• Published 29th Oct 2019
  • 485 Views, 7 Comments

Vlad And Minion - dudenotactive



Vlad the kirin, Minion the changeling. Different creatures of different origins. This is their story in Equestria or to be specific, their story in Ponyville.

  • ...
 7
 485

Home Sweet Home

On the outskirts of Ponyville, just pass the cemetery was a simple house. One floor only, walls painted white with a red tiled roof, and a single window on each side. Lastly there was a metal chimney pipe sticking out of the roof with a rooster shaped weather vane on top of the pipe.

This home is the picture of comfort, not too far from town and quiet as it can be. Only a few ponies would ever come across this house on their way to pay respects to the dead, and they would sense a welcoming aura from the house itself once they set their eyes on this cozy little home. It had enough room to grow some crops or a beautiful garden, maybe even a fruit tree depending on the owner's taste.

And this house was Pinkie's main objective for today, for you see, this house is currently occupied by Ponyville's newest addition, Vlad and Minion. This anomaly of a duo had shocked the town with their mere presence yesterday, creating an unease tension in between the citizens of this great town. And it's up to Pinkie to break that tension by befriending this two newcomers. Or so she thought, because in truth she was sent over to spy on them, sent by her friend Twilight Sparkle.

Pinkie was chosen for this job due to her friendly and bubbly personality as well as her special skill of party planning. Twilight had told her that Pinkie's skill will play an important role to her plan.

With determination written all over Pinkie's face, both metaphorically and literally, she cheerfully bounces towards the house. Once she was close enough, Pinkie finally noticed a very odd scene, the area that surrounded the house was completely void of grass, not even a single weed was present on what Pinkie assumed the land that Vlad owns. It was a large empty plot of land that stretches from the house up to the road, no one would notice it at first glance, but once you looked past the cozy and welcoming aura then you finally notice the lack of life on the ground. Not even the the animals that lived nearby would come over on the empty field, which was the least oddest thing Pinkie would discover, especially when she just noticed that even the pebbles and rocks were gone. Of course they are just below the surface, but her time on her family's farm and the small rock sensing skill she acquired tells her that the stones were deep into the earth.

Looking at it now, this house no longer looks like a picture of comfort, without the green and scrumptious grass the house was just completely bland. No longer does she feel cozy just by looking at this house, she only felt a strange feeling in her gut that was telling her not to lay a hoof on the dirt as if something would come out and devour her whole.

"Psst!" Pinkie was immediately snapped out of her trance, her head whipped around searching for whoever had called for her attention. "Up here!"

Pinkie then faced the sky and discovered a cloud floating just above her head with two pairs of eyes staring at her, one was magenta while the other was purple. Before she could even ask who it was, Twilight's head pops out of the cloud.

"Pinkie, what's wrong? You were just staring at the ground for a minute there." Twilight asked her friend, obviously concerned for her.

"Yeah Pinkie, it's like you saw a scary monster." Dash spoke from inside the cloud, her eyes then squinted. "Did you?"

"Nope!" Pinkie answered. "Just find it kinda weird how Vlad has a nice looking house but he has such a weird lawn like this. Don't you girls find it strange?"

"Pinkie, you do realize other ponies could do whatever they want with their property, you do know that right?"

"Dash is correct, but you have to focus on the mission Pinkie, get in there and get some information out of that kirin, we'll be just outside in case there's trouble." Said Twilight before retreating back into the cloud.

Dash's eyes bobbed up and down, agreeing with the alicorn. "And you don't have to worry Pinkie, just call out and we'll come storming!"

"Okay!" Pinkie gleefully said, she glances at the cloud before taking a single step on the soil.

The strange feeling returned and Pinkie quickly took a step back, just in time as something erupted from the soil and nearly caught her by the tip of her pink mane. Minion who just popped out of the hole she just made loudly hissed at the party mare who escaped her trap. Before Pinkie could even greet the changeling she found herself being pulled into the hole with Minion, and the last thing she heard before everything was consumed by darkness was her friends calling out her name.


