• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 1,975 Views, 53 Comments

Fleetfire - Melody Song



the story of how Spitfire and Fleetfoot fall in love and their adventures together

  • ...
5
 53
 1,975

Can't Help Falling in Love With You

Fleetfoot was putting her gear away in the locker room when Soarin and Rainbow came in, chatting with Spitfire.

"Hey Fleet, we were looking for you. Since it's an off day tomorrow, do you wanna hit the bar with us?" Spitfire asked. The Wonderbolts all knew Spitfire liked beer, she had developed an impressive tolerance for it.

"Of courthe, let me jutht put my goggleth away." Fleetfoot said, hooking her flight goggles into the hook in her locker, then shutting it.

the four ponies headed out and flew to a bar nearby. After an hour or two, it was evening, and the ponies had had their fair share of drinks. Fleetfoot hadn't had more than one cup yet, she was drinking it slow. Fleetfoot wasn't very strong with alcohol, and was trying to prevent herself from getting drunk.

"So, then The Shadowy Pony was in this weird cave underneath the place, and we were 'bout to push him into limbo when Twi goes flying into the smokey stuff he's made of, and so does Starlight, and they come back out with another pony. He's good now, so then we push the Shadow thing into limbo without him, and everything's good again." Rainbow said, her voice slurred, she was leaning against Soarin's shoulder, and he had a wing around her.

"Great story baby." Soarin murmured, burping a little, he didn't really drink, but he'd had a couple beers himself.

Spitfire laughed at the two, as Rainbow giggled and hugged Soarin. Fleetfoot laughed to, then gave a small hiccup. Spitfire turned and rubbed her back.

"You okay?" Spitfire asked, and Fleetfoot nodded.

"Yeah, jutht had too much of the beer." Fleetfoot replied, burping. Spitfire smiled and leaned in, nuzzling her.

"You sure you don't want some more? You only had one 'n a half." Spitfire breathed into Fleetfoot's ear, she sounded drunk, she'd had a bit more than the others.

"I'm sure, thomepony needth to thtay thober to help Clipper carry you back." Fleetfoot teased, and Spitfire shrugged, hugging onto Fleetfoot.

Rainbow was done drinking for now, and was snuggled into Soarin's chest fluff, while Soarin held her close to make sure his girl didn't get too drunk. Rainbow looked up and saw Spitfire cuddling up against Fleetfoot, who was sipping from her glass and had a wing over Spitfire to make sure she didn't fall off the booth.

"Soarie, lookit." She mumbled, pointing at the two, and Soarin looked up and chuckled

"They look cute together." Soarin commented, as Rainbow pushed herself up and kissed his cheek

"You're cuter-hic!" Rainbow said, covering her mouth with her hoof as she hiccuped

"Hey, Fleet, think it's time we got these two back to HQ?" Soarin asked, and Fleetfoot nodded, putting the cup down and pulling some bits out. Soarin tossed some bits down on the table as well, then lifted Rainbow up, nuzzling her before setting her on his back.

"I can get Thpitfire." Fleetfoot told him, just as Spitfire slipped off the booth, grabbing onto Fleetfoot. Fleetfoot picked up Spitfire and the two flew out of the bar. When they got back to HQ, Soarin carried Rainbow into the Co-Captain's private room, while Fleetfoot took Spitfire into the Captain's room, setting her down.

"Fleetfoot, you wanna stay w'me?" Spitfire asked

"I-I don't know." Fleetfoot said, blushing, and Spitfire grabbed her by the hoof, tugging her into the bed.

Before Fleetfoot could leave, Spitfire was clinging onto her and had fallen asleep. Fleetfoot had no choice but to hug back, falling asleep herself. The next day, Fleetfoot and Spitfire woke up around the same time, then saw each other. Fleetfoot scrambled to get up, falling onto the floor.

"Are you okay Fleetfoot?" Spitfire asked, leaning over the edge of the bed to see her

"Yeah, but I'm tho thorry, I didn't mean to fall athleep, you were holding on to me tho tight that I couldn't get free, I'm thorry, really." Fleetfoot apologized, pulling herself upright, and Spitfire gagged.

"I-it's fine Fleetfoot, b-but I feel sick." Spitfire said, rushing to the bathroom connected to the room. She threw up into the toilet as Fleetfoot came up behind her.

"You were pretty drunk latht, night, and that'th thaying thomething for you. Um...do you mind if I go?" Fleetfoot asked, and Spitfire looked up

"Y-yeah, I'll be fine, go ahead." Spitfire replied, then gagged again.

Fleetfoot left quietly, so not to disturb Spitfire. Fleetfoot felt a little guilty that she was leaving Spitfire, but she had a headache, she needed some Aspirin. Fleetfoot went to the Sick bay and got some from the doctor, who advised that to drink less strong beer next time if only one cup was giving her headaches. Fleetfoot swallowed the amount of Aspirin the Doctor had given her, thinking that she could have asked for some for Spitfire.

"Morning Fleetfoot." Soarin called, he was leaving his room

"Morning Clipper. Where'th Rainbow?" Fleetfoot asked

"In my bathroom." Soarin replied. "She's got a pretty bad hangover, I was just going to get her some Aspirin, can you watch her for me?" Soarin asked, and Fleetfoot nodded.

Fleetfoot entered the room, going into Soarin's private bathroom. Rainbow was hunched over, and looked up as Fleetfoot came up to her.

"Where's Soarin?" She asked Fleetfoot

"He wanted me to watch you while he got you thome Athpirin." Fleetfoot replied, sitting down and sighing.

"What's wrong?" Rainbow asked

"I-I wath in Thpitfire'th room latht night becauthe she wouldn't let go of me, a-and I left her to deal with the hangover by herthelf. I guethth I feel a little guilty." Fleetfoot sighed

"Sounds like a crush." Soarin said, trotting into the bathroom and sitting beside Rainbow, passing her some pills and a glass of water. Rainbow kissed his cheek, then swallowed the Aspirin. "I mean, you are blushing, and when you said Spitfire's name, your eyes got all far-away, or something." Soarin continued

"What Soarin means, is that you like her." Rainbow added

"I-I don't think I do, we're jutht friendth." Fleetfoot insisted, but she didn't believe it herself.

"Sounds like somepony's in denial." Rainbow replied cheekily, and Soarin nuzzled her.

"I-I have to go." Fleetfoot said hastily, leaving.

"Do I really like her?" Fleetfoot thought, going into the sleeping quarters.

"I've never had a crush before, what do I do? What if Thpitfire doesthn't like me?" Fleetfoot asked herself, pacing a little.

While Fleetfoot was worrying, Rainbow and Soarin were still in his room, Rainbow was snuggling with him, sitting on the bed so they could talk while Rainbow recovered from the hangover.

"I know Fleetfoot's got a crush on her, we need to get her to confess." Rainbow said, and Soarin smiled, hugging her.

"I've known them both for a long time, I think I know how to get them to fall in love. But first, you need to rest." Soarin said, nuzzling Rainbow, and the two smiled at each other.

"Alright, love you Soarin." Rainbow said, hugging him.

"Love you too, now time to sleep." Soarin insisted, and Rainbow nodded.

Author's Note:

I love this ship, it's second favorite only to Soarindash. just wanted to let you know that the stories will be told through the four friends in this chapter. I'll try to update when I can. Until next time.

~Melody Song