• Published 2nd Nov 2019
  • 279 Views, 0 Comments

The Secret Recordings Of The Free Crusaders - Good Fedora Pony



Apple Bloom decides to make an audio diary to heal her heart. And she's not the only one.

  • ...
 0
 279

Dinky Hooves take1

Hello! my name is Dinky, Dinky Hooves, to be exact!

This is my first time doing an audio recording.
Well least in and underground base anyways. (hehe) anyways when I heard Apple Bloom had done this Crystal bass amplifier, I just had to try it out!
I am not the slightest bit disappointed to learn that twilight sparkle has indeed given Apple Bloom a perfect model with absolutely no flaws that I have yet to see!

Now I have done recordings before but nothing like this!

Usually, I'm using old tapes and stuff for my research, but this is so much better!
For starters, the crystals themselves each contain enough space in memory to dwarf what is in my house right now!

I mean, we're talking like five boxes half my size!

Not only that, but the device itself has a large blue crystal display that allows us to access specific parts of each crystal!

I cannot tell you how many hours this alone will save me in my aid for research!

Since Apple Bloom said we can do anything we wanted with these crystals, I had decided to speak out my theories!

We got the perfect one to talk about right now!

(Oh, this is so exciting!!!)

Alright, my theory is on Nightmare Moon herself!

When Nightmare Moon rose to power again about two years ago, everyone had assumed to know what happened.

A majority of the population assumes that Luna had turned into Nightmare Moon, while others believe that my dear friend Nix was the one that turned evil again.

Both are not unfounded as it was discovered that Luna had been hiding secrets that involve monsters years after her release! If you're willing to keep secrets from your big sister even after you went through 1000 years of punishment, then chances are very likely to weigh in favor of the theory.

Nix, who was staying with the princesses at the time when it all happened, was not seen after the event took place. Everyone had suspicions that she would turn dark when we least expected it. It's easy to assume that she never changed her ways and all and that all this time, she had been merely waiting for the right opportunity to take the throne...

Both of these theories, however, I would rather discard...

Reason number one.

Nix may have made mistakes, but I can assure you that after being around her long enough in the library, you'd see how wrong everyone is about her plotting to overthrow equestrian.

Oh yes, everyone would have to assume that a pony who reads a story like, (blossoms and photosynthesis, how it's all connected) should most certainly be on the top of the suspect list!

She doesn't like sleeping alone, she can't bring herself to step on a caravan of ants, and she never does anything without asking for permission. That's not dictator material, that element of kindness material if you ask me!

I also know that she has separation anxiety when it comes to Twilight Sparkle.
There were only a couple of times that she was okay with leaving her caretaker side.

School, sugar cube corner, and the library when twilight has to leave for errands.
Sure, you'd see her at Sweet Apple Acres and Carousel Boutique, but not very often and most certainly never alone!

The only reason she was left in Canterlot in the first place was to discuss a peace treaty with a warning Griffin clan that was threatening to spill out into our land!


Reason number two.

While I don't know Luna as well as I know Nix, I do know that her history speaks for itself.
The only reason she kept secrets was so that she could try and fix them herself.
Enough articles and interviews can tell you everything you need to know about her.

I remember every year she would visit us at least once before or during Nightmare Night to scare us and to play!

I even got hang out with her for a full 2 minutes and 32 seconds!
Even though it was because my mom accidentally knocked over the punch bowl on top of her...

Considering that she wasn't angry or bitter about it, I would say that Luna losing herself to anger was not a very viable case for me.


Reason number three.

This was the most important reason by far as Luna and Nix shared one thing in common the everyone else had overlooked it seemed, and that was...

...Nightmare Moon's hair...

I know it sounds ridiculous out loud, but listen. Luna's hair was a dark hue of blue, and when her hair wasn't all magical looking, it was a bright shade blue.

I only know this because there were a couple old photos I found from the Canterlot times newspaper, an old shop. While the paper itself was black and white, the description in words told me enough about her hair color when she was reformed.

(Having a royal sister union was really a big thing back then, so naturally, someone had to get a picture somehow!)

Nix, while her hair was a lot like Luna's when it was all magical in color and movement, it was not the same when it was normal.

Nix's hair was purple, which definitely set them apart by hue contrast.

Now here's the kicker...Nightmare Moon's mane...Is lavender...

Neither Luna or Nix share the same color as the malicious dictator!

Now one could point out that while next is mane is purple, it could theoretically be possible that this time around, she decided to keep it. But I disagree as I seriously doubt that the princesses have the ability a change their hair color hue. Anyone as old as Celesta and Luna would've tried to die it at some point or another, just for a change in look.

But when has anyone recorded a time when either of the princesses decides to change their style... Never.

It's a flimsy defense, I admit, but enough for me to not take it seriously.

No, I know that Nightmare Moon is someone completely different. I just don't know how it happened.

Maybe some other occult decided to make a replica like they did with Nix.
I have a hard time imagining how they managed to get another piece from nightmare Moon's armor to do it. Last I heard all the pieces were destroyed already. But anything's possible if you're desperate enough...

And more importantly, where is Luna and Nix now.

My mom's aware of my theory and fully supports it. She did mention that the first thing Nix would do would be to go to the most familiar place to her. Which would indicate that she would come here to Ponyville.

I disagree. Even if she did want to come here, the barrier was on the town's border.

All sides have an enchantment that notifies anyone working for Nightmare Moon whether or not a pony or monster had just passed it.

No one comes here without being noticed, and no one leaves without being seen either.


I like thinking that she is out there still. Looking for a way to go home.

But it's hard to believe that someone practically my age would be trying that for two years.

But I still like to think it's the case...


Oh shoot, I'm going to be late for dinner!

Well, that's all I have to offer right now, but maybe I'll think of something new on the subject when I get back!

But first, I need to convince Dawn to start his...Hm. How am I going to do that?

...

I think I might have an idea!