• Published 22nd Nov 2019
  • 951 Views, 8 Comments

Equestrian Musician - Jason Monroe



A musician is given a chance to regain his life. He just needs to win a game.

  • ...
5
 8
 951

Chapter 5: ...Are Best Left Alone.

Music Man's POV

I slowly felt my sense of touch returning to me as my music box retracted into my chest, destroying the vines that had grown around it and my chest. As my sense of touch came back I felt the vines and plant life that had grown on me and broke my left arm free before starting to rip off the rest of the plants.

"Um...Hello." A quiet voice said from in front of me, which caused me to turn my head towards the voice. I saw the yellow mare looking at me through her pink mane and smiled at how cute she looked. I slowly stood up and looked around for my fedora before sighing, as it was nowhere to be seen.

"Greetings. I do not remember my real name, so I must ask that you call me Music Man for the time being. It is a pleasure to meet you." I said while bowing a little before standing back up. As I stood up I noticed seven more mares behind the, currently blushing, yellow mare. It took me a second to recognize the two in the back as Celestia and Luna, which caused me to kneel.

"It is a pleasure to see you again your highnesses." I said before standing back up and brushing off my tuxedo. "We never got a chance to have a proper conversation, though I already know quite a bit about Luna from all of the times she came down here and vented her frustrations to me. I was quite saddened when everyone vanished a thousand years ago. If you wouldn't mind me asking, what happened to Angelic Light and Demonic Dark's son, Harmonic Element?" I asked, causing most of the mares to look shocked, though Luna was blushing and looked embarrassed. Celestia shook her head and walked towards me with a serious look on her face. I quickly held up my hand while smiling, causing her to stop.

"I'd refrain from coming much closer. The structural integrity of this structure leaves much to be desired and, from the stories Lulu told me thousands of years ago, you seem to eat quite a lot of cake. It's fairly obvious that that has not changed what with that backside of yours." I said while running my left hand through my hair, causing Celestia's face to go red out of embarrassment and for Luna, the cyan mare and the pink mare to laugh hysterically while the others looked shocked at my words.

"I'll have you know that I have cut back on the cake! Now tell us why you have only just now decided to wake up after thousands of years!" Celestia shouted as her expression changed from embarrassment to anger as she charged up magic in her horn.

"No one wound my music box." I said calmly, causing Celestia to stop in confusion while the others, save the yellow mare, joined her in her confusion.

"Why would it matter if a stupid music box was wound or not? It's just something foals use to help them sleep because, unlike me, they're afraid." Said the cyan pegasus mare, who was currently flying. Hearing her words filled me with anger for some reason, though it was probably because of my love of music and the fact that my music box keeps me alive.

"I would refrain from saying bad things about any musical instrument while I am around, lest I pull you down to the ground. Now to answer your question, my music box is what keeps me alive. When it stops playing I enter a state in which I can see and hear everything happening around me, but I am unable to do anything. This body is not my original one, as evidence by the fact that it is entirely metal and that my soul has been bound to my music box. Yes I do understand that you would call that necromancy, though there wasn't any magic used in the process. I may not have any personal memories, but I do remember enough to explain my current situation." I said calmly while the unicorns and the princesses gasped upon hearing that I am, to them, a creation of necromancy, leaving the others confused about what they were gasping about.

I could see Celestia and the unicorns charging up their horns while Luna looked conflicted. I just smiled because I knew that my metallic body was not in any danger. The yellow mare noticed the others charging their horns and, to my surprise, stood in front of me as if to stop them from attacking me.

"Pardon me miss, but why are you stopping those three from firing at me? I am in no danger of being harmed as my body cannot be destroyed no matter what happens to it. They lost their chance to hurt me the moment my music box was back in my chest." I explained while looking confused as the yellow mare put herself in danger. The others seemed to be just as confused as I was by the yellow mare's act of kindness. She turned around and smiled at me as she looked into my rainbow eyes.

"I didn't want them to hurt you for no reason. You haven't done anything to hurt us and have answered any questions that we asked you. My name is Fluttershy and, if you don't mind me asking, what did you mean when you said that the princesses wouldn't be able to hurt you?" Fluttershy asked while smiling and hiding behind her hair a little bit. I couldn't help but chuckle at how adorable she was being before I nodded.

"My body was designed to be completely impervious to all attacks. The only part of my body that can be easily destroyed is my music box, which is hidden inside of my chest unless I take it out so I can wind it up. This is so that I don't need to worry about dying from an accident before I start looking for the being that gave me this second chance at life. Now I must apologize, but I should be on my way. Until we meet again." I said while bowing at the end before jumping up through a hole in the ceiling and starting to walk away.

Author's Note:

My apologies for how long it took to write this chapter. I just ran short on ideas for how to continue. I recently figured out how to finish it, though I am sorry that you had to wait so long for an average length chapter.