• Published 18th Oct 2019
  • 568 Views, 1 Comments

Time Stops For No Dragon - FluttershyLover55



A year after his last adventure, Spike's life is turned upside down when Fluttershy suddenly dumps him. Why has she been acting so strangely lately, and can he fix things or has he blown it somehow? Only time will tell...

  • ...
3
 1
 568

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eighteen:How To Dig Yourself Into A Hole

Time Stops For No Dragon
Chapter 18-How To Dig Yourself Into A Hole

The sun shone through the window, making Spike wince, as it struck his eyes. He sneezed, grabbing a tissue from the nearby nightstand, and wiping his nose with it.

Fluttershy was feeding the various animals around her cottage, when her favorite pet came hopping up to her. The mare noticed his arrival, and looked over at him.

"Good morning, Angel. Is something wrong?" She watched him do a few hand motions, then point in the direction of the stairs. "Oh, you want me to go see Spike?" The bunny nodded furiously, and once more, pointed at the stairs. "You're right, it HAS been a while, since I checked on him."

When she reached the top of the stairs, she gasped. Spike was sweating, his face flushed with heat. "Hey, Shy'. Is it hot in here, or is it just me?"

Fluttershy felt his forehead, recoiling from the heat. "That's not good. I'll get you some water."

She rushed down the stairs, coming back up with a cloth dipped in cold water. She placed it on his forehead, causing steam to fill the air. A knock was heard at the door, and Spike attempted to get up and answer it, but Fluttershy held him there with a hoof.

"I don't think so, Mister. You need to rest, until you're better!" Fluttershy insisted, sternly, "Now stay here, while I go see who's at the door."

Spike sighed. "It just doesn't feel right, making her do all the work. But, it's not like I can do much at the moment. Maybe, this is my chance to get things right." He thought.

A few minutes later, he heard the door shut, and Fluttershy returned to his side. "Who was it?" Spike asked, curiously.

"It was Pinkie Pie. She wanted to throw me a birthday party at Sugarcube Corner, but I knew that you might not be able to make it, so I convinced her to change it to a picnic, instead. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course! Happy birthday, by the way."

"Thank you, Spike."

After getting that out of the way, her tone changed to a motherly one. "I know that you may not be very hungry, but you need to eat something. How does Dandelion soup sound?"

"That sounds good. You have no idea how much I appreciate this, Fluttershy."

They each exchanged a smile.

"It's my pleasure."

While his pegasus caretaker was in the kitchen downstairs making soup, Spike gasped in remembrance. Originally, he was supposed to pick up Fluttershy's gift today, but now, there was no way to do it without help. The dragon pondered on who he could get to help him with his predicament, but he figured it out, when he glanced over at his jacket on the nightstand. A certain draconequs could provide just the kind of help, he needed.

Using what little energy he had, Spike pulled out a gold coin from his jacket pocket. The dragon flipped the coin up into the air, only for it to be caught by a lion paw.

"I heard you may be in need of assistance, dear friend. What seems to be the problem?" Discord greeted.

"Well, you see, I was hoping that you could pick up the gift I got for Fluttershy, because I'm too sick to go get it myself."

Discord laughed. "Pssh! Is that all? This will only take a moment." The draconequs disappeared in a flash of white light, then reappeared after a minute or two.

"Did you get it?" Spike wondered, eager to get the gift.

"Does this, answer your question?" The master of chaos snapped his fingers, revealing the gift, which floated over to the dragon and settled in his hands.

To Spike's surprise, Discord said, "Sorry for the wait. I would have been back sooner, but I ran into some unforeseen consequences." He chuckled nervously, then pretended to look at a wristwatch. "Oh, would you look at the time! I have to save a storeowner from a giant, man-eating gemstone! Which totally wasn't my fault, by the way!" The draconequs disappeared, once again.

Spike turned the butterfly clip over and over in his hands, admiring it from all angles. Whoever made it, obviously did a good job, since he couldn't find a single imperfection on it. He hastily put it in his jacket pocket with the coin, as hooves traveled up the stairs.

Fluttershy set a tray with a bowl of soup and a cup of water on it, in front of him. Confusion and curiosity shined in her eyes, when she looked at Spike. "W-Who were you talking to? I thought I heard somepony else, up here."

Spike hated lying to her, but he didn't want to spill the beans, just yet. "I, uh…was just talking to myself."

"About?" Fluttershy pressed further, wanting to know if something was bothering him.

"I-I can't seem to remember, but I'm sure it was a VERY interesting conversation."

"O-Okay…Are you sure, that nothing is bothering you?"

Spike chuckled, nervously. "Heh, heh…It must be the fever, getting to me.

Fluttershy felt his forehead, but it was no longer hot. "Um…you don't have a fever, anymore."

"Yep, that's what I meant. No problems. Not with me, anyway." Spike was getting increasingly nervous by the second, and Fluttershy's suspicion was starting to rise.

Spike gulped, wishing that he could find a way out of the hole that he was digging himself into.

PreviousChapters Next