• Published 20th Dec 2019
  • 2,947 Views, 108 Comments

Of Copy Abilities and Friendship - MeeM

  • ...
3
 108
 2,947

Chapter 9: A Sinking Feeling

Chapter 9:A Sinking Feeling

Driblee looked around the room they were given to sleep in until tomorrow, it had black chitin like floors and see-through slime curtains that separated her from the balcony, it was passable but still, nothing compared to the room she had back in her castle in the center of the underground lake kingdom back in Dreamland. Marx was humming a peaceful song to the twinkle of the stars while doing short hops to the beat on his ball.

“You want to meditate for a bit?” she asked Marx

Sure why not” Marx said, Marx sat down and she recoiled her tail to sitting position, they took a few deep inhales and exhales before becoming completely silent, their magic power grew a bit. She decided to take a look at Marx’s inner soul and see how it’s doing, she felt her consciousness leave her before taking a look, it looked the same as always the devilish and chaotic aura around it was still there, and its appearance was unchanged too. The larger fangs, the blood-red wings, the more purple colors making up them, the crossed eyed face, the golden necklace around him, the puffs in place of his hat’s pom-poms, and the ever hanging out tongue that was dripping blood onto the weird moving hexagonal floor under them, and the distance looked like colored explosions.


“What do you want?” it asked

“I was going to check up on you” she told it

“Do you still remember that I can do anything?” it said “well that is except controlling the stupid body I was cursed into to do anything in the outside world at all”

Driblee sighed "yes of course I remember that" "when I first came to you and had to fight you, you screamed that same thing the entire time along with the word chaos".

"Exactly" it said

she sighed again as she began to leave back to her own body, but just before she did she heard the soul say one last thing

"at some point, you know I'll break free again, and when that happens you'll be helpless and by yourself" "nothing can stop the inevitable chaos that awaits you so don't waste your precious time talking to me next time"


“Marx what can we do now?” Driblee said “Chrysalis said she’ll help us get to that Canterlot place but who knows how long it will take to find the others if their not there, with an entirely new world to explore from top to bottom just to find them all it could take ages, and I'm scared of what could possibly happen to them out there”

“Don’t worry sweetheart, we’ll find them I'm sure of it?” Marx said to lift Driblee’s spirts “and besides, we both know that Kirby can handle himself regardless”

“So what're your opinions on the changelings?” Marx asked

“I don’t trust them, they look like bugs, sleep in weird green things, and feeds on the love from others, that is just a recipe for disaster in my opinion,” Driblee said with a nervous tone to her voice as she fidgeted with her pearl necklace

“it’s probably even a type of recipe that Kawasaki would not appreciate” Marx joked before chuckling.

“I’m going to go look at the stars,” Driblee said as she turned toward the balcony

she pushed aside the slimy curtains and gazed up at the star-filled sky, on the horizon far far far away even with her enhanced eyesight she could just barely make out the outline of Popstar. All the planets around it looked in good condition too, Ripple star was still happy, the sun and moon of popstar were still doing their cycles and Popstar’s rings shone brightly, the Jambastion was also gone thanks to Zan Partizanee destroying the core in a last-ditch effort to destroy them. Driblee sighed, she missed her kingdom and her subjects

“they must be getting so worried” Driblee thought to herself and in her homesickness, she began to feel different, she didn’t feel in control of herself she couldn’t even speak! She saw herself raising her fins high in the air...

Driblee’s eyes began to glow a dark green, Marx hopped off his ball and ran over Driblee he looked into the distance and extended his eyesight with his magic and saw a massive wave forming and growing higher!

“Driblee what are you doing!” Marx yelled in distress, Driblee didn’t move or even pay any attention to him

“Snap out of it!” he yelled as he kicked her in the cheek. Driblee’s eyes stopped glowing and returned to their normal blue state as she slammed against the small balcony wall

“what did just I do?!” Driblee asked in panic.

“You completely lost it once you were out here a few minutes, your eyes started glowing green and you were raising a giant wave of water!” Marx explained “at least it should be down by now, I snapped you out of it by kicking you in the cheek” “sorry for that by the way” Marx apologized

“it's ok, I don’t know what came over me,” Driblee said with an embarrassed look on her face, Marx almost saw her blush a bit.

“let's just get to sleep before whatever came over you comes back,” Marx said

they then walked/slithered back into their room with the two putting their heads to rest on Marx’s ball, and soon they drifted off into the deepness of sleep.

Meanwhile just outside Marx and Driblee’s room…

“Blast!” Chrysalis said to herself as she began to retreat back to her chambers “those two are far more resilient to mind control magic than I thought” Chrysalis said with disgust in her voice “how else to get a hold of their love? Hmmm”.

Author's Note:

Meem: *Makes everyone think that the story will decrease in speed of release because of all the things he has to do*
Also Meem: THE NEXT CHAPTER IS ABOUT MARX LAST TIME I NEEDED TO MAKE A JOKE:pinkiecrazy::trollestia: