• Published 1st Dec 2019
  • 632 Views, 26 Comments

Shattered Holidays - FourShadow



It's Christmastime, which means its time to prepare!

  • ...
1
 26
 632

A 'Perfect' Christmas Date

Author's Note:

Triagio fluff. Because I love Triagio fluff.

Enjoy! :twilightsmile:

It was another December evening. The cold winds continued to blow, and people were still making their preparations for Christmas in a few weeks. Everyone at this time of night was already hope, just hoping to stay warm during the cold evenings and enjoy the festivities as much as they could.

As for Adagio Dazzle, she had to make this evening perfect. Her girlfriend was coming over for a romantic evening, and it had to be just right. Romantic ambience? Check. Food? In progress. Festive Christmas sweater? Double check. Everything seemed perfect, it had to have been. Everything, every last little thing.

"Okay, there has to be something I'm missing," Adagio said out loud. She tapped her heel on the floor, thinking. "But what?" She stopped for a second, until she snapped her fingers. "Curtains, of course." She walked over to the window of the penthouse balcony and opened up the curtains, allowing some views of the snow outside in the night come into view. "A little view of outside never hurt anyone. Hmm... ooh, music, of course."

She walked over to a small stand where an old radio was sitting and she adjusted the knobs, searching for the station. Some sound was coming through... for a few seconds and then the radio just dropped dead.

"No no no no no, come on!" Adagio snapped. She slapped the side of the radio, hoping it would just come back to life on it's own, but it didn't. No miracles were happening tonight. "Great. They told me not to fix this, I should have listened, why didn't I listen!?" She pulled at her hair.

And breaking her little train of thought was the sound of the doorbell ringing. Dang it, she wasn't ready! But she didn't like keeping her girlfriend outside for so long, or else she'd leave. She had to answer the door NOW.

"Coming!" She called.

She stopped in front of a mirror, quickly adjusting her hair and checking her makeup. Before walking to the door, she turned her head to take one gaze at her backside, smirking. Still had that sexy flair.

Adagio opened the door, and on the other side was, who else?

"Trixie!" Adagio squeed, picking up her girlfriend and swinging her around.

"Hey Dagi," Trixie smiled, nuzzling her. "How are you?"

"Doing very well, thank you. Oooh, I love the sweater," Adagio purred.

Indeed, Trixie was wearing a Christmas sweater. A nice dark blue one with white snowflakes and with a tree covered in snow in the middle.

"Thanks Dagi," Trixie smiled, giving her a quick kiss. "I hope you don't mind, I brought a sleeping bag to spend the night?"

"I don't mind at all, any night I can to snuggle with you is an automatic win," Adagio grinned.

Trixie sniffed the air and her eyes shrunk a little. "Is something burning?"

Now Adagio's pupils shrunk. "Oh no..." She ran back to the kitchen with a fearful face. "Not again..." Opening up the oven she was covered in smoke. "Oh no! They're ruined!" She quickly grabbed them and threw them onto the counter, clearly burnt by the fact they were nothing but completely black.

Adagio's hands scrunched at her face and she was starting to shake.

"I... No, I can fix this, I can salvage this!" Adagio said, putting her foot down. "I am not going to let this go down, I can--"

And just lifting a single spatula underneath to lift it... and then it was reduced to ash. Adagio's hand dropped the spatula and she yanked at her hair.

"Oh..."

"Hey, hey, hey! It's okay," Trixie said, waving her hands. "It's okay." She cupped Adagio's hands. "Let me call someone, okay?"

30 Minutes Later

Admittedly, pizza wasn't the most romantic of foods, but it didn't stop Adagio from keeping the mood nice and romantic. Red and green Christmas lights were in the air, with a few soft candles flickering. Adagio and Trixie were still able to eat together, sitting across from each other with romantic mood lighting.

"So... how's your pizza?" Trixie asked, hesitant.

Adagio couldn't stay mad at Trixie. "I'll admit. It's pretty good."

Trixie smiled back. "I'm glad."

"Thanks again for calling that pizza place. I didn't think there were any good places around here. Most of the joints I visited seemed relatively sub-standard," Adagio admitted, eating another bite of the pepperoni pizza.

"Oh that place I called is a really good joint. I visited that place several times, really good pizza," Trixie smiled. "Besides, waaaay better than the pizza over at Salty's Sea Palace."

"Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I cannot stand that place. Now don't get me wrong, I love kids, but the last few times I visited, the children were... less than well behaved," Adagio scowled.

"And how about the animatronic band?" Trixie asked with a bored expression.

"Don't get me started," Adagio shivered. "I know they're made with intent to entertain, but those animatronics do nothing but creep me out. Their uncanny movements and shaking bodies?"

Trixie nodded, cringing at the picture. "You and me both."

The two shared collective cringing, but they swung back to more pleasant topics once again.

"So... how's your family?" Adagio asked.

"They're doing good, thank you. Family from my mom's side are coming in from Manehattan to stay with us, so it's going to be a bit crazy," Trixie replied, taking another bite of her food.

"Well, it is the holidays, it's always crazy this time of year. No matter how much you try to make sure nothing gets out of hand," Adagio replied, sounding a bit down.

Trixie frowned. "Adagio, are you okay?"

Adagio froze. And she sighed, holding her head. "No. Trixie, do you mind if I be straight with you?"

"Of course, go ahead."

"I've been stressed out trying to set up the perfect romantic setting for when you came. I thought I was on top, but then the food got burnt and the music stopped working, I just... I can't stay on top of things. Trixie, I... I'm not perfect," Adagio said, sounding full of guilt and shame.

Trixie blinked. "Okay."

"Trixie, I have to be honest. I know I often have this rather flirtatious and confident flair but... I'm not. There are some days where I end up hating myself because I cannot keep myself on top of things. I may not show it, but when things go bad, I just... I just shut down. Remember when you girls found out about who we were really were?"

Trixie nodded.

"I... I didn't know what to do. I just shut down, and I couldn't find a way to swing back around. I was... lost. And if I can be honest, this wasn't the first time. I've had so many days and years where I just didn't know how to get back up, and... if I can't stay on top of things, then what kind of girl am I?"

Adagio's head turned from her girlfriend, afraid to look back. A small tear pushed out of her closed eye, but a soft hand pulled her head around, stroking her cheek. And looking back, she could see Trixie giving her a soft smile.

"Adagio? Listen to me. I know you want to be on top of everything and want to make sure nothing goes wrong, but... nothing ever happens the way it should. At least, most of the time. Every one of us has moments in life that don't go the way they should, and it's okay. These things are going to happen, and if there's people out there who think they never will; they're wrong. But that's the beautiful part of life; we do eventually learn these things, we understand where things go wrong. But to put pressure on yourself to be 100% perfect? No. Adagio; you're not perfect. You never will be perfect. And that's what I love about you; it's everything about you that I love, I don't care that you aren't able to keep up everything in full. And you know something else? I love you for you; not for who you pressure yourself to be."

Trixie stroked Adagio's cheek and she smiled, looking at her.

"When I came here tonight, I only wanted to just spend my night with you. That's all I wanted on every date, and every day that I'm with you. And that's enough to make me happy."

Adagio's frown slowly began to turn upside down into a smile, and she couldn't help but let one happy tear fall from her face.

"You really are the best girlfriend I can ask for," Adagio cooed.

Trixie got up from her chair and she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, hugging her. Adagio reciprocated and sighed with content.

"Now what do you say to snuggling up on the couch and watching a Christmas movie?" Trixie asked, nuzzling her cheek.

"Oh I would very much love that," Adagio purred. "I'll go warm up some hot cocoa and some nice chocolate chip cookies."

Trixie found the movie and put it in the DVD player, and Adagio eventually came back around with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and some nice delicious hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows. When the movie began, Trixie opened up her arms for Adagio to snuggle up close. The siren laid herself on Trixie's warm body, and she let Trixie wrap her arms around her stomach, holding her close.

"I love you so much..." Trixie whispered into her ear, kissing her again. And just to add on, she kissed near Adagio's neck.

Adagio was the one to blush this time. "Oh, Trixie..." She stroked her cheek, and giggled when she saw Trixie lean into her hand. The way she did was just adorable.

"Oh will you two just make out already!?"

Trixie and Adagio froze. Adagio's eye twitched, and her teeth were grit.

"Aria. How long have you been here?"

"All night. I didn't come out until I smelled the burning food, and you freaking out like you were on fire. Why?" Aria snickered.

"Because I am going to give you ten seconds before I KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!" Adagio leapt from the couch, chasing Aria up the stairs. Trixie just watched them run and she laughed a little. This was going to be interesting...