- I realise that this is something I have always desired. One who shares in my ideals, in my image. Well…I am starting to sound like you, me, both of us.” He released the poor ghostly stunned dark shade-like Unicorn.

“You were born of my blood, my flesh, my very thoughts, technically, you could be classified as my son. But…I’d rather keep us as…Siblings. Don’t think about it too much.” The Unicorn could think of a myriad of great scenarios where that could be turned into a movie reference.

“We…No, I agree with you.” Dropping the archaic, the apparition and Unicorn continued their stroll next to the river. “It has been a whole century, even I couldn’t keep that bitter. I have found that…Speaking to you has been enjoyable. You mostly aren’t at fault for my suffering in the mind.” The creation has full sentience, what Humanity fears the most. It is not machine, it is man-uh-pony.

Clouds began to part, revealing the radiant sun at its peak. The two Unicorns revelled in its shine, though, it was awfully scorching day. Still, it beat the cold, completely dark nights, where merely looking around was a chore. Not even Dark Magic users are resistant to the elements of nature. Dark magic users have dwindled since the founding of Equestria, the Royal Guard had become efficient in hunting down these foes.

Necromancers and their minions have been felled. Vamponies even. Mostly brigands, though these worthless bandits had crumbled in power since the destruction of their first by the hands of the apparition. Ironic, this makes hiding from the Guards ponies more difficult. Its almost impressive how peaceful Equestria is depicted in the show, perhaps all of these pitiful annoyances had been destroyed long ago. Its honestly quite worrying, Celestia could be a ruthless slaughtering machine at times. Well, the Unicorn(s) couldn’t really speak much, their crimes were already on par with some of the most brutal. Though, all of the time, they remained as non-lethal as they could on innocents.

Thought such as this frequented the century old Unicorn, paranoia wasn’t a big factor, he knew eventually that the Guards will catch onto his antics. Then, he realised that both he and his comrade/archnemesis were silent, the only sounds came from breathing and the contact of hooves on the forest floor.

It was rare quiet moments like this, where the vivid scenery with the added aroma that calmed the two. Not even the ever-present mental pain was bothering the apparition. Ironically, they were in harmony, no fighting here. Though, the tranquillity would be shattered into millions of unidentifiable pieces in mere moments.

Suddenly, dozens of Equestrian Unicorn and Pegasi Guards appeared to encircle the pair, having caught them off-guard during their brief moment of observing scenery. This time, unlike the prior attempts to capture the dark Unicorn, they were armed to the hoof, having tracked them down for many days.

This time, it wasn’t a patrol or small gathering of Guards, this time it was almost a platoon’s worth of Guards. Their armour shone in sunlight, glorious golden and most likely useless armour. Fortunately, that was only the decorative part, under all of that gold was proper mail and padding. Gold seemed to be a resource in abundance, they had the metal everywhere. Equestria really was a paradise.

The Guards closed in, Unicorns casting an anti-teleportation bubble around the entire area, in addition, casting shields before themselves. As a taste of irony, the blinding spell was also casted in the direction of the dark Unicorns.

The blinding wasn’t effective against an opponent whose eyes were luminescent. Acting quickly, the apparition took control of his Unicorn companion, charging a huge amount of dark magic into his left hoof, slamming it into the cold, damp muddy floor. A ripple followed suit, a collective gasp, some Unicorn Guards collapsed onto the ground, others only dazed and unsteady.

The Pegasi saw no more reason to wait, charging in all at once, spears in hoof pointing directly at their target. A shield was swiftly raised and stopped them dead in their tracks. The Dark Unicorn wasn’t escaping without at least a scratch, the Guard Unicorns recomposed themselves and fired off beam after beam of magic, scorching the area surrounding the retreating Unicorn.

Almost at an instant, the Dark Unicorn halted and turned at speed, mist billowed from seemingly nowhere, striking at the pursuers. The shroud had overtaken the entire area as soon as the Pegasi had catched up. Laughter, pure arrogant laughter exploded from the miasma. Despite all the preparation, mental training against mist-terrors and shade ponies, the Guards could not withstand the sharp pain that came with the mist. Many broke down crying as the pain wouldn’t cease.

Let them go, do not break my trust, Chaos. The Unicorn had genuine worry in its mentally conjured voice as he scanned the area, looking at those poor souls on the ground. As the conjurer of the mist, or rather the host of the body, he could see perfectly through it, like transparent glass. I said let them go.

