• Published 22nd Nov 2019
  • 953 Views, 8 Comments

Equestrian Musician - Jason Monroe



A musician is given a chance to regain his life. He just needs to win a game.

  • ...
5
 8
 953

Chapter 3: The Royal Pains

Author's Note:

If it wasn't obvious, I can't do the ye' olde speech.

Music Man's POV

As Light, Dark and I continued to talk the sun had fully set. They decided to go to sleep and offered a bed before I informed them that I was unable to sleep and that I did not need to sleep. They were shocked to hear this, but Light quickly understood why and her expression once again became that of pity. They told me good night while I simply wound up my music box in order to ensure that I would not fall asleep. I stared out at the beautiful night sky before walking outside of the house and staring at it while I thought. I had learned that, shortly before my arrival, a group of beings known as sirens had been stopped by a group known as the pillars. These sirens disgusted me because of their corrupted use of music. As I stared at the night sky a song came to mind and I started singing it calmly with my music box changing its melody to match the song as best as it could.

"Je T'aime, Je T'aime toujours. I am forever yours. Sweet dreams, sweet dreams, mon cher. You're always in my prayers. Softly, sweetly. Wrapped up in heaven's arms. Sailing, soaring. Over the moon gathering stardust. Be safe, be still, be sure. Je T'aime, Je T'aime toujours. Wishing, praying. All of your dreams come true. Please remember where 'er you are, my heart is with you. Sweet dreams, sweet dreams, mon cher. Always in my prayers. I am forever yours. Je T'aime. Je T'aime. Toujours."

I smiled and felt a sense of peace as my music box returned to it's normal melody before going back inside of the house.

The Next Morning

I had stayed up all night watching the sky and its beauty. I had seen several thestrals, as Light and Dark had called them, fly through the night sky wearing armor that looked similar to Light's armor. After a few hours the sun had risen and soon enough there was a battalion of armored ponies outside with two ponies that I could only assume were the princesses that Light and Dark had told me about. One of the armored unicorn stallions walked up to the door before pounding on it, causing Light to shout in surprise. After a few seconds, Light and a very upset looking Dark came out of their room.

"Good morning Music! What was the pounding about?" Light asked while Dark just grumbled as he sat down at the wooden table.

"There appears to be a battalion of armored ponies outside as well as both of the princesses that you told me about. Did you invite them here?" I asked out of curiosity as I grabbed my fedora off of the table.

Light's eyes widened as Dark shot up with wide eyes. They started whispering to eachother before nodding as Light went to answer the door.

"Hello. What are all of you doing here?" Light asked before being shoved aside violently as the stallion barged in. He looked around before seeing me and unsheathing his sword and turning back to the battalion and two princesses.

"IT'S IN HERE!" He shouted before turning back to me and pointing the sword at me. "Come with me creature and no one gets hurt." Said the stallion, who was smirking as if he expected me to attack. He was sufficiently confused when I simply nodded and put my fedora on before walking outside with my hands up as he walked behind me.

As I exited the house I noticed that every one of them, including the princesses, had weapons drawn. They all glared at me as if I was some monster.

"May I ask why it seems like I am being taken prisoner for simply existing?" I asked calmly, causing the entire group to look shocked that I didn't even try to attack. The princesses snapped out of their shock before the dark blue one, who I had been informed was Luna, spoke.

"We were informed by one of my men that you use music as a medium for using magic. Is that correct?" Luna asked while I smiled.

"That is correct your highness. I suppose that means I was seen singing last night. My apologies if it caused any problems, I just couldn't let such a beautiful night go without a song that is just as beautiful." I said while smiling as Luna blushed before going back to being professional.

"You are to either leave and never return or be locked in the dungeon." Luna said calmly with a stoic expression on her face. I went to answer before I felt my music box stop.

"Oh. That's bad. It appears that last song sped up my music box just a bit too much." Was all I said before my vision went dark.

3rd Person POV

As Music Man shut off, his body dropped down to a slumped over sitting position as his chest opened up and a platform with a music box attached to it extended out. The guards quickly picked him up while the princesses looked at eachother before nodding.

"We are taking this being to the dungeon at once." Celestia announced before walking back to the chariots. Luna followed after her sister, though the Music Man's words continued to ring throughout her mind. Shouting could be heard as Light and Dark yelled and screamed at them for taking their newest friend.