• Published 21st Oct 2019
  • 2,565 Views, 32 Comments

A Pony's Day on Voyager - Jninja15



A slice of life of the Main 6 living aboard the Starship Voyager.

  • ...
5
 32
 2,565

4 - Spike

Spike

“Uuugh.” Spike groaned as he sat atop a bio-bed, his face as green as the shell of the tortouse sitting next to him. Fluttershy was dressed in the standard blue Starfleet medical uniform, standing beside him as she waved a medical tricorder around him, scanning for everything it is programed to read.

Once Fluttershy was done scanning Spike, she showed the tricorder results to the bald man standing next to her, the ship's Emergency Medical Hologram and doctor. Spike never liked the ship’s doctor.He doesn’t have a name other than “the Doctor”, which confused Spike because he has met someone else who went by “The Doctor” and he was a blast to hang out with. This guy, however, was a hologram, has a terrible bedside manner and (according to Spike) has a terrible taste in music. Opera, who the hay in their right mind likes opera? And it's the only thing he listens to!

“If you were any other species,” the EMH said as he looked at the tricorder, “I’d say you’d be suffering from heavy mineral poisoning.” In Spike’s ears, it was a condescending tone. “Since your normal diet - as I’m told by your guardian, Twilight Sparkle - does consist of precious minerals, I have come to the conclusion that you merely have,” he paused, “a stomach ache. I’d go as far as to say that Jimbalian fudge cake doesn’t agree with your system.” he then turned away and asked Fluttershy to hand him some sort of medicine from the shelf on the other side of the room.

Fluttershy tip-toed her way over to where she was directed, careful not to step on any of the animals she brought from home or had rescued since coming aboard Voyager.

Spike held down a gag. “Thanks doc,” he said wearily as he cracked a sarcastic smile at the hologram.

“You’re very welcome.” the EMH said, not picking up on Spike’s sarcasm.

Fluttershy tip-toed back with the medicine and handed it to the EMH.

“This should help with the stomach pain.” The Doctor said as he pressed a hypospray against his neck, and a hiss sounded off, signaling that its contents were injected into Spike’s bloodstream. Spike then relaxed as he felt the pain slowly begin to alleviate.

Spike jumped off the bio-bed, disturbing a family of alien mouse-like creatures, and headed for the door.

“Uh, Spike.” Spike stopped and turned to face the Doctor. “I am going to have to ask you to say a little while. I want to be sure you don’t have any adverse reactions to the hypospray.”

Spike contemplated this for a second. He really did not want to stay around the med bay for too long, especially around the Doctor. Still, he did have a point that Spike’s biology was not fully understood by the EMH so there would be no telling as to when he could have an adverse reaction to medicine developed millions of light-years away. Finally, he asked, “You’re not going to play any of that opera, are you?”

“Only if I feel like it.” he smirked, then held up an apologetic hand, “But, for your sake, I won’t.”

Spike chuckled at the Doctor’s joke and jumped right back onto the biobed.

“Um, Doctor?” Fluttershy said aloud. “I’m going to go get some of my other animals for their routine checkup. Is that OK?”

The Doctor sighed. “Yes. Go get your animals.”

Fluttershy walked out the door.

“I might not be playing opera,” the doctor said to Spike as he tapped at a datapad. “But I’ve heard classical music helps calm wild animals.”




The doctor released Spike from sickbay, convinced that he wasn’t going to have any adverse reactions to the medicine. However, not ten minutes since leaving sickbay and going to his quarters, peacefully reading his comics or manga on his sofa, Pinkie Pie was suddenly in his face. He doesn’t know how she snuck in, especially considering the doorbell that just about everyone’s quarters has, the fact that every door on the ship makes at least some sort of hissing noise as it opens and closes. There was no other possible way for her to sneak in, unless she went an extra seven miles to sneak in through the ventilation system, to which Spike’s pretty sure she would not be allowed access to under any circumstances, except a red alert.

“Gyah!” Spike exclaimed, tossing his data pad up into the air, landing between the sofa and the wall behind it. “Pinkie?! Where’d you come from?”

“Ponyville,” she answered happily. Spike glared at her. “So...” she continued, “I heard Neelix made you a jimbalian fudge cake today, with gemstones.”

He made a ‘hurk’ noise. “Yeah, so?”

“So, I thought I’d make you one too. With gemstones of my own creation.”

Spike shook his head fervently. “No, thank you! I just got out of sickbay with a stomach ache because of that, and I do NOT want to go back!”

“Aw, come on, Spike.” Pinkie whined, “My gemstones are made out of sugar~.”

“Pinkie, sugar crystals aren't going to be the same as real gemstones. Besides, I’m pretty sure it was the fudge that made me sick, not the gems.”

“Well, we haven't tried making some sugar crystals through the replicator. I grew up on a rock farm, so I know that the crystal alignment of diamonds and rubies and sapphires; a sugar copy wouldn’t be able to form the same way if you made them conventionally, but if we use the replicator I can have the molecules be perfectly aligned like that of a diamond or a ruby or a sapphire.”

“Pinkie, I’m pretty sure that adding more sugar to it would my stomach worse than last time.”

“Nonsense! You can’t ever have too much sugar. Unless you don’t brush your teeth frequently. How often do you brush your teeth?”

Spike glared at her. “Pinkie, I’m not doing this. I’m not risking another stomachache.”

Pinkie grabbed him by the wrist. “You’ll never know until you try.” and she pulled him off the couch, out the door and on to the mess hall.

Spike groaned as he was being whisked away to the mess hall to be force fed something that he knew was going to make him sick.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for taking so long to post this chapter, work has been eating up my energy, even more so than my patience for all the crap that's happening right now and how people are reacting to it. I appreciate your patience and hope to get back to continuing and finishing this soon. Have a good rest of your life.