• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 1,972 Views, 38 Comments

Start of Something New - XnemesiswolfieX



First in my "A New Spectrum" series.

  • ...
9
 38
 1,972

Chapter 2: Skittles?

Chapter 2: Skittles?

Applejack led Rainbow Dash through the woods, while a hint of blush showed in her face underneath her amber orange fur. As many times as she dreamed about Rainbow Dash, she didn't think she would get the chance to do this so soon.

Rainbow groaned. "AJ!"

Applejack braced herself for the in evitable impact of Rainbow's complaints.

"We've been walking for ages! where are we even going? My legs are getting sore. Do you even know where we're going? Are we almost there?"

Before Rainbow could go on, Applejack turned quickly to her and glared. "If ya'll would simmer down, ah could probably tell ya." They kept walking.

Rainbow wasn't hazed. "This place better be awesome enough for me to walkthis long. I mean, I normally fly everywhere. I can't fly when there are--"

A branch from a nearby tree smacked her in the face. "Branches everywhere."

Applejack sighed and turned to Rainbow. A look told Rainbow that Applejack was about to lose it.

"Heh...sorry," Rainbow said half-heartedly.

Moments later, they both realized that Celestia's sun was setting, and Luna's moon was rising.

"We're here," Applejack said. It wasn't much, she had to admit. It was a clearing in the middle of a group of large tree. The hole in the canopy above let the moonlight shine through. The only reason that Applejack chose this spot was that, even though she was never good with romantic subjects, she knew that from the books that she had read in Twilight's library, this sort of scene definitely set a romantic mood.

Rainbow Dash laughed.

"What's so funny 'bout that, now?" Applejack asked, confused.

Rainbow stopped. "You were kidding, right?"

Applejack ignored her and slowly took off her own hat, stepping into the moonlight for effect. "Rainbow," she started nervously, "ah need to talk ta you."

Rainbow's expression suddenly became concerned. "Why? Is everything okay? What happened?"

She was surprised by what Applejack said next. "Ah-ah love you, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow froze. "Um...I..."

Immediately, Applejack panicked. "Rainbow, if you don't wanna reply, ah totally understand. Ah just don't wanna lose our friendshi-"

She ws cut off by Rainbow Dash, and she was too dumbstruck to think of anything else except for how Rainbow's lips tasted like Skittles.

Author's Note: Like I said, these chapters are short. I'll try to make them longer, though. This is only the first story in the series, so be sure to read the sequel when I post it!

Disclaimer: My Little Pony is owned by someone I've never met. If I had money, I would definitely buy it off them. But I don't have money. I don't even have a car.

I don't really care.