• Published 7th Jun 2020
  • 2,072 Views, 52 Comments

Ultimate Alliance: Villains of Equestria - PhoenixFlambe



You thought that was the beginning or ending of the end? Well you're wrong!

  • ...
6
 52
 2,072

The Queen and her Cronies

"Bah, why am I listening to that old fart?" Chrysalis groaned, "I am Chrysalis, queen of the changelings, and a queen obeys no one! Mwahahahahaha."

Crowed the queen, as she makes her way to the last location that her former subjects were last seen alive, the Tree of Harmony. And that tree was last located in a cave beneath the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters. Good times, she thought. As she entered the cave, she noticed something was off. At the end of the cave, it was filled with nothing but crystals. Where is the tree?!, she thought. But not before noticing something else was amiss. Apparently, the crystals grew past the cave's ceilings, almost as if it was overgrowing.

Chrysalis decided to exit the cave and went directly to the ruins of the castle. When she got there, her jaw dropped. In its place was a crystalline building with what appears to be branches and leaves, also made from the same crystal. It was then that she realised, Wait, did the tree grow into this? If that's the case, then it must be a treehouse!

With that discovery, she smirked a little and proceeded to make her way towards the Treehouse of Harmony. Once she got to the entrance, an entity resembling Twilight Sparkle appeared, blocking Chrysalis' path.

"Halt! Intruder! Identify yourself!" the Twilight lookalike bellowed.

Chrysalis had to think quick, in which she decided to morph into Ocellus, one of Twilight's or rather, the accursed Starlight Glimmer's ace student at the School of Friendship.

"Stop! It's me! Ocellus!" she yelled, hoping that Twilight Sparkle would buy her disguise.

"Oh, it's you, Ocellus," said Twilight Sparkle, relieved.

"Eeyup, it's me alright, I just thought I would play a prank on you sometime," stammered Not-Ocellus, smiling hesitantly.

"Well, you got me good," maintained Not-Twilight Sparkle, "What brings you here, my changeling friend?"

"Well, uh, I think I left something back at the treehouse," she lied, still smiling widely.

"I see, well then, follow me," ushered Not-Twilight Sparkle as she beckoned Ocellus to follow her.

Once inside the treehouse, Chrysalis was utterly amazed by the interior. It was solely made in crystal, including the furniture occupying it. Everything was just so sparkly.

"So, Ocellus, what is it that you're looking for?" asked the faux Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis, who was still disguised as the treacherous changeling nymph, snapped out of it. "Well, you see Twilight."

"Twilight? Oh, have you forgotten, my dear Ocellus?" reminded the entity warmly, "I'm not the actual Twilight Sparkle, but the spiritual manifestation of the Tree of Harmony!"

Chrysalis' jaw dropped at the shock of the revelation. Could it really be? The Tree of Harmony has become sentient? Impossible..., she thought.

"What's wrong? You look like you have seen a ghost," asked the concerned Tree of Harmony.

"Oh no, it's nothing," Chrysalis came back to her senses. "I am curious though, why pick Twilight's form out of everypony else? Or creature? Why not Chrysalis?"

The Tree of Harmony looked at 'Ocellus' weird, "Why would I pick a terrible changeling queen that tried to conquer Equestria while keeping your hive starving?"

Chrysalis resisted the urge to pounce at her, trying hard not to blow her cover.

"As for Twilight, well, she knows a lot more about friendship, I feel a really strong connection to her. Hence, why I picked her form." the Tree of Harmony continued.

"I see...." understood 'Ocellus', "Anyway, have you seen five coloured logs around here? I know it was last seen around here."

"And how would you know that?" asked the Tree of Harmony skeptically.

Chrysalis was sweating hard, "Oh! Um, one of my friends told me about it!"

"Who, might I ask?" the Tree of Harmony questioned further.

"Uhhhhmm, Starlight Glimmer! She needs it for a school project!" she lied with a rather wide smile.

"Oh, I mean I see, well it's right beside the potted plant, right over here," the Tree of Harmony answered, pointing behind the disguised changeling.

Chrysalis looked behind her and sure enough, there's a potted plant in the corner of the main room. Beside it was five coloured logs, which Chrysalis knew as her former minions. She smirked wide at that as she approach them slowly.

"Well, well, my naughty little children," she taunted softly, "Where have you been all this time? Sitting in the corner like children you are. You deserved it, for not obeying your creator."

"Ocellus? Is everything alright? Who are you talking to?" quavered the Tree of Harmony, who looked at her weird.

Again, the disguised changeling queen snapped out of it.

"What? Uhh, nopony? Umm, I gotta go now, it was nice meeting you!" said Chrysalis with fake happiness, as she grabbed all of the logs and flown out of the main door very quickly.

Once out of the Tree of Harmony's 'field of vision', she reverted back to her true form and cackled loudly but not loud enough for the Tree of Harmony to hear.

The spiritual manifestation of the Tree of Harmony stepped out of the doorway, looking at the sky.

"Well, I'm glad she got what she came for," the Tree of Harmony smiled innocently.

Immediately after, the 'real' Ocellus came by to the Treehouse of Harmony.

"Oh! Tree of Harmony!" she called.

The Tree of Harmony looked up at her.

"Ocellus? Back so soon?" she asked, slightly confused.

"Oh, umm, it's actually been a while since I last saw you, so I thought I'll come visit," jabbered Ocellus, putting her left foreleg behind her head.

The Tree of Harmony looked at her weird.

"But Ocellus, I just saw you here a few minutes ago," told the Tree of Harmony.

"Are you sure? It could be another changeling, we don't look that much different even with the different colours," Ocellus contemplated.

"I'm sure it was you, you said you needed the logs for some project," the Tree of Harmony stated.

"Logs? Oh! That must be Triceps. He said he needed logs to build a sculpture or something," shared Ocellus, "Maybe he figured you're more comfortable if he looked like me."

The Tree of Harmony pondered for five minutes.

"You know what? Maybe you're right, I guess there's nothing to worry about," concluded the Tree of Harmony, "Now why don't you come in and have a chat with me?"