• Published 10th Sep 2019
  • 3,065 Views, 47 Comments

BOOM - Khanathara

  • ...
11
 47
 3,065

Research

Author's Note:

Anything in parentheses is only there for reader convenience.

Binds of humans.

Base Three
1) The Arcane Bound(Unicorn) have an elf like appearance and average height for a human. They have the most natural talent when it comes to magic and are often the pioneers of new spells, but often have trouble with magic out side their specific study's and talents as depends on the specific Aracne Bound.

2) The Sky Bound(Pegasus/Thesteral) are light and lithe. The tallest of them only around four and a half foot tall. Unlike the Arcane Bound they can naturally summon ethereal wings without expending unneeded amounts of magic, said wings capable of taking the form of bird or bat like wings. And with the use of there magic can manipulate weather and stand on clouds. They also have much better night vision and hearing then the other bindings, but they struggle with Arcane Bound magic and most are completely incapable of Earth Bound magic.

3) The Earth Bound(Earth Ponies/Buffalo) are tall and built like a mountain. The shortest of them don't often dip below six foot while the tallest push nine foot on average. They have a natural connection to the earth and plants. Most turn their skills to farming or working a forge, but there natural magic can also make them terrifying geomancers and floramancers. The are opposites of the Sky Bound as they struggle with Arcane Bound magic but are almost in capable of Sky bound magic.


Sub-bindings
Earth Bound Sub-bound
Gem Bound

1) The Crystal Bound(Crystal Ponies) are not to different from the Earth bound, but there are noticeable differences. The first is that they have a crystalline appearance and more talent with gems and crystals. The second is that they prefer arctic climates and are rather skilled in frozen aquamancy.

2) The Dog Bound, also known as Diamond Dogs, have more difference to them as they can emit an ethereal aura that could be mistaken for a werewolf under the right conditions. When this aura is emitted they and carve through the earth like a fish in water. They are also known for hording, and supposedly eating, gems.


Sky Bound Sub-bound
Feather Bound

1) The Hunt Bound(Griffin) are prideful hunters and are known for spending more time on the ground then the Sky Bound. It started as a way to have and 'honorable' hunt but became a part of who they are centuries ago, since then they have developed natural ethereal claw magic as well.

2) The Ocean Bound(Hippogriff) are, at best, an anomaly. While they have wings like the Sky Bound, they are also capable of breathing under water and summoning a fish like tail in the same manner as their wings. They have night vision even better then the Sky Bound, likely to see in the depths of the ocean. A number of them also have an incredibly unique voice magic that earned them the name, Siren.


Arcane Bound Sub-bound
Transformation Bound (the few that undergo true transformations)

1) The Rage Bound(Kirin) are so similar to the Arcane Bound that the only way to truly tell the difference is their skill in pyromancy and weather or not they burst into blue flames and transform into a Demon, or "Nirik" as they call it, form when angered.

2) The Centaur Bound, or Centaurs, appear as a mix of the powerful build of Earth Bound and elven appearance of the Arcane Bound. They have a transformation of there own that they can activate at will to transform into a second form, most of which have the appearance of a horse with a human upper body instead of a head. Rarely some are known to have the form of other quadrupedal animals or even an animalistic humanoid.


Unclassified

1) The Drakon(Dragon) have very little known about them. But what we do know is from experience with them and recent discovery from my assistant Spike. They are not born like most mammals, but hatch from eggs similar to a Platypus or Manticore. They have reptilian eyes and tails, as well as claws and scales on certain parts of there body, and the ability to breath fire. They are capable of emitting an aura that gets larger with age, greed and/or anger in the form of a dragon. More information will be added as it is discovered.

2) The Changelings, they are capable of shape-shifting and almost any magic but seem to have similar limitations as the Arcane Bound where they are limited based on the individual. More information will be added as it is discovered.

3) The Beast Men with the wolf masks. More in formation will be added as it is discovered.

4) Discord????

5) May there be more?

