• Published 18th Oct 2019
  • 567 Views, 1 Comments

Time Stops For No Dragon - FluttershyLover55



A year after his last adventure, Spike's life is turned upside down when Fluttershy suddenly dumps him. Why has she been acting so strangely lately, and can he fix things or has he blown it somehow? Only time will tell...

  • ...
3
 1
 567

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-One:The Best Way To Wake Up

Time Stops For No Dragon
Chapter 21-The Best Way To Wake Up

When Spike arrived back in his time period, nothing could have prepared him for what awaited him there. To his horror, this world looked exactly like the other dimension, he and Fluttershy had visited! When he got back to his body, he was in an entirely different location than he had departed from. He was currently, a few feet underground…in a coffin. He had no idea what his body was doing covered in a pile of dirt, but he knew he had to get out soon or he would be dead for real.
This was a problem, since he couldn't open the coffin for all the dirt in the way. He soon gave up, prepared to face death, his air supply dwindling at a rapid pace.

"No! You can't give up, yet! Without you, this world is doomed!"

"Sister, you'd better hurry. I don't think he's supposed to be blue."

"He's not…Oh. We'd better help him."

Spike was confused by the voices talking in his head, but he assumed he was hearing things, due to lack of air.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A bright, yellow light blurred his vision for a moment, leaving him in the Throne room of Canterlot Castle. The two royal sisters were standing in front of him.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions. We'd be happy to fill you in." Celestia greeted.

"I agree with what my sister said. We are here to help you, in any way possible." Luna agreed.

"Why don't we start with why the HAY, I was buried under the dirt? It's not like I was dead or anything!"

Celestia shifted uncomfortably. "Well…in this reality, there is another Spike, which your friends think is you. Starswirl is hiding somewhere along with the corrupted Fluttershy, and all traces of you were erased from this time. Starswirl buried your body without our knowing of it, until we sensed the magic generated by your return."

"Let me get this straight. Not only are Starswirl and the corrupted Fluttershy still around, but I also, have to deal with some two-bit imposter pretending to be me?" Spike fumed.

"I understand you're upset, but surely, you considered the consequences of using a time spell?" Luna asked, "That what you did in the past would change the future, and alter the memories of your friends?"

"I guess, I understand, but who is this other me?" Spike wondered.

"I believe you know him, as 'Future Spike'. Apparently, your messing with the time stream allowed your timelines to merge into one. There is a side effect of time travel, which I believe you are already slightly familiar with." Celestia answered.

"What is it?"

"You created a different timeline in the past where you had different experiences, instead of responding to Luna's letter. But, you also still had the memories from your original timeline. Having two sets of memories for each event, puts a lot of pressure on your mind. This is why you collapsed and had headaches. It will only get worse as time goes on, so you need to hurry and fix everything, before it kills you. I'm not sure how long you have, so you'd better get started."

"We both wish you, the best of luck!" Luna finished and Celestia nodded.

"We have faith in you!" She added.

"All I have to do is find myself, and stop ME from doing whatever it is I'm doing. Man, this is confusing!" Spike thought, as he left the Throne room.

After he left, Luna frowned and looked over at her sister. "He's going to die, isn't he?"

"Probably so, yes." Celestia replied, casually.

PreviousChapters Next