• Published 25th Sep 2019
  • 855 Views, 3 Comments

Blasphemous Equus - Reizthefakebrony



An attempt to make a crossover with Blasphemous. Don't expect anything spectacular since this is just an experiment of mine.

  • ...
 3
 855

Grievous Prelude

"And because your hope of everlasting Harmony is your guilt, I shall claim your life."

Those are the words spoken by a mysterious being wielding his own sword and stabbing it through one alicorn's body, in the very dark of night. The alicorn screamed in agony and the sword began fusing itself with her own body. Thorns protruded from it and traveled through her veins, and her body began to turn into a wooden statue that was still bleeding.

"That will make your chest burn with regret that goes far beyond your woodened body."

The entity turned away and made his way toward the exit without even looking back. Behind him, the alicorn's body began to irradiate a darkened aura coming and began to crack.

"Farewell... Princess Twilight Sparkle."

As he disappeared in the dark, the alicorn exuded a magical shockwave of corrupted magic that engulfed the entire Equestria, turning every creature into monsters, being their own desire and sin personified. And in some case, even virtue was personified, but in a very twisted way. Thus Equestria fell down in a age of chaos that ravaged the land in a blink of an eye.

That deicide gave birth to the Unworthy Miracle, with the Canterlot mountain being the forbidden pinnacle of it. The word perished and remained in that state for centuries.

At least until that day... In which a human soul was picked up from hell and was rebirth as the Renegade One.


In a sanctuary far away from the rest of the world, in a room full of armored dead bodies, someone suddenly woke up from the slumber and rose up. Dizzied, he looked around and was immediately disgusted by the landscape of pony corpses around him. He realized to wear an pointy helmet with a iron mask. But more than that, he realized that he can't speak, as if his voice was silenced by some obscure force. He looked at the rest of his body, being a humanoid pony-like bipedal one.

He was obviously not human, and was not a pony either, although he had a cutey mark being a number eight made of metal. His forelegs were arm with clawed fingers and his hind legs being talons.

The first thing that came in his mind was the image of his real entity and a voice who spoke to him.

"Airel Nim. Shall this journey being both your fate and a way to atone for your sins that you had committed in your previous existence as the Penitent One."

Putting that aside, Airel looked around one more time and noticed a metallic thorny sword at his feet. He picked that up and walked across the room filled of corpses, reaching one exit. He stepped inside a corridor and traveled around through the maze of hall filled by other corpses, with the torches illuminating the way.

"At least that made me understand the situation for a little portion." He thought.

As he continued to walk, Airel checked every corner of the desecrated place in search for a hint about his mission and the world in which he was in.

Suddenly, a roar accompanied by the echoing sound of slammed metal ranged at his left. He turned toward the source and faced a opened metallic gate leading to another room full of armored pony corpses. He reluctantly walked inside, expecting whatever horror was waiting for him.

Airel has his fear being founded when something fell in front of him, making the the earth shaking for a moment. That thing looked like and ariel minotaur hybrid with some of his muscles being exposed and was armed with a giant hammer made of gold. He roared ferociously and tried smash him.

Airel rolled away, but was then sent to fly along with some corpses by a shockwave caused by hammer's impact with ground. He fell on the ground with one corpse falling upon his body and his sword falling from his hand. The monster roared and was about to jump toward him. Airel moved away the body and picked up his sword as the monster jumped in his direction.

The creature landed in front of him, causing another earthquake. Airel almost stumble but remained still and glared furiously in the monster's savage eyes.

"I can't speak? No, problem. I let my sword doing the talk." He thought.

The monster was going to hit him with his hammer, only for Airel to slide under his legs and wounded both of them with his sword, causing the monster to fall on his kneels. The creature roared aggressively as Airel stood up from behind him. Ignoring the pain, it stood up and tried to deliver an horizontal smash. Airel ducked and cut off both of his arm, making his hammer falling on the ground and causing another earthquake.

The monster screeched furiously as he tried to pick up the golden hammer with the other arm, not noticing Airel making a high jump above it's head and stabbed it's skull with his sword. The blood erupted as he pulled out his weapon from and landed in front of the creature, which was now falling on the ground. It was dead.

A little bit shaken by both his newfound combat abilities and the monster itself, Airel was about to leave when a obscure instinct induced him to stay. He approached the creature's dead body and carved one deep wound into his chest. He then removed the helmet and filled it with it's blood, a moment before putting it on again, soaking his own hand with the said blood. At that point, he realized in horror what he had done.

"What the hell was I doing?"

"Penitent One." A mysterious voice said from the gate at the end of the room. "Regretful be the heart. His anguish and anger had both come to a end."

"Who is it?"

Airel followed the voice outside the cathedral and found himself in front of a wasteland, adorned with a bleak orange sky. But that wasn't the only thing. In front of him there was a taller pony with a pointy cape and a spiral like mask wielding a scroll.

"This is Equestria as it came to be after the advent of the Unworthy Miracle. This is only the beginning. The beginning of both your atonement and your destiny."