• Published 27th Sep 2019
  • 1,774 Views, 6 Comments

The Return of a Legendary Friend - Brian Sheil



A human from the pony world's past returns to see how much has changed.

  • ...
 6
 1,774

Given a Grand Tour

Megan was shown around Ponyville by Twilight and her friends. She was very amazed at what see sees.

"Ponyville is a great little village." Megan chirped. "You and your friends are fortunate to live here."

"Thanks, Megan." Twilight replied. "There's one building here in Ponyville we're all proud of."

Twilight pointed to a building with a large clock on the roof. She explained it to Megan. "This is the School of Friendship. I'm head mare of this school, Starlight is a school counselor, and the rest of the Mane Six are teachers."

"Rainbow Dash a teacher?" Megan said humourously. "I was told by Starlight that Rainbow is more like a pony of action. Not book learning."

"You got that right, Megster." Dash responded. "But, ever since I started reading books about my favorite hero, Daring Do, I gained a lot of respect for what I call eggheads. I guess it was only a matter of time before I became one."

Megan turned her attention to Twilight. "I heard that you love to read. Right, Twilight."

"You heard right." Twilight replied. "In fact, there used to be a place called the Golden Oak library. Me and Spike used to live there. Even before I became a princess."

"But, a vicious monster named Tirek destroyed it during a battle against that beast!" Spike added.

Megan's eyes widened. "Tirek? I had an encounter with a creature named Tirac the Terrible when I first arrived in Ponyland. You must've faced his descendant."

"Maybe." Twilight replied. "I hadn't thought of that."

Rarity stepped forward to tell Megan about a grand moment. "One day, while Twilight and Spike were relaxing at the Ponyville Spa, the rest of us were decorating her castle. And, made a chandelier out of that library's giant root."

"Rarity's right." Fluttershy said. "This way, Twilight will always know where she started her life in Ponyville from."

"It's nice to know the roots of your adventures." Megan said. She realized that she made a comment that sounded like a bad joke. "Oops. Sorry, about that."

"No problem." Applejack said. ”We heard worse."

The tour through the village continues as Rarity points to another building. "This is my flagship store here in Ponyville, Megan. It also serves as my residence."

"You live in there, Rarity?" Megan asked.

"Correct, darling. Me and my little sister, Sweetie Belle, live here and help each other."

"I help others too." Pinkie interrupted. "I live in a room above Sugarcube Corner, which is Ponyville's bakery. When the Bakery opens, I rise up to help the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, get everything ready for customers."

"I guess you help others too, Applejack." Megan said.

"Yup." Applejack replied. "My home is at Sweet Apple Acres. It has the juiciest apples you ever had. Them apple trees are well cared for by me and my family."

"How wonderful. I'd like to meet your family someday."

Rainbow Dash then spoke up. "I represent a great group of elite fliers called 'The Wonderbolts'."

"Are they like stunt ponies?" Megan wondered.

"Not quite. But, we do perform shows for anypony who like to watch aerial maneuvers."

"That sounds cool." Megan then turns to the nature pony. "How about you, Fluttershy?"

"I live here in Ponyville." Fluttershy answered. "But, I help out at a place called Sweet Feathers Sanctuary. Where after any sick or injured animals are treated, they recover and eventually return to the wild."

"Why don't you take Megan there, Fluttershy." Twilight suggested.

"Good idea, Twilight."

Fluttershy escorted Megan to a wooded area. Megan saw a beautiful sight. Animals roaming in fields, birds resting in trees, and fish swimming in water.

"You got something here." Megan praised. "These animals look very happy here."

"They feel really happy when they return to the wild." Fluttershy said. "Makes me feel good seeing a healthy animal."

Megan watched all of the activities, and gives a big smile. "I can see why."