• Published 4th Nov 2019
  • 612 Views, 11 Comments

The Pony Ghostbusters - ChangelingProductions



In a alternet reality, we see how Pinkamina, Doctor Whooves, Apple Jack, and Chrysalis (who doesn't want to be here) become Ghostbusters.

  • ...
0
 11
 612

Episode 4: “These readings can’t be right,"

“These readings can’t be right,” Pinkie said staring at the strange black box. The beeping being emitted from said box was causing everypony to look over at the team of three.

“What’s wrong?” Asked the brown pony as he walked beside her.

“Look at these readings; it’s showing us two signals!”

Chrysalis asked “And that means?” in an angry tone to try and hide her worry. She was very scared of the freaks standing before her and she wasn't going to let that little weakness slip.

Doctor Whooves was the one to reply. “It means we have an extra unidentified ghost somewhere in the building.”

“... Ghost...?” Chrysalis said her fear now being replaced with skepticism.

Before any more could be said, an employee of the hotel walked over to the eye soar that was the three guests. As he did so, Filthy Rich ran in and quickly jumped in front of them.

“huff... huff... There here about... huff... the problem...” He said, causing the face of the employee to drain of color.

“yes, of course,” He said. “Take the stairs... It’s on the twelfth floor.”

“Thank you!” Pinkie said as she and the Doctor walked away. Chrysalis took a second but followed soon after.

The stairs were just as prestige as the rest of the hotel. It would have been nice to just spend time watching them, but when you're carrying heavy equipment on your back when you’re a quadrupedal creature. In that case, you begin to feel sore and sweaty. In the case of the three ponies walking up, they were two of them were definitely not ready for this.

“How...” Said the Doctor, “How... do you do it...?!”

“Beats me!” Pinkie said hopping up. Chrysalis was far behind feeling the most exhausted.

“Need... Water... hungry...” She said, her voice definitely scratched up from the lack of moisture.

After some whining, they made it to the twelfth floor. Just as Pinkie was about to open the door, she hesitated.

“Wait, did we ever turn our packs on, not including this morning?” She said. Chrysalis cringed as the Doctor paused to think.

“Huh... No... we didn’t... actually, we also never had a successful test of this particular model that didn’t blow up ether...” The Doctor realized. “Mabey we should turn one on, for now, lower its power and see what happens. But who...?” Chrysalis tried to back away slowly, but it was too late. Pinkie was standing behind her as Doctor Whooves came closer.

“S-STOP YOU INCELLENT FOOLS! I W-WILL HARM YOU! STOP! STOP!” Chrysalis yelled in anger and fear, remembering the small explosion from a few hours earlier. She tried to escape, but Pinkie held her down and the collar stopped her magic. Even in her struggles, the two ponies were successful at switching it on.

The hum of the pack activating made everyone pause and even back away from Chrysalis, her eyes widening with fear. Pinkie was the first to talk, and it was to just explain how to use the pack.

“Okay, the pack is s-simple. Just pull out the wand, aim, and fire- Oh and also you need to stand on your hind hooves. Yah so uh... Stand up with just your back hooves, aim the wand with the front and f-fire. Also, don’t explode, that’s a very important one. DO NOT EXPLODE!”

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. “Yes, just what I needed to hear; Do not explode! Thanks for the advice!” The Doctor than walked cautiously up to the door. As it slowly swung open, Chrysalis reluctantly stood up on her hind hooves and clumsily walked in.

“Pull out the wand pleas.” The Doctor said. Chrysalis sighed and as she was told. “okay now if we see anything strange, we blas-” The Doctor was interrupted by the sound of something coming down the hall. “It’s coming.”

“... What’s coming?” Chrysalis asked.

“The ghost.” Was her only answer, as Pinkie and Doctor Whooves backed away to hide next to the door.

“Again, with the ghosts! Don’t you two get it? There is no such thing as a ghost!” She looked annoyed now but quickly looked over to prove her point. As she did, a cart full of hotel cleaning supplies pushed forward. She turned back to the two ponies. “See? Just a cart!” As she returned to face the cart, she noticed something; it was being pushed all on its own. Chrysalis smirked. “oh no, it moved. Better go investigate!” In a mocking way, she purposely walked toward the cart on her hindlegs with minimal effort.

