• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 1,975 Views, 53 Comments

Fleetfire - Melody Song



the story of how Spitfire and Fleetfoot fall in love and their adventures together

  • ...
5
 53
 1,975

Ponyville's Support Group

Author's Note:

I'm sorry this took so long to get out. I'll try to do better. Also, the chapter title sounds weird, I know. I couldn't figure out a title that wouldn't give away the plot of this chapter and also sound good. Forgive me.

~Melody Song

Rainbow led them towards a building that looked like a giant cupcake.

"Sugar Cube Corner. The sweetest place in town." Rainbow explained, and Surprise's mouth watered.

"I can smell the sugar~" Surprise moaned.

"Fine." Spitfire sighed. Surprise charged towards the sweet shoppe. Spitfire shook her head, then looked at Fire Streak. "Keep an eye on her." she directed, and he nodded, following the mare.

"Come on, I want to show you Sweet Apple Acres."

Rainbow led the gang to fields and fields of apple trees. The group all looked around in awe. They heard a grunting and Rainbow led them towards the noise.

"He-yah! Huh!"

An orange Earth Pony mare with a blonde mane and a brown hat on her head was hitting her back legs against a tree. She backed up as apples fell into buckets placed strategically under the tree. She nodded satisfactorily at the neatly piled apples, then turned.

"Oh, hey RD. What're you doin' here?" the mare asked.

"Hey AJ. I was just showing the 'bolts around."

The mare, Applejack, wiped the sweat from her brow and eyed them.

"Oh, hey ya'll. Rainbow, have you seen AB anywhere?"

"Apple Bloom? No. Sparkfire, Spit's little sister, was looking for Scootaloo though."

"She n' Sweetie Belle took off with Apple Bloom this mornin'. That's why I'm lookin' for her, she ran off without doin' her chores."

"And that's a bad thing? I mean, you and your brother could just do them yourself." Rainbow responded.

"Yeah, no. He and Sugar Belle are on a date an' Granny Smith told me to buck the north and east orchards. I haven't had time to do more 'n mah own chores."

Applejack spun on her front hooves and rammed her back hooves against another tree. The apples rained down around her and she watched them with a smile.

"Anyway, you got any pies?" Rainbow asked. Applejack eyed her.

"Why? You don't like-"

"Not for me, for Soarin." Rainbow jerked her head back to the stallion.

"Oh. Ah got a few coolin' back at the barn. Come with me." Applejack hit one more tree before leading Soarin to the farm.

"I'll come with you." Rainbow followed him.

"Me too. I want pie." Rapidfire added. Thunderlane and Misty Fly joined them as well.

"You guys wanna get a sky-side view of the place?" High Winds suggested, and they nodded, opening their wings.

"You two coming?" Wave Chill asked as they took off.

"We'll catch up with you later." Spitfire replied, and he nodded, leading the leftover Wonderbolts into the air.

"I think I thaw a park while we were flying in. You want to check it out?" Fleetfoot suggested. Spitfire nodded and smiled.


As they entered the park, Spitfire leaned her head on Fleetfoot's.

"Thpit..." Fleetfoot slipped out from under her, and Spitfire stumbled.

"What is it baby?"

"I-I'm not comfortable with...showing who we are in public. In front of our friendth ith one thing, but thith ith a completely new place." Fleetfoot looked away, eyes glistening.

"It's okay Fleety." Spitfire assured her, placing a wingtip on Fleetfoot's shoulder. "We don't have to be affectionate in public, I get it."

"Thank you honey." Fleetfoot whispered.

"Baby!" they heard, and Spitfire's head snapped up, followed by Fleetfoot's.

A mint-green Unicorn with a white and light green mane was running for an Earth Pony mare with a cream colored coat and a pink and blue curly mane.

"Hi Lyra." the mare greeted casually as the Unicorn hugged her around the neck. They nuzzled each other before walking away.

"That's weird. I mean, we are alone but why just practically tell everyone that may be watching; 'hey, I'm gay'?" Spitfire muttered.

"Wow, and I thought Gallus didn't know anything about LGBT couples." Spitfire and Fleetfoot turned to see the dragon and griffon from before standing beside an Earth Pony and a creature that had to be a reformed changeling.

"What are you talking about?" Spitfire asked.

"Ponyville has like, five LGBT couples, including us." the Earth Pony replied, and the griffon put a claw in his mane.

"It does?" Spitfire asked, and the dragon nodded.

"Yeah. Let's see...there's Scootaloo's Aunts, Holiday and Lofty...then there's Lyra and Bon Bon...Octavia and Vinyl...Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon...and us." the dragon filled her in, then put her claw on the changeling's back.

"I'm Sandbar, that's Ocellus, Smolder, and Gallus." the Earth Pony introduced.

"So, you're dating?" Spitfire asked. "When I heard Smolder and Gallus fighting earlier I reasoned that it might be you gave each other nicknames because of that, but I wasn't sure."

"Yeah. Gallus and I are dating, and Smolder and Ocellus are a thing." Sandbar explained, as Gallus nipped his ear affectionately.

"So, I'm guessing you two are a thing?" Smolder asked.

"Mm-hmm." Fleetfoot nodded, and Spitfire draped a wing over her back.

"You see, in Ponyville, they accept anycreature, even gays. We actually left Yona and Silverstream to go to a little get-together with the others. You...wanna come?" Sandbar asked shyly.

"Oh, uh..." Spitfire glanced at Fleetfoot, who gave her a small nod. "We do have some time on our hooves, I guess we could."

