• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 1,975 Views, 53 Comments

Fleetfire - Melody Song



the story of how Spitfire and Fleetfoot fall in love and their adventures together

  • ...
5
 53
 1,975

The Frosty Party

Two days later, Fleetfoot's wounds were healed, with some help from Spitfire's healing flames. Fleetfoot's posture grew more and more slumped as she neared the mansion in the rich side of Cloudsdale. She made it to her parent's mansion at exactly six in the afternoon. The house had her family mark on the door. A jagged, star-shaped snowflake.

"Here we go." Fleetfoot breathed, shaking herself "Come on Fleetfoot. You were able to handle fifteen yearth of thith, and their abuthe everytime we get together to be 'the perfect family' everypony thinkth we are. You can handle one night." she muttered, then knocked. The door opened.

"Hey sis." a purple pegasus stallion greeted.

"Dark Shooter! Oh thank Celethtia." Fleetfoot hugged her older brother happily, and he smiled.

"Let me guess, you were expecting mom and dad?" Dark Shooter asked, and Fleetfoot nodded. He ruffled his sister's white mane, identical to his own. They had also both inherited their father's unique almond-shaped, fuchsia eyes.

"Yeah. Where are they? I figured mom and dad would be making sure their little prince ith all ready for the party." Fleetfoot said as they went inside.

"Please, I wouldn't let them if they tried. Mom's doing her mane and dad's showering. I just got here myself, only took off my uniform a few minutes ago. I was on duty this morning to make up for the time I have to take off work tonight." Dark Shooter said, nodding to the pile of black armor and dark purple helmet on the couch.

"I know you're probably the betht Royal Guard Princethth Luna'th ever had. It ith your talent, after all." Fleetfoot commented, and Dark Shooter smiled, looking down at his cutie mark. It was an arrow with a crescent moon shaped arrowhead, and black feathers tied to the other end.

"Yeah. She's thinking of promoting me to Head Guard, since Shining Armor's looking for one to take over when he's in the Crystal Empire. Anyway, how's it going with the Wonderbolts?" Dark Shooter asked

"Really good." Fleetfoot then moved closer, and whispered into his ear "Lithten, I have thomething to tell you, but you can't tell mom and dad."

"Like I would." Dark Shooter rolled his eyes "What's up sis?"

"Well, I...I have a thpecial thomepony." Fleetfoot began

"Cool, who?" Dark Shooter asked

"Thpitfire." Fleetfoot blushed "She and I have been dating for a while. You're okay with that, right?"

"Of course I am. Be yourself sis. I'll be here to support you." Dark Shooter said, and Fleetfoot smiled

"Thank you Dark, and she altho made me uthe our Wonderbolt Friendship thwear to promithe you'll protect me tonight."

"Can't fault her for that, don't worry, I would've protected you anyway." Dark Shooter assured her

"You know, mom and dad may be wrong about a lot of thingth, but they are right about you being the betht brother ever." Fleetfoot teased

"Aw, sis, don't make me blush." Dark Shooter's response was drowned out by a yell

"Fleetfoot! What are you doing?! Get away from my son and get dressed!" Icy Mint yelled

"I guethth I better go." Fleetfoot sighed, heading to the bedroom that she had lived in as a kid.

Fleetfoot pushed open the door and looked in. Her dress was lying on the bed in the center of the room. The room itself had a closet in one corner, and a vanity pushed against a wall. But other than that, it was empty, Icy Mint and Sharp Skater had cleared out every single thing Fleetfoot had owned after she moved out.

Fleetfoot flew over to the bed and picked up the dress. It was a deep purple color, long and elegant. The gown was lined with gold fabric and was styled so it only covered one shoulder, the rest of the top wrapping around her chest. The skirt was long enough that it would cover her back legs.

"And my cutie mark" Fleetfoot thought to herself as she put it on, looking at herself in the mirror. "I probably won't even recognize myself when Icy's done" she sighed.

"Time to get your mane out of that accursed style brat." Icy Mint stalked into the room, wearing an off-the-shoulder dress that was a light rose pink with darker pink lining.

Icy Mint grabbed Fleetfoot and tugged her over to the vanity, grabbing the hairbrush and intentionally pulling Fleetfoot's mane until it was down. Then Icy began styling it, pulling harder with the brush when Fleetfoot yelped. Finally Icy released Fleetfoot, half her mane done up in a complicated braided bun, with the other half flowing out under it. The bun was held by a silver hairpin that had real amethysts embedded in it.

"If you loose that pin you're getting it." Icy Mint snarled, punching Fleetfoot in the face, then slapping her before leaving the room "Cover up the bruises, we're leaving soon." she added over her shoulder.

Fleetfoot opened a drawer in the vanity, which was full of makeup and concealer. Fleetfoot was expected to wear makeup by her parents, and she also kept a lot of makeup that was the same color as her coat, so nopony would see the bruises. Fleetfoot applied the makeup and left the room, where she had to listen to Icy Mint lecturing them on how to behave. Dark Shooter was in a black suit, as was Sharp Skater.

"Sharp Skater, darling, what will you be doing?" Icy Mint asked

"Answering any questions the ponies ask about my role on the hockey team." Sharp Skater answered

"Good. Dark Shooter, my beautiful son, what do you need to do?" Icy Mint pressed

"I'm supposed to stand between Father and Fleetfoot, and talk to ponies about my job." Dark Shooter said with a small sigh.

"Very nice dear. You, brat. What do you do?" Icy Mint asked

"I'll be thtanding between you and Dark Shooter, making no noithe and pretending I don't exitht."