Pinkie pulled the device from her hair and it began to beep with fury. Her eyes widened as Doctor Whooves came around the corner to warn Chrysalis. However, he was beaten by Pinkie who climbed over him to scream; “WAIT STOP NO NO NO DON’T STOP CHRYSALIS!” It was too late. Chrysalis turned back with a somewhat smug look to her face as she stared towards Pinkie... Then she noticed a green glow beginning to shine behind her. She turned back towards the cart and her heart stopped.

It was a blobish creature that floated before Chrysalis. The only thing pony about it was its ears, snout and two from hooves. It had no need for back ones as it floated in the air. Its yellow crust eyes locked onto Chrysalis with curiosity. It was chewing up and eating a few supplies as it stared.

“WHAT IS THAT THING!!” Chrysalis screamed as she aimed the wand. The green creature retorted with howling laughter... but it was already too late. Her wand spouted out a proton stream horrifying the creature and causing it to rush her. Chrysalis is knocked back by the blow and it escapes down the hall. Pinkie and the Doctor ran towards there fallen comrade. The walls around her where burnt and destroyed by the proton stream.

“Oh my Celestia are you alright?!” Pinkie screamed.

“... It... it slimed me...” Chrysalis said with quiet astonishment.

“That's... Great! Actual physical contact!” Pinkie replied.

“Can you move?” Doctor Whooves asked as Pinkie became distracted by her devices beeping again.

“I... I feel so funky...” Chrysalis replied getting up. She whipped some slime away, but a small bit flung into her mouth, causing her to gag. “That’s it. Now, this is personal.” She said with rage in her voice and a scowl on her face.

The Doctor decided to chip in. “Hey, at least we know the packs work.” Chrysalis was not amused.

“You’ll get revenge soon enough,” Pinkie commented. “That little gremlin is being tracked right now... and... it’sssssss... THAT WAY!” Pinkie screamed pointing down the hall.


The three ponies walked down another flight of stairs back onto the first floor, where they would continue tracking. At last, they found where the ghost had flown off to. The Alhambra Ballroom. With permission, they locked themselves into the room and hid behind a curtain. It flew around a hanging chandler. It didn't notice them yet, but the Doctor couldn't help but feel watched.

“That's him.” Chrysalis said blankly, “That's the one that got me.” It continued to fly around the chandler, taunting Chrysalis with its carefree attitude. Pinkie put her device away in her hair despite its sudden need to increase the rate of beeping.

“Okay gang, we got this!” She said, putting her hooves around Chrysalis and the Doctor. “Ready?”

“Oh, I’m bucking ready!” Chrysalis said with venom in her voice. Her rage overshadowing her fear.

“I’m ready, but before we do anything, I think I should tell you something important that I forgot Pinkie; Don’t cross the streams.” Said Doctor whooves towards Pinkie but making sure Chrysalis heard too.

“I know Doc, I helped build this thing! If anything, you should tell this to Chrysie!” Pinkie replied.

“Two things. One, why can’t we cross the streams and two, never call me Chrysie again.” Chrysalis said aloud.

“We go boom!” Pinkie said with a smile. Doctor Whooves shook his head before turning Chrysalis toward his direction.

“Okay answering the first question: Imagine every molecule, cell, and atom in your body simultaneously evaporating in the blink of an eye as your consciousness fades away. That would be the best-case scenario.” He said with no hint of fear in his voice. This contrasted the fear rising back up into the mind and heart of Chrysalis. She shook it off, the need for revenge overpowering everything.

“I’m Ready.” She states again.

“Ready Zedy!” Pinkie said.

“Alright, on three... One... Two... Three!”

The three ponies ran out from there hiding place.


A pony was walking up the stairs when he felt a chill go up his spine. ‘It’s fine’ he thought. ‘They told me the ghost was harm-’ was all he could finish before a knife flew out and landed between his eyes.

A pair of fully yellowed decaying eyes came up to the body and began to drag it away... then it heard the sounds emanating down in their ballroom! Who dared make such noise in her ballroom?!

Author's Note:

It slimed me.

(Originaly, I was going to wright what happened in the movie, but then I remembered something; this isn't a scene by scene recreation of the film! Yes, most events will happen, but there is a completely different threat this time around and-- ops, spoilers :trixieshiftright:)