"Cool. That's where Lyra and Bon Bon were heading, we should catch up with them." Sandbar pulled away from Gallus, who took off and flew after him.

The four creatures led Spitfire and Fleetfoot to a lake near the outskirts of town. A group of eight mares were standing there, talking with each other.

"I hate being one of the only boys." Gallus muttered, and Smolder laughed.

"You'll get used to it Gal. I was the only boy in the group before you came to Ponyville." Sandbar assured him, pecking the griffon on the cheek.

"There you guys are." a pink Earth Pony filly with a purple-white mane remarked, coming up with a silver-themed Earth Pony filly, as well as a white Unicorn mare and a gray Earth Pony mare.

"Hey Diamond, hi Silver." the changeling spoke softly.

"You're the Captain of the Wonderbolts, right?" the gray Earth Pony filly asked.

"Um, yeah."

"What are you doing here?" the pink filly asked.

"She and her marefriend were interested." Smolder shrugged.

"Marefriend? Well, that's new." the gray mare said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, only the other Wonderbolts know that Fleetfoot and I are dating...you wouldn't mind not mentioning it, would you?" Spitfire asked as the other ponies came up to them.

"Not a problem. Bonnie and I may not mind showing affection in public but we get it's not for everypo-er, creature." Lyra glanced nervously at the dragon, griffon, and changeling to see if she'd upset them.

"I'm Holiday, this is my wife, Lofty." the orange Earth Pony said, and the Pegasus nuzzled her.

"I am Octavia Melody, and this is Vinyl Scratch." the gray mare said, nuzzling the Unicorn mare by her side.

"Diamond Tiara, daughter of Filthy Rich. This is Silver Spoon...we haven't exactly figured things out yet, but we definitely love each other." the pink filly joined in.

"So, what do you all meet up for?" Spitfire asked.

"Just to have some time to talk about stuff." Silver Spoon shrugged.

"Like what?" Fleetfoot asked.

"Just anything. Come on." Smolder grabbed Ocellus around the waist and took off, flying to a tree by the lake and touching down. She held Ocellus in her lap and leaned back against the tree.

"Well, you don't have to tell me twice." Gallus lifted Sandbar up and followed her.

Unlike his friend, Gallus instead laid down on his stomach on the grass near the tree. As the mares caught up with them, Gallus let out a lazy yawn. He stretched his back legs out and curled his tail over them in a cat-like fashion. Sandbar settled down by the griffon and laid his head against his side. Gallus smiled and wrapped a wing over the colt. The rest of the group all laid down by the four as well, in various positions.

"So, what's new with you?" Smolder asked Diamond, who shrugged.

"Same old stuff. My parents still hate that I'm lesbian and threaten to take away my inheritance as well as kick me out of the house. Nothing new."

"That'th old newth to you? My parentth did that yearth ago." Fleetfoot said, then gasped and covered her mouth with her wing.

"You mean you have homophobes for parents too?" Diamond asked, but Fleetfoot didn't answer, instead looking away, down at the grass.

"She doesn't like talking in front of others with her lisp." Spitfire explained.

"Oh, we don't care." Bon Bon said simply. Fleetfoot sighed and moved her wing.

"Back to your quethtion Diamond, I'm the daughter of Icy Mint and Sharp Thkater. My older brother ith thupportive of me but they dithowned me a long time ago. The only reathon we thtill talk ith becauthe they need me to participate in the family image." Fleetfoot explained.

"And you guys wonder why I'm so messed up." Diamond joked. "I guess our families must be pretty similar."

"Mine too, my parents have been mad ever since I came out to them, and they're the second richest ponies in town." Silver Spoon added.

"You girls know that if your parents do ever disown you, you're always welcome at our home." Holiday said, putting her hoof on top of Lofty's. "Scootaloo wouldn't mind the company and we can look after you."

"Thank you Holiday...if we ever are forced to leave our parents' homes, we'll go to you." Diamond said, as Silver Spoon nestled against her.

"I'm glad my family's supportive of me." Sandbar sighed, and Gallus grunted. "Sorry Gally."

"Anyway, what about you Lyra, Bon Bon?" Lofty asked.

"Well, our anniversary is coming up." Bon Bon said, kissing Lyra on the cheek.

"Vi and I are hosting a concert together in Manehatten next month." Octavia joined in.

"Smolder and I are going to the Hive for Summer Break, she's going to meet my family." Ocellus added, nuzzling against the dragon.

"What about you two?" Lofty asked Spitfire, and she looked away.

"We don't have anything special coming up, other than our next off day." Spitfire responded.

"Well, Gallus is meeting my family this summer." Sandbar said, and Gallus shrugged.

"Better than going back to Griffonstone."

"Why is it better?" Spitfire asked, and Gallus looked away.

"Well, I don't really...have a family. I've been an orphan as long as I can remember. So excuse me if I'm not eager to go back to Griffonstone...because I don't have a family to go back to." Gallus explained, and Spitfire nodded.

"Understood. Sorry."

"Eh, it's fine. Happens all the time." Gallus shrugged and buried his beak in Sandbar's mane.

The group talked for a little while longer, until Rainbow Dash landed near them.

"Hey Holiday, Lofty."

"Oh, hello Rainbow Dash. What are you doing here?"

"Looking for Spit and Fleet, we're all meeting up at Sugar Cube Corner to hang out with the rest of my friends." Rainbow explained.

"We're coming." Spitfire stood up, followed by Fleetfoot.

"See you later then." Diamond said.

"So, you had some fun with them?" Rainbow asked as they headed back towards town.

"Yeah. They all were really nice." Fleetfoot added.

"Well, you're gonna love my friends too."