The Unbound
Incapable of magic, average with no unique features


Ascension Bound

1) Unbound, few unbound have managed to gain 'Magic.' Though it is nothing but rumors many scholars suspect otherwise and say that any Unbound that gains magic likely to be violent and unpredictable. Caution is recommended, even if they don't exist.

2) Any of the bound can find themselves in this category to become ascended.

3) Discord????


Ascended, AKA Gods

1)Their appearance is a mixture of all the abound and are capable of the magic of any of the bound, the only limits being their personal knowledge and domain of power. They are theoretically immortal, and only six are known to exist in Equestria. How ever many more might be in the world is unknown as they have a tendency to hide among the populace as much as they can to avoid being worshiped as gods or given responsibility's they don't want, but there are at least ten known outside of Equestria and one in Tartarus.

2) Discord????


Twilight Looked over her notes again and again trying to figure out what kind of Bind this Bakugo Katsuki had, while also being thankful for the existence of public records. His name is similar to the names of that the few explorers that go to the Unexplored West and come back speak of, so it is likely that he is from there. But he is not the first and therefor should still fall into the known binds, yet he doesn't seem to match any of them.

His ears are short and rounded so he's not an Arcane, he is to short to be a Earth, but to tall to be a Sky. He has no scales, claws or tail and magic scans revealed that any ethereal emission magic he had was soully focused on his forearms and hands.

This left two, maybe three, options.

Number one and least likely, he is an incredibly short Earth Bound.

Number two and more likely, he was an unknown Bind like the men with the wolf masks that fled or surrendered at Tempest's defeat.

Or three, the option that was most likely and scared her the most, he was an Unbound that gained magic. Making him an Ascension bound and possibly an Ascended at some point in the future. With what Twilight saw of him she wouldn't be surprised if he Ascended and started calling himself 'King Explodo-Kills' or something stupid like that.

"What is this? Age of the Ascended or something?" Twilight asked herself hands massaging her temples. "First myself, then I find out about Sunset and a portal to a world without magic, and then Starlight comes along and shows that she's just a small push away from her own ascension. And now... Now based on magic power alone there's two more. Ugh... I need a break from the constant world ending threats."


Luna was searching the dream realm for this man, this Bakugo. She had just left Tempest dream where she found out what she could about the Storm King as well as the reason for her mangled lymbotic system. As it turns out beings made of magic don't leave very much physical wounds, but the Ursa Minor left magic 'scars' instead. The scares will fade with time, but she will most likely be on her deathbed from age alone before her lymbotic system even comes close to being fully healed.

Luna's thoughts were interrupted when she felt a strong dark dream. It wasn't a full nightmare yet but it was rapidly approaching one, and would likely fly past to full on nightterror if she didn't interfere. Approaching the dream orb she realized that this was both a lucky break and a bad sign as Bakugo's dream was the source of the nightterror. As she entered the dream all of her senses were swiftly assaulted. The smell of blood and sweat hung in the air, flashes of light and sound blinded and disoriented her.

When Luna was able to properly orient herself she saw a raging battle all around her, arrows and spells arching through the air as steel sparked against steel and severed limbs. Looking up she saw that not even the sky was clear of conflict as Sky Bound fought and cast spells at each other and the ground.

Luna attempted to end the dream only to be shocked at the strength of the dream, no, the memory. To end it would require her to find the dreamer. Luna rose to the air to begin her search and was satisfied to see explosion signaling were she need to go. Thanks to being able to be incorporeal she was able to reach him with little issue, however she paused at the sight of his fight. Not because house sized Drakon opponent, the fact he was dodging spells and attacks form all directions, nor how much younger he appeared to be. But because of who his allies are.

Fighting with him against the Drakon and the opposing army were the Pillars of Equestria.

Luna was started out of her shock as everything around her suddenly froze, spells stopped mid air, bodies floating. Bakugo suddenly turned to look at her rapidly ageing to his current age, and as they made eye contact he snarled in a way that would cow a starving and desperate wild predator to abandon its prey, and the dream shattered and forced both back to the waking realm.

"Oh shit"