• Published 5th Oct 2019
  • 2,191 Views, 103 Comments

Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Equestrian Adventure - ariellewilson



When the Super Megaforce Rangers got trapped in Equestria, a place filled with colorful ponies, by one of Levira's inventions, they meet up with Elements of Harmony.

  • ...
7
 103
 2,191

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Bringing In The Winter

Noah and Fluttershy, along with Hazel, who stayed a few hooves behind, walked down to White Tail Woods to meet up with their friends, wearing clothes for winter - which is coming today.

Noah liked what Fluttershy was wearing. She had a light purple sweater, with earmuffs on her ears. He simply wore a winter hat and scarf with his normal clothes he wore every day.

Hazel just had a scarf on, wrapped around her neck.

When they got closer to the woods, Noah saw Cloudsdale coming their way, pegasi heading on over there. A few came back with clouds full of flakes of snow, ready to rain them down.

The birds had flown south for the chilly weather, the animals ready for slumber, to sleep throughout the winter until spring arrives.

He then saw his friends. “Guys.” Calling out of them, he trotted over to his pals. Fluttershy went with him. Hazel came last. “I see they brought the clouds to bring in the snow,” he observed the pegasi from above. “I guess all of the pegasi have to get the snow out of those clouds.”

“Yep,” Twilight answered with closed, happy eyes. “The pegasi bring in the snow, meaning that Lighting Twister, Orion, Dash, Emma, Hazel, Fluttershy, can help.” This got the shy one to sadden. “I mean, unless you want to do the Running of the Leaves,” she gave her another choice. “The rest of us will be doing that.”

“It’s fine, Twi,” Fluttershy assured, gazing at the sky. “I never brought in weather for how I’m busy with the animals. It’ll be a great change for once. Noah can’t help.” Looking at Noah, her face turned a shade of pink. “He could help unless he was a pony race like them,” she pointed at the pegasi in the sky. “I hope you won’t mind…” She directed her attention back to the young stallion.

“Nah, it’s fine. I can help with shaking the leaves off the branches,” he said, knowing he won’t mind helping the rest of the team on the ground. “I’ll be racing with you guys.”

Jake laughed. “Good one, dude!”

“I’m not joking,” Noah replied, keeping his good attitude.

“What? You’re not an athlete. You’re a… well… you’re a nerd.”

“It doesn’t mean I cannot race. Orion is an alien.”

“But have you run in a race?” Jake asked. Gia slapped his back.

“Let him race,” she told him, looking at him with the corner of her eye, her face all solemn.

“Well, no. I did read about it,” Noah responded in a thinking expression.

“And you learned this…” Jake waited for his best friend to finish his answer.

“From another book.”

This got the Green Ranger to fall on his back, laughing hysterically. “What you read? The Nerd’s Guide To Running?” He stood up, placing his arm on his friend. “Did you do brain exercises to get yourself ready?” He fell back on the dirt floor. “Get it? Brain excercises.”

Troy sighed. Emma shook her head.

“Scoff if you must, Jake. The Running of the Leaves is a Ponyville tradition. I may be a brainy guy, it doesn’t mean I shouldn’t race,” Noah replied with great feelings. “Orion and Emma may not be athletic. Gia, of course, can race since she's a strong team member aside from you. Troy does martial arts, being part of somewhat of an athlete. It doesn’t matter whether you’re athletic or not. I won’t care about winning.”

“You’re right.” Fluttershy smiled at his confidence. “For how smart you are, I’m sure you can win.”

His face turned somewhat red. “Thanks, Flutters…”

“Ponies who are racing, please come up to sign in and get your number.” Everyone looked up to see Pinkie Pie in a hot air balloon. “This is your announcer speaking. Be sure to sign up and get your number,” she spoke into a megaphone attached to the basket she was in. “Jake, Sugar, you wanna be my co-reporters?”

“I’m gonna be racing. I wanna win for Gia.”

“Sure thing. Sugar?”

“I can help,” she enthusiastically volunteered.

“Climb on up.” Pinkie tossed down a rope. Sugar was about to grab it when Twilight picked her up with her magical horn.

“Let me help.”

Sugar got lifted into the balloon basket.

With her with Pinkie, the rest went in opposite directions - Noah, Jake, Twilight, Troy, Gia, Cobalt, Starlight, Ice Crystal, Mythic Diamond, Rarity, Applejack, and Lacy, headed to the table to sign up for the race, getting their numbers. Orion, Dash, Fluttershy, Hazel, Lighting Twister, and Emma headed up in the air, going to the mobile city to get the clouds.

The ones on the ground signed in, receiving their numbers. Normally, the ponies will stick their numbers on their flanks. This time, they were on chains, where they wear their numbers like necklaces.

Jake was the first one to get his number - sixty-four. Gia got sixty-five for her number. Sixty-six was Troy’s, Applejack got sixty-seven, Twilight got sixty-eight, Ice got sixty-nine, Cobalt got the number seventy, and the rest got numbers following his number.

Noah, who got the number seventy-eight on his tag, went up to the starting line.

Pinkie began the count down. “On your mark…” All the ponies got in potion. “...get set…” She raised the checkered flag.

