• Published 27th Sep 2019
  • 1,773 Views, 6 Comments

The Return of a Legendary Friend - Brian Sheil



A human from the pony world's past returns to see how much has changed.

  • ...
 6
 1,773

Meeting Twilight's Friends

Twilight took Megan across the sky. Soon, they came to a floating rainbow.

"You were right, Twilight!" Megan said surprisingly. "The Rainbow Bridge is back up."

"That's right, Megan." Twilight replied. "Here we go!"

The two figures crossed the Rainbow Bridge. On the other side, Megan looked down and was astounded. "We made it!"

Twilight gave Megan a grand announcement. "Welcome to Equestria!"

They flew over a majestic city on a cliff. Twilight explained the city to Megan. "This is the grand city of Canterlot. It's where I originally come from. The castle that's at that city is the home of the Princesses of Equestria. Celestia and Luna."

"Are they alicorns too?" Megan asked.

"Good guess. I was born a unicorn. But, after performing a grand deed, I grew these wings. I became an alicorn too."

"Wow! That's fantastic!"

Soon, Twilight landed in Ponyville. After Megan got off, Twilight explained to Megan about this village. "This is the peaceful village of Ponyville. It's where I live now."

"Pretty nice." Megan said. "Reminds me of Dream Valley."

Twilight and Megan soon came up to the crystal castle.

"This castle is beautiful." Megan cooed. "Who lives here?"

Twilight gave Megan an answer she didn't expect. "Me."

The young girl was shocked. "You?! Does this mean you're pony royalty or something?"

"You might say that. After a great battle against a dangerous creature, this castle appeared. And, Celestia named me the Princess of Friendship."

"Princess of Friendship. That's a wonderful title."

"Thank you, my new friend." Twilight said with happiness. "Come inside with me."

Megan followed Twilight into the castle. As they venture through the halls, Megan had a thought.

"I noticed something when we arrived." Megan said to Twilight. "Many of the ponies here looked at me. But, they weren't shocked. It's as if I was welcomed with open arms."

"That because many ponies here in Equestria heard stories about you." Twilight explained. "And, so did other creatures as well."

"Other creatures?"

"Yes. Dragons, changelings, griffons, yaks, and others. They all heard about your adventures in the days of Ponyland."

The two figures made their way into the map room, where Twilight's friends were waiting. They were all surprised at the sight of the kind human girl.

"Wowee!" Pinkie shouted. "That's got to be her."

"So, this is miss Megan." Rarity said.

Applejack approached the visitor. "Howdy, Megan, My name is Applejack. Glad to met y'all."

Megan was happy to see the farmer pony. "Glad to meet you. I knew a pony named Applejack once."

"Probably my ancestor. I heard you're a farmer girl."

"That's right." Megan replied. "I'm part of a great farmer family."

"So am I. We should get together at my home someday."

Fluttershy slowly walked up to Megan. She saw the yellow Pegasus, and was amazed. "Aw, you're beautiful."

"Really?" Fluttershy said. "That's nice to hear. My name is Fluttershy. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Fluttershy has a way to understand animals." Twilight explained. "She really loves being in contact with nature."

"Nice to know." Megan replied as she turned to Fluttershy. "I have a little sister who would love to meet you."

"There's more to me than what Twilight is saying." Fluttershy added.

Rarity approaches the visitor. "My name is Rarity. I am what you might call a pony fashionista."

"Oh?" Megan blurted. "You design and make clothes?"

"That is correct. Believe it or not, I helped put together three boutiques. One here in Ponyville, one in Canterlot, and the third in far off Manehattan."

Megan was very surprised to hear this. "How does one run three stores at once?"

"I have friends who are managers at my Canterlot and Manehattan locations. They do a good job running those stores. I check up on them once in a while."

"It's good to have friends to help you out." Megan figured.

Suddenly, Megan got blasted by a bunch of confetti. She shook off the confetti to see Pinkie Pie with a cannon. The party pony greeted her. "Welcome to Equestria!"

"Who are you?" Megan asked.

"The name's Pinkie Pie. Party pony extraordinaire!"

"Pinkie loves to set off her confetti cannon." Applejack informed.

"A confetti cannon?" Megan yelped. "That's something you don't see every day."

"That's what everypony likes about Pinkie Pie." Rainbow Dash said as she comes to the conversation. "She is full of surprises. My name is Rainbow Dash. One of the best fliers in all of Equestria."

Megan looks at the daredevil. "Wow! I love your mane and your tail. They're both so colorful."

Rainbow Dash was pleased with the comment. "If you like my mane and tail, just watch this!"

Dash zipped in many directions. Megan watched the rainbow streaks in the air zipped by. When Rainbow Dash stopped, the farmer girl was impressed. "Awesome! No wonder your name is Rainbow Dash."

Just then, Spike came to the room to deliver news to Twilight. "Ember is coming, Twilight."

"Must be important if the leader of the dragons wants to see me." Twilight figured.

Megan spotted the little dragon. "And, who is this critter?"

"Megan, this is Spike. He's my faithful assistant."

The girl looked at Spike with a smile on her face. "I knew a dragon named Spike before."

"Probably my ancestor." Spike said. "I heard many stories about how he helped you and the ponies of Ponyland."

Megan was surprised to hear that comment. "Man. My past adventures here are like an open book."

"That's one way of putting it." A female voice called out. The voice belonged to a pink unicorn with a purple and light teal mane and tail. "My name is Starlight Glimmer. And, I also heard stories about you."

Megan blushed as Twilight spoke. "Me and my friends are going to check on something, Megan. How about staying here and keeping Starlight company."

Megan agreed with the idea. "Okay, Twilight. See you later."

As Twilight and the others meet up with Dragon Lord Ember, Starlight approached Megan. "Great bunch of friends. Aren't they?"

"They sure are." Megan replied.

"I can tell you things about those six ponies that will really impress you."