• Published 22nd Nov 2019
  • 952 Views, 8 Comments

Equestrian Musician - Jason Monroe



A musician is given a chance to regain his life. He just needs to win a game.

  • ...
5
 8
 952

Chapter 2: Introductions

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shorter chapter I just have so many ideas that I want to work with that it gets difficult to focus on a single story. I don't want to start another because I already have trouble updating the current ones but I also don't want to forget the ideas that I have, so I am going to ask; would you like another story? If so here are my current ideas: A French ex-navy pirate with the ability to control water in any of its forms(water molecules to be specific), the twin brother of Jason Monroe from Universal Traveller, a Dullahan like the ones from Irish folklore, or....the son of Jason Monroe.

Music Man’s POV

Me and Angelic Light arrived at a city in a clearing just outside the forest with a castle in the center of it all. We were stopped at the gate for a second because of my odd look, but we were let in as soon as they confirmed that I had no weapons. I wasn't particularly bothered by being stopped, though the equine features definitely threw me off still.

After walking for a while we arrived at Light’s stone house and she opened the door letting me walk inside first. As I did so I felt something hit my head before turning to see what it was. My glassy eyes widened upon seeing a purely black male figure holding his hand in pain, suggesting that he had just punched me in the head and was hurt because of my metal body and rainbow strands of titanium hair.

“Are you alright, sir?” I asked while looking at his injury as Light walked in after me. She gasped at seeing the man hurt before understanding what happened and sighing.

“Dark. How many times have I told you not to attack anypony on sight?” Light said before walking over to him and casting a minor healing spell, causing his cuts to close.

“I’m sorry Light but I was worried about that thing! It doesn't look natural and, as I just found out, is made of metal!” The man, who I now knew was Dark, said before glaring at me while I just smiled at him and bowed while taking my fedora off.

“My sincerest apologies sir. I did not mean to hurt you or scare you. I was simply accepting Miss Light’s offer to stay at her house as a thank you for helping her.” I said while standing up and keeping my fedora off. After all, it would be rude to wear a hat while inside a building.

“Is that so? And how exactly did you help my wife? From what I can see, you don't have any weapons on you and your body doesn't have any dents or scratches so I doubt that you helped her fight.” Dark said with suspicion in his voice. Light smirked before gesturing for me to show him.

“Are you sure that would be wise? After all I don't have a target this time.” I said with hesitation in my voice as I was nervous about trying my powers without a specific target. Light seemed to be in thought before she smiled.

“You can use me as the target since I know what's going to happen!” Light said happily taking me by surprise before I shrugged and took out the Slek again, only this time a different song appeared in my mind. It was calm and soothing and it appeared as if Light was becoming sleepy until I stopped playing causing her to fall asleep. Dark seemed worried until they heard Light’s light snoring. We both chuckled at this and Dark looked me in the eyes before smiling.

“I don't trust you just yet, but your magic is interesting to say the least as it appears to be connected to music.” Dark said calmly before using his magic to wake up Light, which was interesting to watch as he seemed to excel at the use of dark magic. Light jolted awake as a hand made of shadows slapped her across the face.

“Ow!” Light said while rubbing her cheek as she looked up and noticed that she was on the ground.

“Huh. That was different from before, but I guess it proved my point nonetheless.” She said before standing up and smiling.

“Music Man, I would like you to meet my coltfriend Demonic Dark. Dark, I would like you to meet the stallion that saved my life from a manticore Music Man.” She said while gesturing to the each of us respectively.

“As I said before, it is a pleasure to meet you sir.” I said while Dark just grinned.

“It is a pleasure to meet you as well, even if I don't know what you are.” Dark said with a chuckle while Light walked away into a different room.

This seems like it will be rather interesting. I thought to myself as Dark lead me to a sitting room and we began to converse about me, though I was asking questions about this place in general as I needed to know more about my current location. I wasn't certain of anything, but one thing was clear; I needed to find that Hated Saint and get some answers.