• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 293 Views, 1 Comments

We all have beginnings - SkyBreaker



Book one of the series.

  • ...
 1
 293

Chapter One.

They seemed normal enough, just regular ponies. Hoof didn't seem to enthusiastic about having to make friends with them, he always said. "We have enough friends at the orphanage... WHY do we need more?" Though he would say it often enough, our mother would always meet his resistance with a simple "Because." She was a hard working mare, she had many things to tend to, dealing not only with her diplomatic career, but also the job of a full time mother. She would always try and teach me how to balance my jobs equally for my future... I wish I would have listened, for now I have a young one of my own. He is very strong, being in the state he was not even 2 months ago. SkyBreaker... I have High hopes for you, and I know you will be a very strong stallion later in life.

She was met with some resistance as Hoof would always complain about doing anything other than sleeping or eating. But he was never to friendly around other ponies, he was not rude, he just didn't feel comfortable talking to people he did not know. "I don't see how you can be like this to me, but never seem to like interaction with other ponies." my mother said sounding very irritated and trying to pry Hoof off of his bed. "UNHAND ME!" Hoof shouted at the top of his lungs, I laughed and started to tend to my mane, We were able to get Hoof out the door and towards the school, but every step we took we always seemed to get a complete monologue from Hoof I didn't see it as something to be very aware of, mostly due to the fact that he would become quiet as soon a we reached within earshot of anypony, but my mother would always try to keep him quiet, probably because she was already irritated by him that she didn't want to hear it but he would continue dispite my mothers best efforts.

"Welcome! Welcome! come in and have a seat, class will start shortly." the teacher said in a very cheery sounding voice. 'We are going to have so much fun!" she continued, it was all a ruse, although when I was younger I didn't notice, now that I look back on it, I can't get over how cheesy she sounded. I think Hoof caught onto it earlier than I did, because I heard him chuckle next to me.