• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 543 Views, 4 Comments

MLP Friendship is Ghostly Equestria Girls - Musiclover435



Twilight and Phantom head to the human world to retrieve their crowns from two girls who want to rule Equestria and the human world for themselves.

  • ...
 4
 543

Chapter 4

It was lunchtime at Canterlot High and Phantom and Twilight decided to get lunch and luckily, they met up again with Fluttershy. Twilight was between Phantom and Fluttershy. "I know that my little brother and I just met you, but we were wondering if you might be able to help us with something," Twilight asked as she, Phantom, and Fluttershy were getting some food.

"Of course!" Fluttershy said happily.

"We've decided to run for Prince and Princess of the Fall Formal, and…" Phantom started then Fluttershy gasped and spilled some fruit she picked up on Twilight.

"Oh! Oh, gosh! Sorry!" Fluttershy said as she and Phantom grabbed some napkins to help clean Twilight up. "It just, oh, running for Fall Formal Prince and Princess is a really bad idea," Fluttershy told them.

"Why?" Twilight asked.

"Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise want to be Fall Formal Princesses, and when they want something, they get it!" Fluttershy said while throwing away the napkins. "They'll make life awful for anyone who stands in their way. Just ask the two students who ran against them for Prince and Princess of the Spring Fling." Fluttershy said as she got an apple from Granny Smith and walked to a table with Phantom and Twilight.

"We have to try!" Phantom said determinedly.

"Oh, I don't think either of you understand. You'd have to convince everyone here to vote for you two instead of them: the athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco-kids, the techies, the rockers…" Fluttershy said while pointing to the various groups.

"Why is everypony-" Both Spike and Phantom hit Twilight to make her say something else. "Uh, everybody separated this way?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe it was different at your old school, but at CHS, everybody sticks to their own kind. One thing they do know though is that they know Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise are going to rule the school until we graduate," Fluttershy said while grabbing a bite of her fruit.

Meanwhile Phantom saw a ghost sit beside him and he decided to talk to her. "So, got any advice to beat Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise?" He asked the ghost.

She looked around to see if she was imagining things. "Me?" She asked pointing to herself.

"Yes, I mean besides my sister and my friend, you are the only one I am talking to." He told her.

"How can you see me?" She asked. "Not important, do you have any advice on beating Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise?" He asked again.

"Uh, how about you just quit?" Then she left. "Not helpful!" He shouted getting the attention of everyone in the room.

"Is everything alright? Who were you talking to?" Fluttershy asked.

Phantom blushed with embarrassment. 'That's right. Since this isn't the Fluttershy from Equestria. She doesn't know that I can talk to ghosts.'

"Uh, yeah, everything is fine," Phantom said nervously.

"Anyway, Phantom and I are going to work together to stop Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise!" Twilight said confidently then she ate an apple her tray like back in Equestria. When she noticed Fluttershy was looking at her weirdly, she took the apple out of her mouth. "So, uh, heh, where would we find the head of the party planning committee?" Twilight asked.

The School Gym

"Phantom, were you talking to a ghost earlier?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to see if she knew how we could beat Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise. But she wasn't helpful." Phantom said disappointed.

"Don't worry about it Phantom. Besides I am sure you will find some friendly ghosts." Spike said positively.

"Thanks, Spike. Anyway, this is the school gym and Fluttershy said she'd probably be in here." Phantom said to his sister and Spike.

"Incoming!" They heard a voice shouted. They all looked up and there were streamers coming down at them like a rainy day in Ponyville. They all went to the ground and covered their heads. They got up to see a girl with crazy pink hair throwing some confetti in the air. She then started to blow up a balloon.

"Hi, my name is Twilight Sparkle and this is my little brother, Phantom and…" Twilight started then once the girl turned around both Phantom and Twilight gasped in surprise. "Pinkie Pie?" Phantom and Twilight said at the same time.

Pinkie Pie deflated the balloon in surprise. Pinkie Pie grabbed them are looked at them both very close in the face. "Are you two psychic?!" She asked them.

"Sorry, no. I don't think so." Phantom told her.

"Unless of course, that's something you can do here," Twilight said to her.

Pinkie Pie sighed while letting the siblings go. "Not usually."

Phantom and Twilight got themselves up and dusted themselves off. "Fluttershy said this is where we'd find the head of the Fall Formal planning committee," Phantom told her.

Pinkie Pie, who was blowing up a balloon, turned around and looked upset. "Fluttershy, huh?" She said as she tied up the balloon. "Don't let the whole "shy" thing fool you. She can be a real meanie." Pinkie Pie told them.

Phantom and Twilight gasped in surprise. "You two aren't friends?" They said at the same time.

"Waited a bit to get your names on the ballot, huh? Dance is day after tomorrow." Pinkie Pie said with a whole new attitude.

"We're brand new here," Phantom told her.

"Ooooh!" Pinkie said in excitement. Then she put her hand to her chin. "I thought you two didn't look familiar. Though, now that I'm really lookin' at you two…" She said as she looked at both siblings very closely. She then backed up and said, "Do you have a twin sister and brother in the city, have a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?" She asked them.

They both smiled nervously. "Uh, maybe?" Twilight said nervously.