"You had better. And don't forget to smile." Icy Mint directed, then herded them outside. They made it to Canterlot at the start of the ball, where rich ponies were mingling with each other. Princesses Celestia and Luna were at the door. They bowed politely in greeting to the alicorns, then went inside.

It was pretty boring, and Fleetfoot wished she could talk with Dark Shooter. Suddenly, Prince Blueblood trotted up. Fleetfoot inwardly screamed. The Prince was a stuck up brat who was so spoiled he thought he could get away with anything. Icy Mint and Sharp Skater bowed, Dark Shooter and Fleetfoot following their lead. Prince Blueblood smirked and pulled Fleetfoot up, kneeling before her.

"My lady, you look very beautiful tonight. How would you like to dance with me?" Blueblood gestured to the other couples dancing to the music that was playing.

"I'm thorry, but I have a girlfriend." Fleetfoot said shortly, jerking her hoof away from his "Not sorry." Fleetfoot thought angrily as she glared at the stupid prince.

"Very well. I didn't want to be with a gay freak anyway." Prince Blueblood replied, stalking away huffily.

"You'll pay for that you brat. We could have gotten you married off and worse, you're a gay? You're not getting away with this." Sharp Skater snarled. Fleetfoot gulped and shrank down a little.

After the party, Icy Mint held Dark Shooter back as Sharp Skater beat Fleetfoot, tearing her dress with his hooves as he delivered the blows. He then knocked the pin out of her mane. It clattered onto the cobblestone road. The clinking alerted a nearby guard, and he ran to find a Princess. Something told him this would be out of his jurisdiction. Dark Shooter struggled against his mother, trying to get to Fleetfoot.

"Let me go! Mother, let me go! Father, stop, you're hurting her!" Dark Shooter cried, extending his wings to fly to his sister.

"Dark Shooter, you're hysterical. There's no way you're going to help that brat." Icy Mint objected

"RELEASE HER, I COMMANDETH THEE." Bellowed a unmistakable voice

Princess Luna landed on the ground beside Fleetfoot, using her magic to pull Sharp Skater off of Fleetfoot, who was nearly unconcious. Fleetfoot looked up at her in confusion.

"Leave. Now." Princess Luna ordered. Icy Mint dropped Dark Shooter and she and Sharp Skater ran off.

"Thank you Princess." Dark Shooter said gratefully, running to his sister.

"Yeth, thank you Princethth." Fleetfoot agreed

"It's no trouble. One of your guards heard you yelling and came to get me. I wish he'd dealt with it himself though, I needed to keep an eye on Celestia, she was eyeing the buffet." Luna replied, and knelt down, her horn lighting up. Fleetfoot's wounds began to heal, but stopped, leaving bruises and small cuts behind "My magic can only heal you this much, I'm sorry."

"It'th okay Princethth, I can get to HQ." Fleetfoot assured her

"Did you call him 'my guard'?" Dark Shooter asked

"Yes Dark Shooter, after seeing what you tried to do to protect your sister I think I will make you head guard. You will still have your regular duties, of course." Princess Luna explained

"Th-thank you Princess." Dark Shooter bowed, then turned to Fleetfoot "Should I fly you back to your Headquarters?"

"Okay, thankth bro." Fleetfoot said, and he followed her as she took off. Princess Luna smiled after them, then turned and headed back into the castle, calling for the guards to find Icy Mint and Sharp Skater.


Spitfire was taking care of some paperwork that needed to get done. She decided to wait up for Fleetfoot instead of going to bed.

"Ugh. I need some water." Spitfire muttered, standing up and leaving her office. As she went into the hallway, the front door opened. Fleetfoot ran in, wearing a torn purple dress, her mane tangled and hanging around her face.

"Thpitty!" Fleetfoot cried, hugging her marefriend tightly. Spitfire was caught off guard for a minute, but wrapped her forelegs around Fleetfoot anyway.

"Fleety! Do I even have to ask?" Spitfire sighed, hugging back as Fleetfoot began crying "Baby, you're hysterical. What did they do to you?"

"I didn't mean to break the promithe Thpitty, I'm thorry. They weren't thuppothed to hurt me but I told them I wath lethbian and they thnapped, I didn't mean to, I'm thorry!" Fleetfoot sobbed into Spitfire's chest fur.

"It's alright, I'm just glad you're okay." Spitfire soothed, nuzzling her gently.

"Sorry Spitfire, I tried to protect her, but mom and dad were holding me back." Dark Shooter said

"And you couldn't fight them off? You're a Royal Guard for Celestia's sake!" Spitfire exclaimed, running a hoof through Fleetfoot's mane to calm her down.

"I'm sorry Spitfire, really. I tried my best, but mom can be surprisingly strong for somepony who says exercising is inappropriate for mares." Dark Shooter answered

"It'th not hith fault baby, don't fight, pleathe. Princethth Luna already healed me, and she liked how much he cared about me." Fleetfoot begged

"We're not fighting Fleety, I'm just worried about you." Spitfire assured her, kissing Fleetfoot's forehead.

"Same here sis." Dark Shooter agreed

"Come on Fleety, let's get you to bed." Spitfire said, taking Fleetfoot towards the Captain's room. Dark Shooter ran forwards and gave Fleetfoot a hug.

"See you later sis." Dark Shooter looked to Spitfire "Take care of her for me." he said

"I'll take good care of your sister Dark, don't worry." Spitfire replied, leading Fleetfoot into her bedroom.

"Thankth Thpitty." Fleetfoot murmured as Spitfire laid her down in bed.

Spitfire smiled kindly at her marefriend as she got in bed herself, the paperwork could wait another day. Fleetfoot needed her.

"It'll be okay Fleety, get some sleep." Spitfire kissed Fleetfoot's forehead, and the mare cuddled up to her, falling asleep.