*I am sorry, I am obligated to take their magic, I… I believe I have become addicted to this damned power; I can’t go without it…I need more…It soothes the pain I feel…* The magic siphoning had begun, those who had felt the sharp pain before yelped and writhed. The two sides of one body had approached what seemed to be the leading Guard, one in the most well decorated armour.

“F-Fiend…” He screeched; fiend seemed to be a favourite amongst Equestrians. In addition, this Guard could see past the shades. He had been trained well, the pain was too much to bear, though. “Thou s-shalt not succeed…Gurrghh…” This was highly amusing to the apparition, despite his brief speech about siphoning magic, he still very much enjoyed the Ponies’ suffering, it gratified him.

The Unicorn placed a hoof on his downed opponent, personally ensuring the magic was taken away. Without the crown, converting regular Unicorn magic into dark magic was difficult and exhausting. Then, the most predictable action occurred; the Pony threw a punch at his assailer. The punch was surprisingly hard, enhanced by magic and the studded metal horse shoe. The blow landed directly onto the dark pony’s muzzle, upon contact, there was a small combustion.

For that moment, the Unicorn was distracted and slightly pained, then, a flurry of blows from the hooves of the Guard leader. Brute force was unsurprisingly effective, this, combined with the exhaustion faced from using such vast amount of dark magic caused the dark pony to stagger backwards, the mist almost immediately dispersed.

“Beaten by a guard…Ugh…” The fatigue forced him to collapse, now surrounded by aggravated Guards. The Pegasi swooped down and grabbed all four of his hooves. The group leader was now in front of him, taking out an experimental anti-magic ring and firmly placing it onto the horn. This was embarrassing. The crown meant everything, and without the precious artefact, it was so easy to become magically exhausted with the sheer calibre of dark magic utilised.

Perhaps it is well deserved, but as soon as he was incapacitated, the Unicorns punched him into oblivion, kicking the Unicorn’s form and battering the battle armour worn. This pain meant nothing, he was used to it, but his body wasn’t, the primary host wasn’t. At that point, the body shut down, all went black.


Time Skip


The vast expanse. This disorderly realm in the mind scape. It was truly baffling how fast one’s own world could crumble so fast. The sky was falling down, quite literally. As the world cascaded around, Chaos could only wonder where its architect was located. Perhaps, at the spire? The apparition, and by extension the Unicorn’s mind always loved towering structures, they bring menace and authority. A particular taste of grace and grandeur. Through all of the pondering, the world still collapsed around him, it was becoming a blank canvas, only the spire remained.

Breaking into gallop, the apparition only had one thing on his mind, find the one willing to forgive. Scaling the tower would be the most challenging and tedious task. But it seemed to stretch on for eternity, every floor was an exact replica of the previous, only higher. This was going to take a while.


Time Skip


The armour screeched along the cobbled paths of the Everfree Castle. The Dark Unicorn was dragged on the floor, escorted by a cohort of Guards ponies. This was their greatest catch yet, having evaded them for an entire century. Unfathomable for those who only live to their fifth decade maximum. Medication hasn’t advanced very far since the days of Unicornia.

At the gates, Princess Celestia herself stood at watched the captured pony with anger, the `Lord` of fear, what a ridiculous title. He deserved severe punishment, beyond hanging, drawing and quartering. Since he was immortal, he will suffer a century of agonising torture to repent for his century of tormenting.

‘He shall break’ Celestia was sure of it, the world had to be rid of this foul magic and all of its bearers. "Send him to the dungeon, the deepest cell.” A mischievous grin appeared on her face, in addition, chuckling with a great hint of malevolence. “When we art done, we shalt hath peace.”

Moments later, the unconscious Unicorn had shackles restraining all four of his hooves, chains attached to his armour pieces holding him in place. Speaking of armour, the equipment seemed to be bound magically by the user, and it was tough. This was a century of metallurgy practice at work. One wonders how many variants of armour Chaos had to go through until he created the latest variant.

The Unicorn himself appeared to still be unconscious, immediately they attempted methods to wake him. First came a bucket of freezing water, it wasn’t particularly effective. Then, noise, prodding, shaking, anything. He just didn’t wake up. They knew that the pony hadn’t been killed, his breathing was still regular.

At this moment, life seemed to stir, the Unicorn grunted, immediately alerting the Guards to his awakening.


Perspective Switch


It was at this instant, that the world, the spire, everything collapsed. Then, sounds of the outside, of familiarity, the clashing of armour plates. He had failed to reach the host; the tower had never ceased to grow. Now, a blurry haze clouded his vision, barely even being able to see forward. There were guards clad in gold, they were the easiest to distinguish. Magic failed to work, no matter how hard he tried.

