• Published 30th Oct 2019
  • 281 Views, 1 Comments

The Storm - Pazazz

  • ...
 1
 281

Change of Life

Chapter 4

Pazazz was able to return home from the hospital a few days later. Her dad came to the General ward pulling a cart, one that would be used to carry Pazazz home. BigMac gently carried his filly to the cart. She groaned a bit due to some jarring.

“Dad, that hurts.”

BigMac gave her an apologetic look. “Sorry Pazazz.”

———————————

Once home, she soon found herself laying in bed for ages at a time, feeling bored. She stood up on three legs and took a few hesitant steps. She lost her balance and fell heavily on her side. But Pazazz would not be thwarted and soon attempted to walk again. She managed to walk with three legs, even though it was slow going.

“It’s no use, how am I ever going to be useful with a missing leg?” She cried.

Fluttershy panicked upon seeing her precious filly walking about the room on three legs and falling.

“Pazazz, you shouldn’t stress yourself by moving about so soon. You need more bed rest.” She helped her daughter back to bed. But seeing her so down worried Fluttershy deeply.

———————————

Night Blaze and Glimmer showed up later that day, with loads of books. They were hoping to bring. Smile to Pazazz’s day.

“We figured you would be bored and brought you the entire collection of Daring Do books to read.” Glimmer announced, setting her saddlebags down.

Pazazz gave a quiet huff and stood up.

Night and Glimmer watched Pazazz hobble around the room, noting that at least their friend did not give up easily. She remembered that she was a bat pony and flitted about the room. She didn’t need to stand on her legs to do that, after all.

Pazazz was soon able to leave the cottage with her best friends, an outing would do her good. They went to the park in Ponyville. Ponies greeted the group of friends while they went about their day. Pazazz was cheerful, having some fresh air for a change. Being stuck in her bedroom had been tiresome and lonely.

———————————

Not long after, Pazazz began her physiotherapy sessions at Ponyville General, to help her get used to three legs. She was adjusting quite nicely, almost like she had been born with only three limbs. She moved about naturally and her balance was shifting into something like normal.