Applejack was feeling a little bit tensed, just yesterday the town was ready to collapse on itself after two strange creatures came out of nowhere and just moved into Ponyville. And now everything was back to the way it was, but with a strange looking pony in the picture. Speaking of strange pony, Applejack was currently watching Vlad speaking with the mayor. It appears to be that Mayor Mare was giving Vlad a little tour, she was completely eager for some odd reason and Applejack was almost curious as to why.

Applejack felt a shiver run down her spine when Vlad's eyes landed on her, she didn't like how she doesn't know a single thing about him. Only that he wasn't a unicorn at all, just something different. She hadn't heard of a creature called kirin in her life before. And as much as she wanted to give him a chance, the fact that he brought a changeling with him had already made her cautious.

"Hello Applejack!" A silent whisper caught the farmer's attention, she looked over to find Fluttershy shyly place a pouch of bits in front of her. "How are you today?"

"Just fine sugarcube, a little anxious but I'm still doin' fine." Applejack answered.

"Oh my, what's wrong?"

Applejack raised an orange hoof and points it behind Fluttershy. "That kirin over there, somethin' isn't right about him. I can definitely feel it."

"Oh Vlad? He actually spoke to me earlier this morning."

"Really? What did you two talk about?"

"He only asked me questions about the town, questions like the history of your family farm." Applejack's curiosity grew when Fluttershy mentioned the farm, adding more questions into her mind.

"Don't you find it kinda odd of how that colt is askin' about the farm? And weren't you scared?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Oh I was frightened, and I did wonder why he asked about it. But after having a little chat with him, you learn that he is a very kind kirin."

"Really now? What else did ya' find out?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Fluttershy suggested to her friend.

"Ask who?" Fluttershy let's out a yelp and shot up into the sky, Vlad who was originally standing behind Fluttershy could only gawk at the cloud above him with a pegasus shaped hole through it. "Oh..."

"Ahem," Vlad looks away from the cloud to meet Applejack's gaze, the mare was lightly tapping away on the top of her stall. "mornin' Vlad. Need somethin'?"

He smiled before shaking his head. "Oh, nothing really, just wanted to talk to you both."

Applejack raised a single brow. "What do ya' need?"

"Well it's not really what I need, it's just that I'm here to answer a few questions if you have any." Vlad shuffled slightly on his hooves as he awkwardly stared at the ground. "I was planning to go speak with princess Twilight, but her castle was completely empty."

Just when he told her about the castle being empty, Applejack had recalled about Twilight's plan from yesterday. She now realizes that the princess of friendship's plan would be unsuccessful if the kirin was not back at home. A single sweat ran down her cheek as she silently and intensely stared at the kirin. But an idea came into her mind, if she was quick enough, then she could bring him back to his house.

"Well that's an interesting idea Vlad, but why do you want to answer some questions out of the blue?"

Vlad tapped a hoof on his chin. "Well, I heard about how princess Twilight likes to learn about new things, so I thought maybe a few trivial facts about my kind would help me to get to know her as well as everyone in town!"

"That's a great idea Vlad!" Fluttershy whispered.

"What happened to you? I imagined that you wouldn't be so scared of Vlad anymore." Applejack shook her head. "Guess good 'ol Fluttershy is still the pegasus we all know and love."

The kirin gasped. "Oh, I am deeply sorry if I scared you." A light bulb flashed over his head. "How about I make it up to you, we can have some coffee back at my place. Minion is making a batch of cookies back home, if we hurry now we can enjoy them while they're fresh!"

"You d-don't need to do that Vlad, I'm fine... Maybe next time-"

"We would love to!" Applejack immediately cuts Fluttershy off and wrapped her foreleg around the pegasus. "Right sugarcube?"

"R-right..."

Vlad smiled upon their answers. "Great! You would really love the cookies, I guarantee!"

Applejack mentally gave herself a pat on the back, "I sure am excited, right Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy's answer was a whimper as they began making their way to Vlad's humble abode.


"So Vlad..."

"Hmm?" The kirin looked over his shoulder and faced Applejack as he lead the two mares to his home for a friendly chat.

"Ah' have been wondering about where you were from, since Ah' never met a kirin before." Said Applejack.

Vlad chuckled lightly. "Well, there's this village hidden in a valley located on the east side of Equestria. I think the strange old stallion called the mountain that surrounds my village 'Peaks of Peril'."