"Thought so. Anyhoo, just need you two to fill this out and you guys are officially up for the coveted Prince and Princess of the Fall Formal crowns." Pinkie Pie told them as she pulled a clipboard and a pen from her hair.

'I will never understand where Pinkie Pie pulls items from her hair or mane.' Phantom thought to himself.

Twilight went first and grabbed the pen with her mouth first then took the pen out of her mouth put it in her hand and tried her best to write her name. Then she gave the pen to Phantom and he tried to write his name with the pen. When Pinkie Pie looked at the clipboard she gasped in surprise. "Wow! You two have really bad handwriting. It's like neither of you have held a pen before."

Phantom laughed nervously. "Is it?" Then he noticed a ghost he recognized from Ponyville messing with some streamers and balloons. 'Youngblood! He's here? Maybe I can talk to him.' He thought to himself. While Phantom walked over to speak to Youngblood he didn't even notice another one of his friends enter the gym.

"Hey, there, Youngblood." He turned around and looked at Phantom.

"How can you see me? Only kids can see me." He told him.

"I'm a special case, Youngblood," Phantom told him.

Then Youngblood's eyes widened in surprise. "How do you even know my name?"

"Umm, it's a long story. My name is Phantom, and you see, my sister and I are running for Prince and Princess of the Fall Formal and…" Youngblood put a hand up to stop Phantom from talking.

"I suggest you and your sister maybe go to the library. I can tell that neither of you are from here." He told him. "Well, we are new to the, umm, school," Phantom said nervously.

"Well, good luck trying to beat Sunset Shimmer and her little sister, Moonrise. Bye Phantom." Then Youngblood disappeared.

"Bye Youngblood."

"Are you all right, sugarcube?" A familiar voice said. Phantom turned around to see... 'Applejack?!' Phantom thought to himself in surprise. "Who were you talking to? 'Cause it looks to me that you are just talking to that their balloon," Applejack told him.

"Uhh, ummm, well you see…" Phantom tried to say but Twilight saved him.

"My brother Phantom something has an over-activate imagination," Twilight told the girls.

"Yeah, back home I was always talking to balloons and stuff. Heh heh." Phantom told the girls nervously.

"Uh, huh. So, you want to run for Prince of the Fall Formal?" Phantom nodded.

"And Twilight Sparkle here wants to run for Princess." Pinkie Pie told her.

"I'd think twice about that. Oh, sure, Moonrise and Sunset Shimmer will approach y'all all friendly-like but then BAM!" Applejack said while popping two balloons. "They will backstab y'all fast then a jackrabbit. About the only girl who you can trust less than Sunset Shimmer and Moonrise is Rainbow Dash."

"Rainbow Dash?!" Phantom and Twilight said in surprise.

"She's the captain of, like, every team at Canterlot High." Pinkie said while bouncing on a balloon across the gym.

"She's also the captain of sayin' she gonna do something for ya, and then turnin' around and not even botherin' to show up." Applejack said clearly upset at Rainbow Dash.

"Thanks for the advice, Applejack, but this is something we really need to do," Phantom told her.

"Huh, suit yourself. Hey, how'd y'all know my name is Applejack?" She asked.

"Uh, I uh… Didn't you say?" Phantom asked nervously.

"Nnnope." Big Mac said as he entered the gym.

"Well, it was nice meeting you both. Bye girls." Twilight said then she, Phantom, and Spike left the gym.

"Those two are trying to hide a secret, but I am totally on to them." Pinkie said to Applejack. "They're psychic!" She whispered to Applejack.

"Uh-huh. If you say so."

Then the doors opened to reveal Moonrise, Sunset Shimmer, Snips, and Snails. "This looks awful!" Moonrise and Sunset Shimmer said together.

"There should be more streamers near the stage and fewer balloons." Sunset Shimmer said while popping a balloon.

"Yeah, streamers." Snips said.

"And fewer balloons!" Snails said while trying to pop a balloon but failed and fell to the ground.

Then Moonrise picked up the bottle of fizzy apple cider. "Fizzy apple cider? Ugh! This is our coronation, not a hoedown." Moonrise told her.

Applejack crossed her arms. "Well, now, it ain't necessarily gonna be y'alls coronation this time around." Applejack told them.

"Oh, is that so?" Moonrise asked.

"You know, you country folk really aren't that bright. Must be why the other students say such awful things about you." Sunset Shimmer said while covering Applejack's face with her hat. Applejack growled with her face turning redder than an apple.

"Obviously it's gonna be our coronation," Moonrise told her smugly.

"We're running unopposed." Sunset Shimmer finished.

"Not this time. The new students just signed up!" Pinkie Pie said while holding up the chipboard that Phantom and Twilight signed.

"What?!" Moonrise and Sunset Shimmer and in surprise. They grabbed the clipboard from her hand are read it together.

"I know. Their handwriting is really bad."

They put it down and looked very angry. "Where is this Twilight Sparkle/Phantom?" They said together with Sunset Shimmer saying Twilight Sparkle and Moonrise saying Phantom. They looked at the confused people in the room and laughed a little. "We're looking forward to the competition!" They said together sweetly.