Then, a Unicorn in the centre, no, Alicorn. Damn it. This was it; this is where he will be deleted from existence, he thought. Moving his hooves around, he noticed they were bound by cold hard steel. He had nothing to say to them. Merely smirking. Even as they brought out devices clearly meant for torture; he did nothing other than smile. No, he wasn’t a masochist, he despised feeling the extreme version of migraine every single second of his existence. But his mentor had told him never to falter, at least he could honour the now captive spirit.

Most of the torture devices match the description of torture. Well, mostly just cause you extreme agony. This is already making him miss the moments of tranquillity, though, this was destined to happen due to his escapade a century ago, so no arguments can be made.

Everything was clear, an enclosed damp cell, chains all around, guards clad in gold, the Sun Alicorn before him. After he had gained full awareness of his surroundings, the Alicorn discharged multiple spells, aiming for the hooves. They made contact, causing the Unicorn to kneel. He could feel the magic coursing through the appendages, but he chuckled.

The Solar Princess was displeased, raising a hoof and battering the Unicorn’s muzzle. He merely looked back, not a hint of bother in his eyes. “All of these mundane methods of torture, thou insult me, Princess.” In truth, he was in fact worried, not for himself but for the host. But he taunted the Princess anyway.

“Silence! Thou dare to speak?! Thou shalt serve thine punishment for thy actions against mine Ponies!” Celestia exploded, she was beyond infuriated. Mercilessly ripping a blade from her guard and piercing it deep into the taunting Unicorn. She had expected a loud yelp, screech, shriek, anything.

Instead, what the Princess received was a chuckle. As she withdrew the blade, there lacked a red stain, no blood gushed out of the supposed wound. She saw that it had become mist. Hissing, she raised a hoof, attempting to strike the Pony of damnation. He avoided it, despite almost being completely chained.

“Thou may believe thyself to be so powerful. But we know thou art weak, we can sense it, the loss of black magic.” Celestia held the Pony in place with telekinesis, following it was a chain of lightning, scorching the pony. She knew he was resistant enough to survive mere lightning. After all, she had been lucky with this Pony, having been in combat minutes before her guard decided to strike.

“We hath waited long for this.” Chuckling in malign, Celestia continued the electric shock, but soon noticed it was not giving the intended effects. The Unicorn before her merely gritted his teeth and took in all of the lightning, despite all of the pain coursing through his innards.

“What?” This is all Celestia could muster at that moment, the damned Pony was actually smirking! A hiss escaped him, left eye twitching, hooves incapable of movement. “Thou art a Unicorn, we art correct in that assessment, yes?” Usually, by now the tortured would’ve broken down, the intense pain would be unbearable.

“Alicorn, Cruelestia, I-I may not -hurk- have thine durability, but my will carries on. You can’t break me.” He laughed, followed by madly coughing, which was promptly followed by chuckling. The Alicorn stopped her lethal method of torture, watching as her victim completely fall. The body was in too much agony to function. “Mend me, and w-we can-“ He coughed “continue tomorrow…” Then, once more darkness, why couldn’t it be something different?

“Cruelestia? What th-“ It took the Sun Alicorn a whole second to process. That was the last thing he heard before drifting off to unconsciousness.


Time Skip


He sat there, staring into the infinite alabaster mindscape. He could not even hear the apparition, sighing. He had put so much trust in the one he called a sibling. Once more, he sat waiting for control to be returned, he called out, waiting for a response. No response came back. A great wall of what seemed to be magic appeared separating his mindscape in two. Any interaction with the barrier result in the skin being scorched. Fortunately, the mindscape was able to repair him in an instant.

It was silent, his mind was supposed to be disorderly, chaotic, a world which he could manipulate at whim. It was dull. A mundane world, lacking even the most basic detail. Then, the sky turned crimson, a new sensation had been brought with it; pain. It stung, not to the extent of the combat from earlier, but still it was unpleasant.

Dark clouds were covering the sky, this would usually signal rain, but here; it signalled arrival. The apparition fell from the heavens on the other side of the barrier. This time, he was not ascended back into control. His body was unconscious once more.

The two Unicorns were now staring at each other, a magical barrier separating them. The host glared at his creation, not yet understanding why he did not respond to the pleas.

“Tell me, why did you not respond?” The apparition looked confused, he tapped at his ears. “Why did you block me from the view?” His face was still one of perplexity. “What is this magical barrier? Answer!” The Unicorn host was now irritated.

