• Published 18th Oct 2019
  • 568 Views, 1 Comments

Time Stops For No Dragon - FluttershyLover55



A year after his last adventure, Spike's life is turned upside down when Fluttershy suddenly dumps him. Why has she been acting so strangely lately, and can he fix things or has he blown it somehow? Only time will tell...

  • ...
3
 1
 568

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eleven:Before It All

Time Stops For No Dragon
Chapter 11-Before It All

Shortly after Pinkie had left, Spike prepared to start his plan. The dragon kissed each of his friends on the forehead, stopping when he came to Twilight's bed.

"I'm sorry, Twi." He kissed her on the forehead, before turning away. "I love you all, and I'm sorry that you were dragged into this. It was never supposed to be this way. Don't worry, because I'm going to make this right!" Spike spoke the magical words and his soul entered the time stream, causing his body to fall to the hospital floor with a thud.

Princess Celestia and Luna were watching from outside the room, as it happened before them.

"Will you help me keep an eye on him, Sister?" Celestia asked, turning to look at Luna.

"Of course. Dost thou sense something amiss?" Luna inquired, curiously.

Celestia nodded. "If all goes according to the events I have seen, he may do something that he will regret. I can watch him during the day, but perhaps, you could talk to him in the night."

Luna nodded. "I will do my best, to help you in this endeavor." The Princess of the Night walked away to go to bed, since it was still morning, leaving the Sun princess alone.

"Oh, Spike, do be careful. I just wonder, how I'm going to explain this to Twilight. Maybe, it is time for me to tell her the truth. I think, that she deserves to know." Celestia thought, staring at Spike's unmoving body lying in the center of the room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Before Spike knew it, he was back in his body. He was lying in the bed, so he assumed that it was morning. If everything was as it should be, this was the morning when he began his first journey. Where he would slay the evil dragon, which he later knew to be his father. Sure enough, the note from Twilight was downstairs, telling him where she was, along with a list of chores for him to do.

Spike wasn't very hungry, so he got to work sweeping the floor. The clock on the wall read: 9:00, as he glanced at it. In the two or three hours until noon, Spike was able to finish all of the chores on the list, making use of his draconian magic. He checked off the last thing on the list and placed it on the table, having finished just in time for lunch.

He started preparing a plate of nachos in the kitchen, as a snack. He remembered having done all of this before, but he decided to add something new to the meal. He reached into the cabinet above the oven, pulling out a sack of gems.

"Heh, heh. Twilight doesn't even know, that I discovered the location of one of her 'secret' gem stashes." Spike chuckled, adding a few of the delectable treats to the top of his stack of nachos.

Spike had grown taller from using the 'Dragon's Bane' sword, so he could reach areas he couldn't before, without a stepladder. As he set the plate on the table, he remembered that his pack was still on his back, somehow. He quickly hid it upstairs in his basket, after taking off his ancient necklace and putting it inside the pack. Spike didn't need Twilight asking about the items inside it, especially not the pendant. She thought it was still in the secret passage, and at this time, it still was.

Spike returned downstairs to eat his nachos, but he received a letter. He opened it to see if it was from who he thought it was, but tossed it to the side upon reading it. It was the letter that started this whole mess from Princess Luna, but this time, Spike had no intention of going to visit her. He found a quill and a scroll to write her back, telling her that transportation wouldn't be necessary, since he wasn't going to be able to make it. He finished, saying that he was sorry, but he was busy. He sent it with fire breath, then burned the letter she had sent, the remnants floating into the nearby fireplace and becoming ashes.

"That takes care of that."

Spike picked up a ruby and sapphire from the nachos and munched on them, thoughtfully. The dragon couldn't think of much to do, even though he had the rest of the day off, so he traveled upstairs to take a nap. He slid under the covers in his basket, feeling sleepy all of a sudden.

Spike went to sleep easily, believing that he had prevented the horrible future from ever happening.

PreviousChapters Next