“Go!” Sugar finished when the flag was waved.

Everyone galloped off. Well, Twilight trotted, remembering slow and steady is the way to go.

The others are way ahead - sprinting across the path. Noah’s legs began to feel tired when he was only several yards away from the starting line, slowing down into a trot like Twilight is doing, though he’s way ahead of her.

Jake turned his head to see his best friend slowing down. He went in the opposite direction, going up to his pal. “You know, what I said back there, I was teasing ya,” he apologized, trotting along side with him. “I’m used to seeing you being on your computer or your tablet.” The leaves began raining down on the ground, the sound of the thundering hooves shaking them off. “Did you tell…”

“Uh, uh.” Noah went on with his trotting. “I would rather wait for the right time.”

The earth pony quirked a brow. “Looks like you’re denying your feelings to her,” he presumed.

“Did you tell your crush about your feelings?” This got him to be silent, for Noah made a good point. “I’m not denying my feelings towards Fluttershy.” Lifting his eyes to the sky, he saw her with a cloud. “I was going to tell her when we’re in Seaquestria…”

“And you chickened out?” Noah nodded. He felt Jake elbow him. “Aw, no worries, bud,” he reassured the Blue Ranger. “When I think about it, it’s best for everyone to go at their own pace. I know Gia likes me. She hadn’t admitted it yet, except I can tell she likes me. When you replayed my soccer trick on your tablet, I looked at her, seeing her blush. It tells me that she does have feelings like I have for her. She may not want to say it, but I know she will.” Looking straight ahead, he went back to a gallop. “I’ll see you at the finish line - nerd!” he hollered behind him, letting out a laugh.

Noah sighed, though chuckled nothing less.

His legs felt less tired, going back to a gallop, the leaves continuing to shake off from their branches, raining down on him.

He was far behind from everypony else - except for Twilight who was looking at the scenery.

Fluttershy won’t mind about him coming in last place. She’s too sweet for her to get mad at him.

Up in the sky, Emma went up to a male pegasus, who also brought in a couple of clouds with him. “Where do you want these clouds to go?” she said, smiling at him.

“Over by Clear Skies,” he answered. Her smile went away.

“But there’s clear skies everywhere,” she told him.

“Yo, Clear Skies right here,” another pegasus came in, going between them with a joyful grin.

“There’s clear skies over there, too.” Emma pointed.

“That’s Open Skies,” the other female pegasus smiled.

“There’s open skies everywhere,” Emma said, getting confused.

“I’m not everywhere, I’m right here,” the male one said, placing his hooves on his sides with a proud grin.

Emma let out somewhat of a sigh. “Wait. You’re Open Skies and you’re Clear Skies,” she said, finally understanding what they’re saying. “Then…” She flared out her arms. “...what’s all this?”

“Open clear skies,” both of them stated in proudness.

She blinked. “Okay…” Looking around, she went over to where Orion is, who is lightly kicking at one of the clouds, letting out the snowflakes. “Can I help?” she politely said, placing herself on another cloud. It felt soft under her hooves.

He stopped kicking at the cloud. “Sure. You can hop the clouds or kick at them to bring down the snow. It’s the same process when we have to make it rain.” He went on top of the cloud he was working on, hopping up and down.

After watching him, Emma did the same thing, when she saw the others running by them. “Go, Troy, go!” she cheered, seeing him running ahead of the others. She saw Noah a ways behind, doing his best to catch up. Honestly, she doesn’t care who wins.

A few clouds away, Fluttershy was laying on hers, tapping it lightly, watching Noah. He may not be an athlete, but at least he’s doing his best.

The snowflakes floated gently, as she thought about him when Rainbow and Lighting Twister approached her. “Hey, girl,” Rainbow spoke. “Are you excited for Hearth’s Warming Eve?”

“Uh, huh,” she somewhat answered, her eyes on Noah who brushed off the trail, watching him slow down to a steady pace.

The other two saw the dreaming look on her face. They looked at each other then back at the yellow one. Lighting Twister put on a smug expression. “Let us guess…” She flew up to her. “You like this Noah guy, don’t you?”

This got her to snap out of her dreaming state. “Uhh…” She doesn’t have to say it because her face began glowing red.

“You have a crush on him!” Due to Dash’s exclaim, her friend’s cheeks got more red than ever. “Haha!” Fluttershy felt her slap her on the back, releasing a quiet yelp. “Gee, I knew you for a long time since we were kids, but I never knew you had crushes on stallions.”

Sitting up on the cloud, she had to frown at what was stated out of the blue sky pegasus’s mouth. “...maybe it’s because you hadn’t realized it. When I think about it, I hadn’t had crushes on any colts - until I met Noah.” Rainbow snickered. “He’s a nice guy, smart too, and I know the both of us have the same feelings for each other, and well…” She trailed off, gazing at the ground. “You can snicker all you want, Dash,” she firmly said with serious eyes she hardly uses. “I never snicker at you when your cheeks bloom when you’re around Soarin.”

This time, it was the athlete's turn for a blush appearance. “He’s cute,” she tried to excuse. “Too bad he won’t be my plus one for the Gala since Orion and I are going together. Thank Celestia it’s not a romantic kind of plus one kind of date.”

