• Published 16th Apr 2021
  • 304 Views, 5 Comments

8 Realms of Magic - AzuraKeres



A world with 9 interconnected realms, 8 arbiters are chosen by the Cosmic Tree that connects them. They must unite to find harmony and prevent the coming of a prophecized tragedy.

  • ...
1
 5
 304

EP 1: Where Destiny Lies|CH 11

Star’s body stirred in something wet. She gradually fluttered her eyes open in a dark room. With a grown, she’s pushed her head off the ground, now drenched in water that flooded beneath her.

Her eyes peered easily through the darkness, noting the area to be a craggy passage. They possessed the ability of dark vision. No darkness could hinder her sight.

Star then rubbed her forehead, realizing a sharp pain in its region. She had to admit that her plan wasn’t exactly her best moment. But at least she’s here.

“Ugh, how long was I out?” Star groaned. “Hey Ratty, what happened? … Ratty?”

Star looked around at her dark surroundings but found Ratty nowhere in sight.

“Ratty!” She called for him again. “Hey, Ratty! Where’d you run off to!?”

Star noted the water flowing into a passage hidden by a turn. She surmised her brother might have pressed onward where the cosmic root might be.

Would have been nice to wake me first.

“Hey, wait up!” Star shouted. “You better not be trying to hog the spirit for yourself!”

Star traveled through the wavy passage, shimmying through narrow portions her slender form could not slip through. If Chip was here, he could have terraformed the area without the risks of collapsing the cave.

He’d probably give Star a whole speech about the safety protocol of traveling in a cave, but Star thought of it as a fair tradeoff. Plus, it’d be nice to have someone to complain to right now.

The water splashing upon Star’s hooves felt icky. She could feel touches of the dirt and random florae crawling and sticking upon her.

If Yuki was here, she’d probably freeze the entire water to protect her dainty hooves. It would certainly help save Star from the wall building on her hooves.

Yuki would also make quips and gossip about folks in the city. Star knew her to be a glutton for drama. But so was Star.

Star began to shiver from the cold air. If only Yori was around she could warm the place with a warm light of her magic. The passage seemed to grow cooler the deeper she trudged inside.

Even Yori’s optimism could do some help for Star. The playful spirit of Yori would rouse a warm glee in Star. It would certainly fit the weight burrowing more and more in Star.

If Star simply had Ratty prattling about on her back, that’d probably be enough for her.

It’s strange. Star never imagined feeling so empty in the darkness. Usually, she would feel at home, but all she hoped was to get through it to find Ratty.

Star then noticed a light in the distance. She galloped forth and reached an open room.

She discovered a ray of light that draped over a strange object. At the center stood a collection of thick beige roots that had sprung up against each other on a small hill of dirt. The thick roots lined against each other and then folded evenly at their tip. It was like Star was looking at a giant-sized chalice.

Enamored by its oddity, she approached it. Stepping onto the small hill, Star could see the smooth ridges of the roots carrying a small sparkling stream of yellow.

“It’s Cosmic sap,” Star recognized. “Then, this is the Cosmic root.”

All she had to do was touch it, and then she could meet the Norn spirit. Her hoof was mere inches away from finally receiving the answer she had yearned for all of her life.

But then the room shook wildly, teetering Star into the low waters. She quickly sprung her body out, spitting out sips that got into her mouth.

“Ugh…” Star perked to the sound of a groan. Looking about, she discovered Ratty’s body floating limply atop the water.

“Ratty?”