"P-P-Peaks of Peril!?" Fluttershy who was silent ever since they left town had finally spoke.

Applejack's eyes narrowed at Vlad. "Well that's certainly an interesting name for a place where kirins live in."

"Yeah, but the only peril I ever experience there was the lack of hayburgers!" A sigh escapes from Vlad. "Don't get me wrong, kirin recipes are great, but something about fast-food meals keeps me coming back."

"Ah' think you should keep off those greasy hayburgers, they're not healthy fer ya'."

"W-what exactly are other kirins like back at your village?" Fluttershy asked.

"To be honest, I don't really see much difference between kirins and ponies. Besides the fact kirins are a bit friendly with nature." Vlad spoke before stopping in his tracks to let a mother duck and her ducklings pass by before continuing. "Kirins respects all life on the planet, from the biggest elephant to the smallest ant, as well as every living plant. We must respect them for the roles they play in this world, for it is us who are given the responsibility for the world they live in."

"You're right!" Fluttershy practically sang, completely agreeing with his point. "Ponies as well as other creatures are always growing and expanding, removing less and less room for the wild life. And in the far future there might not be any room at all! It's up to everyone to make sure that that the planet does not suffer from our actions."

"Yes, I totally agree!" Vlad smiled and Fluttershy did the same as they began talking about nature even further, but their conversation started changing from how they could help the environment to how adorable squirrels are. Applejack mentally facepalmed herself as she watches the two ahead of her.

Applejack silently grunts. "Excuse me tree lovers, but weren't we talking about kirins? Not that Ah' don't care about the environment, but we started with a different subject."

"Oh, your right. How about we continue right after I serve cookies? We are nearly there-"

The three came to a complete stop as they all finally notice the anomaly in front of them, Twilight Sparkle was furiously attempting to pull out a pony who was stuck in the ground by the tail with Rainbow Dash digging her hooves into the dirt while threatening said soil of how she'll kick them "to next tuesday".

"She's really in there good!" Said Twilight, tugging on the cotton candy like tail even harder with her magic.

"What?" Was all Vlad could say.

"What you said..." Said Applejack.

"I'm as confused as you are." Said Minion as she held a smoothie in the air.

Both Twilight and Dash paused upon hearing the changeling and sets their eyes on her, Minion did not flinch under their gaze and took a long and loud sip out of her smoothie.

"You!" Dash pointed an offending hoof towards Minion.

"Me." Minion said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, you! I'm gonna pummel you with my hooves and turn you into a smoothie!"

Dash threatened, but it fell on deaf ears as the changeling snorted a laugh. "Could you be a little bit original? Just because I'm holding a smoothie doesn't mean turning me into one would even scare me."

"Oh I'll be original alright, when I'm done with your face it would be a piece of art!"

"Oh blow it out your ass!"

"Why you!"

Before things could escalate even more, Vlad leaped between the two. Hooves elevated just above his shoulders to keep them far apart from each other. "Enough! Minion, what did you do?"

She growls audibly and furiously tossed her smoothie aside. "Hey don't you fucking dare pin this on me! They were trespassing, I'm just upholding your dumb rules!"

"Did they break into our home, Minion?" Vlad questioned her before taking a single step forward. Minion stumbled a little as she kept their distance. "If so, then you are free to do anything that is needed, just as how I've told you last time. So I ask again, did they break into our home?"

"N-no. I-I... Well t-they... FUCK!" Minion stuttered and cursed before turning tail and retreated into a hole that Vlad or the rest had not notice before. "Choke on a dick!" They all heard one last time from Minion before she disappeared into the darkness of the small tunnel.

Vlad could only let out tiring sigh before facing the mares with him. A sheepish smile meet numerous silent and awkward gaze of the mares.

Vlad awkwardly coughed into his hoof and averted his eyes. Not wanting to make contact with their judgment stares. "I am so sorry you had to see that, please let me make it up to you! Uh, Minion!?"

He called out for the changeling, his voice echoed in the tunnel but no answer was given.

"Are the cookies done!?" He asked the hole, but still no answers. Vlad glanced behind himself, the mares were still staring at him. He even felt as if Pinkie's rear was also watching him, and that was not a pleasant picture in his mind. "Heh... I uh... I have some juice in the fridge..."

To be continued.