On the other side, the apparition watched as his companion yelled out nothing. Not a sound came from the other side. This barrier, it must’ve been created by whatever magical inhibiting device the Equestrians were utilising.

Cursing under his breath, he knew that waiting to wake up would be the only option available to him. He tried manipulating the mindscape, but nothing occurred, not even matter. Celestia wouldn’t just incinerate him on the spot, would she? Oh no, isn’t Celestia a ruthless Dictator now? No, she’s just ruthless in hunting down evil-doers.

The two now just stared at each other, unmoving, their eyes never moving away from each other. All around, the mindscape reshaped itself, twisting and moulding. The end result was the Everfree, the dimly lit forest showered by torrential rain. O’ joy. O’ bliss. Unfortunately, the forest was only semi-completed, as it attempted to move pass the barrier, all that was created was dead and dying foliage, flora and fauna.

“Ist this what thou think of me? Wasteland, desolate, evicted of life. What about forgiveness?” He sighed; eyes fixated on the artificial cold muddy floor. With the sighing concluded, Chaos sat himself down and rested. None of this was real, it didn’t bother him. Why should it? What compelled him to be bothered at this moment? He could feel all thoughts colliding at once.

On the other side, the Unicorn inhaled all of the fresh, false air around, the sensation of wild life and nature, the aroma, it calmed him. No longer was there any anger directed towards his companion, despite their hijacking of his body. This would be temporary, correct? No, they couldn’t even communicate.

Mere moments later, a great beam of light shone down onto the Unicorn, enveloping him in light, it was his turn to wake, not the damnable apparition’s. Forgiven apparition, do not betray your promises. Then, a chuckle. “Bon voyage.” Finally, control once more.


Time Skip


Those white eyes flared open, glancing around at the cell. There are two guards on duty, steadfast and standing to attention. Both noticing the now awakening Unicorn. Then, the dim glow recedes, the pure white pupils are replaced by brown. This time, the Unicorn seemed to be surprised to see chains and shackles.

“W-where are we?” Slightly distraught, the Unicorn opted to taking a wild guess, he was most likely in the Everfree Castle, but he required confirmation. Though, his question went un-answered. The blank emotionless expressions exclusive to guards were kept, the duo most likely suspected that this was part of some grand deception laid out by his counterpart, thus keeping quiet. Laying his head low, he sighed, there must be a way to convince these soldiers.

Composing himself, inhaling and exhaling, he scanned around once more. He checked all body parts for damage and noticed plenty of scorch marks all over the armour and coat. If he had ever bothered to learn whistling, then the guards’ ears would cease to function by now.

Despite all of the observation and planning, the Unicorn failed to formulate a strategy. The prospect of brute force was appealing at first, however he lacked the strength required to destroy his chains. This dungeon must’ve been underground, so breaking the walls would lead nowhere.

Usually, this is where there would be a sigh. But the Unicorn kept to the blissful silence, occasionally ruined by the chains which bound him. After uncountable minutes have passed, the guards and Unicorn just stared at each other, motionless. This must’ve been quite a regular occurrence. The guards seemed to be content just standing there. Were they even real? Hold on, were they magical constructs?

Clever girl. Guards had to be stoic, so why not replace them with replicas? He had to test this theory. Struggling in his binds, using all the strength he could possibly muster. It failed. He failed. But the theory was proven, the guards didn’t even move an inch. These chains must’ve been incredibly reinforced for them to not bother with security. Most likely they were hunting once more, wolves hunting wolves.

I do have an idea…It may sound absolutely idiotic and counter-productive, but what else am I to do? These binds are getting on my nerves. Immediately following up with his inner monologue, he began mustering all of the dark magic, Unicorn magic and semi-converted magics together to destroy the magical-inhibitor. Oh, I do hope this succeeds.

Rolling his eyes up, he watched as the ring began to crack. Of course, the Unicorn did not understand the intricacies or mechanics of the device. However, it seemed to be discharging magic rather slowly. Perhaps it was overflowing and the volatile nature of dark magic meant that it was destroying itself. That’s a theory, though the facts are presenting themselves.

Then, it exploded into shrapnel, the Unicorn shut his eyes and braced. Then, dark magic flowed through his horn. He laughed. Energy flowed back into the body, and with that, he destroyed all of the chains at once. Black magic shot out disintegrating them all at once. Levitating the remaining pieces of the chains, he began moulding. Creating a new crown for him to don.

Stretching, he continued the laughter. Until finally, the crown was created. This time, he would find himself a crystal.

Now, let us go explain ourselves.