• Published 9th Jan 2020
  • 2,808 Views, 11 Comments

Spike and Ember's Date - Flameboy



Spike tells Twilight what happened after the year of Twilight's coronation.

  • ...
6
 11
 2,808

Spike and Ember's Date Part 8: Piscivores and Omnivores

"Fish and apples?!" Everycreature said all except Smolder.

"Yeah... I think it's best that I now tell you all that we dragons are actually piscivores and omnivores," she said as she sits crisscross applesauce, on the giant white and red striped towel that Discord poofed up.

"Piece - what?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Piscivore. It means "fish-eater." But, it didn't say anything in the many books I read about dragons eating fish. Or fruit for that matter. If dragons are piscivores, and it wasn't recorded into any book, then why hasn't any dragon ever told us about their diet?" Twilight said as she placed her left hoof on her chin.

"It's probably because us dragons don't want the ponies to know about what goes on in our lives. Actually, that's exactly why you don't see it in your books," she says as she points to Twilight.

"But you have fangs? I can imagine Spike eating fruit and vegetables because he was raised by Twilight. But the others like Garble, Fume, or Clump, or even Princess Ember? I don't think I will ever see that happen through my eyes," Rarity said.

"We dragons keep our secret lives a secret because we don't want one bad pony to call upon an army to take our entire race out. Like, say, King Sombra, or Cozy Glow. Not to mention, other kinds of creatures that won't accept friendship or live alongside us. Like the former changeling queen, Chrysalis, and a centaur that has the power to steal the strength from Earth ponies, the pegasai's flight, and the magic from both unicorns, alicorns, and even Discord himself," she pointed out.

"Luckily, Celestia, Luna and I have imprisoned Tirek along with Chrysalis and Cozy Glow into stone," Discord accommodated.

"How did King Sombra escape his banishment from within the Aether and Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow escape from Tartarus? Not to mention how did Chrysalis ended up with those three?" Sandbar asked as he placed his right hoof under his chin.

"We may never know," Discord lied as he quickly poofed up a purple cup of tea and started sipping from his cup to hide the fact that he was one who freed Tirek, Cozy Glow, and King Sombra from their prisons while freeing Chrysalis from banishment by bringing her from the Everfree Forest.