Lighting Twister cocked her head. “Gala... Mind telling us again about this 'Gala' thing is about, even though we've been already told about it.”

“It’s a party Celestia holds every year.” Pinkie and Sugar Cupcake came up to them. “It isn’t a party where you get to play party games,” Pinkie slightly frowned. “Though, I bet Rarity will make you girls - and Cobalt - nice dresses and a suit like she’s doing for the Rangers. She’d made dresses before you guys came into our world.” She went through her mane, pulling out a cookie. “By the way, we use tickets to get into the party. I’m not sure if the princess sent you Power Ponies any.”

Sugar Cupcake shook her head. “No, she hadn’t.”

Pinkie dropped the cookie. “I’ll be right back.” Using her fluffy tail, she twirled it around like a helicopter at top speed. Seconds later, she came back. “I told Twilight. She promises to write to the princess about it.”

“You can fly with your tail?” Sugar asked, unable to believe what she saw.

“Yep,” she beamed. “Let’s get back to reportng the race.” The wind blew them gently away from their pegasi friends.

Rainbow and Twister went to get more clouds from Cloudsdale, leaving Fluttershy behind who continued with the same puffy cloud.

Orion came up to Emma with another cloud. “Where should this cloud go?”

“To Clear Skies and Open Skies.”

He looked around, seeing lots of spaces. “Em, there’s clear skies all over us. Including open skies.”

“No,” she giggled in mid-flight. “There’s two ponies named Clear Skies and Open Skies.”

“Ohh,” he then understood. It was his turn to laugh. “I got confused for a second. Who’s next? Fluffy Clouds?” The two shared a laugh.

“Did somepony call my name?” a happy pegasus said, joining them.

They stopped, exchanging glances to one another. Emma shrugged. “Guess we have to be careful on what we say,” she smiled. She took a hold of the cloud that the Silver Ranger has. “I’ll help you.” With her on one side, Orion got to the other side, and the two of them took the cloud over to Open Skies and Clear Skies.

Down below, the Blue Ranger stopped, dropping his head. His legs are getting tired, and even though it was getting colder due to the snow falling, creating piles among piles of it, he was sweating.

Panting, he wiped his forehead when Twilight came up to him. “Tired?” He nodded. “You should walk the rest of the way.”

“Good…” he panted. “...advice.” The two of them walked. “What place did you get from last time? Unless you ran this race, that is.”

“I got fifth place,” she answered, remembering the day. “We might be tied for last place. Not all of the ponies cross the finish line. When I saw it, I sprinted on over there, crossing the white line.”

“Must’ve been nice to get a place,” he said, when he saw the finish line.

He saw a lot of the ponies there who hadn’t crossed the finish line, one of them being Jake, who was sitting on the ground, catching his breath.

A few ponies who had passed the finish were also out of breath.

Not caring if Noah is in last place or what, he sprinted on over there, crossing over the line.

“And Noah wins ninth place,” Sugar announced, where he received a medal with the number nine on it.

“Tenth place goes to Twilight Sparkle,” Pinkie was next to announce. The alicorn got her medal.

“Great job, Noah and Twilight,” Troy congratulated, coming up to them, wearing a medal with the number three on it.

“Thanks, man.” The two stallions bumped hooves, with Twilight being the next one to do it. “Who got first place?” Noah asked.

Gia proudly went up to them, with a gold medal, holding her head up in a proud manner. “I did,” she confirmed, showing him the reward. “Looks like Jake got too tired to win to impress me.”

“I was…” Jake went up to her once he was able to get his breaths caught. “...going to win like I said earlier.” He swept his hoof over his forehead, getting rid of some sweat. “For now, I’m waiting for all the snow to be on the ground. Wish we could help, except the pegasi seemed to be doing well.”

Gia chuckled. “Yeah.” Placing her arm around his shoulder, she led him over to a table. “Looks like you need some water. You did your best.” The response she got from him was a blushful face. He went over to get a cup of water from her.

Noah got his when Fluttershy came back to him. “I hadn’t gotten first place,” he apologized to her, though shrugged it off. The two of them walked together, away from everyone else, heading over to where there's sand and a nice ocean, coming in with small tides. He sat down with Fluttershy right next to him. “Do you know how to ice skate?” he asked out of nowhere.

She gave him an honest answer. “Nope. You?”

“When I was a kid, yes,” he shrugged, a fun fact about him that his friends didn't know about, sipping on his water. He took off his blue blazer, placing it on the pegasus. “I thought I'd place it on you since it’s getting chilly out,” he blushed, smiling at his chivalrous towards her. “I know you’re wearing a sweater, but I always wore my blazer all the time, my warmth invading it.”

“It’s very nice of you,” she appreciated, feeling how warm it is. “I got you a gift for Hearth’s Warming Eve.”

“What is it?”

“You have to wait, silly.” She playfully poked his nose. “Come on, let’s help get the leaves cleaned up.”

“What about you helping out the other pegasi?”

“They can manage,” she simply smiled, and the two of them went to help get the leaves cleaned off the ground.

PreviousChapters Next